|Extra-firm tofu||12 ounces|
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Yellow onion, chopped||½ cup|
|Garlic clove, minced||1|
|Reduced-sodium vegetable stock (plus more as needed)||2 ½ cups|
|Butternut squash, peeled and cubed||2 cups|
|Dried cranberries||¼ cup|
|Hazelnuts, roughly chopped and toasted||¼ cup|
|Parsley, chopped||¼ cup|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
- Press water from tofu by wrapping it between several layers of paper towels and then placing it between 2 dinner plates. Let sit for 15 minutes and then cut into cubes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, scallions, garlic, and bulgur. Sauté for 8-10 minutes, until onions are tender.
- Stir in stock; bring to a boil and then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in tofu, squash, and cranberries and cook for another 15-20 minutes, until squash is tender, adding more stock as necessary.
- Stir in nuts and parsley. Season with freshly ground pepper.
2 starches; 2 medium-fat meat substitutes; 1 vegetable
Side Suggestions: Mixed Green Salad
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery