|Dried sun-dried tomatoes, sliced (use scissors to cut into small strips)||¼ cup|
|Whole wheat penne (or other pasta)||4 ounces|
|Hot Italian turkey sausage, casings removed||½ pound|
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Garlic cloves, thinly sliced||2|
|Reduced sodium chicken stock||½ cup|
|Swiss chard (about ½ pound), washed and stems removed||1 bunch|
|Parmesan cheese, grated||2 tablespoons|
- Steam sun-dried tomatoes in a small amount of boiling water for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Cook pasta
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook for 5 minutes, breaking it apart with a fork as it cooks, until evenly browned. Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add chicken broth to the skillet. Stir around, scraping any brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Add the Swiss chard, cover and cook for another 2 minutes, until Swiss chard is tender.
- Reduce heat to low and add in sun-dried tomatoes and drained pasta. Stir to combine. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
3 lean meats; 1 fat; 1 vegetable; 3.5 starches
Side Suggestions: Roasted Butternut Squash
Preheat oven to 400˚F. Cut a butternut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Place cut-side down on a well-oiled baking sheet. Roast for 30-40 minutes, until tender when pierced with a fork.
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8.5 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery