Ingredients and Preparation
|Extra-firm tofu||12 ounces|
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Yellow onion, chopped||½ cup|
|Garlic clove, minced||1|
|Reduced-sodium vegetable stock (plus more as needed)||2 ½ cups|
|Butternut squash, peeled and cubed||2 cups|
|Dried cranberries||¼ cup|
|Hazelnuts, roughly chopped and toasted||¼ cup|
|Parsley, chopped||¼ cup|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
- Press water from tofu by wrapping it between several layers of paper towels and then placing it between 2 dinner plates. Let sit for 15 minutes and then cut into cubes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, scallions, garlic, and bulgur. Sauté for 8-10 minutes, until onions are tender.
- Stir in stock; bring to a boil and then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in tofu, squash, and cranberries and cook for another 15-20 minutes, until squash is tender, adding more stock as necessary.
- Stir in nuts and parsley. Season with freshly ground pepper.
2 starches; 2 medium-fat meat substitutes; 1 vegetable
Side Suggestions: Mixed Green Salad
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|
Current Research From Top Journals