|Low-sodium soy sauce||2 tablespoons|
|Juice of ½ lemon|
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Fresh basil, chopped||1 + 1 tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Sea scallops||½ pound|
|Broccoli florets||1 cup|
|Sugar snap peas, trimmed||½ cup|
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, and basil.
- Heat olive oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops and stir-fry for about 3 minutes, until cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Add broccoli to the wok and stir-fry for about 2 minutes. Add sugar snap peas and stir-fry for another minute.
- Add lemon-basil sauce to the wok and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add scallops back in. Cook for another minute.
- Garnish with remaining basil and serve.
3 very lean meats; 1 fat; 1.5 vegetables; 0.5 starches
Side Suggestions: Brown Rice
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.5 g|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children