|Low-sodium soy sauce||2 tablespoons|
|Juice of ½ lemon|
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Fresh basil, chopped||1 + 1 tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Sea scallops||½ pound|
|Broccoli florets||1 cup|
|Sugar snap peas, trimmed||½ cup|
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, and basil.
- Heat olive oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops and stir-fry for about 3 minutes, until cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Add broccoli to the wok and stir-fry for about 2 minutes. Add sugar snap peas and stir-fry for another minute.
- Add lemon-basil sauce to the wok and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add scallops back in. Cook for another minute.
- Garnish with remaining basil and serve.
3 very lean meats; 1 fat; 1.5 vegetables; 0.5 starches
Side Suggestions: Brown Rice
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.5 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery