|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Small yellow onion, sliced||1|
|Garlic, minced||1 clove|
|Red bell pepper, cut into strips||1|
|Chicken breast, cut into strips||½ pound|
|Ground cumin||1 tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 tablespoon|
|Lime juice||2 tablespoons|
|Whole-wheat fajita-style tortillas||4|
|Light sour cream||2 tablespoons|
|Cheese, to serve||¼ cup|
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add onion, pepper, and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly tender.
- Add chicken and cook 2-3 minutes, or until browned on all sides.
- Add cumin, chili powder, and lime juice, and continue cooking for an additional 4-5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Place tortillas between damp paper towels and heat in microwave 1-1 ½ minutes, or until warm.
- Divide vegetable and chicken mixture between tortillas and garnish with salsa, sour cream, cheese, and guacamole (optional—see below).
3 starches; 3 very lean meats; 3 fats; 1.5 vegetables
Side Suggestions: Fresh Guacamole
Slice 1 ripe avocado in half and scoop insides into small mixing bowl. Mash to desired consistence and add 1 tablespoon chopped red onion, 1 tablespoon seeded chopped tomato, ½ tablespoon fresh lime juice, ½-1 teaspoon minced jalapeno, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Stir together. Nutrition Info (for ½ recipe): 165 calories; 8 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 15 g fat (2 g sat); 5 g fiber; 311 mg sodium. Exchanges: 1.5 vegetables; 3 fats.
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea