|Mashed ripe bananas||1 cup|
|Low-fat buttermilk||1/3 cup|
|Packed brown sugar||½ cup|
|All-purpose flour, sifted||2 cups|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Baking soda||½ teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans||½ cup|
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly oil two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Stir together mashed bananas and buttermilk; set aside.
- Cream brown sugar and margarine together until light. Beat in egg. Add banana mixture; beat well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add all at once to liquid ingredients. Stir until well blended.
- Stir in nuts and turn into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan.
- Remove from pan and complete cooling on a wire rack before slicing.
|Serving Size||½ in slice|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children