|Extra-firm tofu||12 ounces|
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Yellow onion, chopped||½ cup|
|Garlic clove, minced||1|
|Reduced-sodium vegetable stock (plus more as needed)||2 ½ cups|
|Butternut squash, peeled and cubed||2 cups|
|Dried cranberries||¼ cup|
|Hazelnuts, roughly chopped and toasted||¼ cup|
|Parsley, chopped||¼ cup|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
- Press water from tofu by wrapping it between several layers of paper towels and then placing it between 2 dinner plates. Let sit for 15 minutes and then cut into cubes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, scallions, garlic, and bulgur. Sauté for 8-10 minutes, until onions are tender.
- Stir in stock; bring to a boil and then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in tofu, squash, and cranberries and cook for another 15-20 minutes, until squash is tender, adding more stock as necessary.
- Stir in nuts and parsley. Season with freshly ground pepper.
2 starches; 2 medium-fat meat substitutes; 1 vegetable
Side Suggestions: Mixed Green Salad
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea