|Boneless, skinless chicken breasts||2 (5-ounce)|
|Dash of freshly ground pepper|
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Marsala wine||¼ cup|
|Chicken stock||¼ cup|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 teaspoons|
|Mushrooms, sliced||½ cup|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||1 tablespoon|
- Pound chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap until ¼ inch thick.
- Combine salt, pepper, and flour on a shallow plate. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and turn to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add wine and stir. Then add stock, lemon juice, and mushrooms. Stir to combine and cook for about 6-8 minutes, until sauce is partially reduced.
- Add chicken back into the skillet and spoon over sauce. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Place chicken onto plates, spoon over sauce, and top with parsley.
4 very lean meats; 0.5 starches; 1 fat; 0.5 vegetables
Side Suggestions: Angel Hair Pasta
Cook according to package directions, omitting salt and oil. Toss with olive oil and parsley. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste.
Side Suggestions: Broccoli
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.5 g|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children