|Extra-firm tofu||12 ounces|
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Yellow onion, chopped||½ cup|
|Garlic clove, minced||1|
|Reduced-sodium vegetable stock (plus more as needed)||2 ½ cups|
|Butternut squash, peeled and cubed||2 cups|
|Dried cranberries||¼ cup|
|Hazelnuts, roughly chopped and toasted||¼ cup|
|Parsley, chopped||¼ cup|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
- Press water from tofu by wrapping it between several layers of paper towels and then placing it between 2 dinner plates. Let sit for 15 minutes and then cut into cubes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, scallions, garlic, and bulgur. Sauté for 8-10 minutes, until onions are tender.
- Stir in stock; bring to a boil and then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in tofu, squash, and cranberries and cook for another 15-20 minutes, until squash is tender, adding more stock as necessary.
- Stir in nuts and parsley. Season with freshly ground pepper.
2 starches; 2 medium-fat meat substitutes; 1 vegetable
Side Suggestions: Mixed Green Salad
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children