|Olive oil||1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 tablespoons|
|Dried thyme||1 teaspoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 teaspoons|
|Turkey breast tenderloin||¾ pound|
|Medium red bell pepper, sliced into strips||½|
|Medium orange bell pepper, sliced into strips||½|
|Medium zucchini, sliced on the diagonal||1|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|Fresh chives, chopped||2 tablespoons|
|Mixed greens||2 cups|
|Balsamic vinaigrette||4 teaspoons|
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, and mustard in a resealable plastic bag. Add turkey, toss to coat, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Prepare outdoor grill or indoor grill pan.
- Brush bell pepper and zucchini with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side. Season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Remove turkey from bag and grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Slice into strips.
- Divide mixed greens onto 2 plates. Top with grilled veggies, turkey, and chives. Drizzle each salad with 2 teaspoons balsamic vinaigrette.
5 very lean meats; 3 fats; 2 vegetables
Side Suggestions: Whole Wheat Baguette
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children