|Mashed ripe bananas||1 cup|
|Low-fat buttermilk||1/3 cup|
|Packed brown sugar||½ cup|
|All-purpose flour, sifted||2 cups|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Baking soda||½ teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans||½ cup|
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly oil two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Stir together mashed bananas and buttermilk; set aside.
- Cream brown sugar and margarine together until light. Beat in egg. Add banana mixture; beat well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add all at once to liquid ingredients. Stir until well blended.
- Stir in nuts and turn into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan.
- Remove from pan and complete cooling on a wire rack before slicing.
|Serving Size||½ in slice|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
A randomized trial found that drinking water before main meals led to higher weight loss than those who were asked to imagine a full stomach before main meals. Water preloading is believed to help create a feeling of fullness or satiety during the meal, which may help curb overeating.
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia