|Boneless, skinless chicken breasts||2 (5-ounce)|
|Dash of freshly ground pepper|
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Marsala wine||¼ cup|
|Chicken stock||¼ cup|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 teaspoons|
|Mushrooms, sliced||½ cup|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||1 tablespoon|
- Pound chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap until ¼ inch thick.
- Combine salt, pepper, and flour on a shallow plate. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and turn to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add wine and stir. Then add stock, lemon juice, and mushrooms. Stir to combine and cook for about 6-8 minutes, until sauce is partially reduced.
- Add chicken back into the skillet and spoon over sauce. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Place chicken onto plates, spoon over sauce, and top with parsley.
4 very lean meats; 0.5 starches; 1 fat; 0.5 vegetables
Side Suggestions: Angel Hair Pasta
Cook according to package directions, omitting salt and oil. Toss with olive oil and parsley. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste.
Side Suggestions: Broccoli
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.5 g|
A meta-analysis found that mothers participating in a prenatal exercise group were less likely to have a large newborn, less likely to need a cesarean section, and no more likely to have a low birthweight baby than those who did not exercise. The study supports proper prenatal care advice which advocates for mothers to exercise during pregnancy if allowed by the physician.
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children