|Chicken breast, ground||1 pound|
|Vegetable oil||1 tablespoon|
|Lowfat mozzarella cheese, grated||½ pound|
|Small onion, finely diced||½|
|Garlic clove, minced||1|
|Medium green pepper, seeded, minced||1|
|Small tomato, finely chopped||1|
|Instant corn flour (masa harina)||5 cups|
- In nonstick skillet, sauté chicken in oil over low heat until it turns white. Stir chicken constantly to keep it from sticking.
- Add onion, garlic, green pepper, and tomato. Cook chicken mixture through. Remove skillet from stove and let mixture cool in refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, place flour and salt in large mixing bowl and stir in enough water to make stiff, tortilla-like dough.
- When chicken mixture has cooled, mix in cheese.
- Divide dough into 24 portions. With your hands, roll dough into balls and flatten each into 1/2-inch thick circle. Put spoonful of chicken mixture in middle of each circle of dough and bring edges to center. Flatten ball of dough again until it is 1/2-inch thick.
- In very hot iron skillet, cook pupusas on each side until golden brown. Serve hot.
|Serving Size||2 pupusas|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea