|Olive oil||1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 tablespoons|
|Dried thyme||1 teaspoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 teaspoons|
|Turkey breast tenderloin||¾ pound|
|Medium red bell pepper, sliced into strips||½|
|Medium orange bell pepper, sliced into strips||½|
|Medium zucchini, sliced on the diagonal||1|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|Fresh chives, chopped||2 tablespoons|
|Mixed greens||2 cups|
|Balsamic vinaigrette||4 teaspoons|
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, and mustard in a resealable plastic bag. Add turkey, toss to coat, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Prepare outdoor grill or indoor grill pan.
- Brush bell pepper and zucchini with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side. Season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Remove turkey from bag and grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Slice into strips.
- Divide mixed greens onto 2 plates. Top with grilled veggies, turkey, and chives. Drizzle each salad with 2 teaspoons balsamic vinaigrette.
5 very lean meats; 3 fats; 2 vegetables
Side Suggestions: Whole Wheat Baguette
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery