|Mashed ripe bananas||1 cup|
|Low-fat buttermilk||1/3 cup|
|Packed brown sugar||½ cup|
|All-purpose flour, sifted||2 cups|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Baking soda||½ teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans||½ cup|
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly oil two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Stir together mashed bananas and buttermilk; set aside.
- Cream brown sugar and margarine together until light. Beat in egg. Add banana mixture; beat well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add all at once to liquid ingredients. Stir until well blended.
- Stir in nuts and turn into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan.
- Remove from pan and complete cooling on a wire rack before slicing.
|Serving Size||½ in slice|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea