|Potato flour (can substitute corn starch)||1 tablespoon|
|Canola oil||½ + 2 teaspoons|
|Yellow onion, grated||2 tablespoons|
|85% lean ground beef||1 pound|
|White pepper (can substitute black pepper)||1/8 teaspoon|
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, potato flour, and water. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat ½ teaspoon canola oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until golden, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and salt to the oat mixture and stir to combine. Then add in the egg, pepper, and sautéed onions and use a wooden spoon or your hands to mix until well-combined.
- Wet hands and form meat mixture into small balls, making sure that they are all about the same size. (Recipe should make anywhere from 30-40 meatballs, depending on size). Place meatballs on a wet cutting board.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons of canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add about 1/3 to ½ of the meatballs. Shake the pan so that they cook evenly while retaining round shape. Once browned on all sides, reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes, until cooked through. Repeat with remaining meatballs.
3 medium-fat meats; 2 fats
Side Suggestions: Boiled Potatoes, Lingonberry Jam, Tossed Salad
|Saturated Fat||7.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.5 g|
Insomnia can make your days miserable and a cure can be hard to find. There are some medications but there is some worry with side effects and the potential for addiction. Music is side effect free and according to this study may help you find sleep.
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Water Before Meals May Promote Weight Loss
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission