|Boneless, skinless chicken breasts||2 (5-ounce)|
|Dash of freshly ground pepper|
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Marsala wine||¼ cup|
|Chicken stock||¼ cup|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 teaspoons|
|Mushrooms, sliced||½ cup|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||1 tablespoon|
- Pound chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap until ¼ inch thick.
- Combine salt, pepper, and flour on a shallow plate. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and turn to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add wine and stir. Then add stock, lemon juice, and mushrooms. Stir to combine and cook for about 6-8 minutes, until sauce is partially reduced.
- Add chicken back into the skillet and spoon over sauce. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Place chicken onto plates, spoon over sauce, and top with parsley.
4 very lean meats; 0.5 starches; 1 fat; 0.5 vegetables
Side Suggestions: Angel Hair Pasta
Cook according to package directions, omitting salt and oil. Toss with olive oil and parsley. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste.
Side Suggestions: Broccoli
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.5 g|
Health and medical shows are some of the most popular talk shows on television. The hosts, highlighted as experts, offer a plethora of information but this study has found that almost half of those recommendations have little research support.
Strength Training, Tai Chi, and Aerobics May Improve Balance in People With Knee Osteoarthritis
Exercise During Pregnancy May Decrease the Risk of Cesarean Birth
Maternal Caffeine Intake May Be Associated with Low Birth Weight