Symptoms of Cervical Cancer
|Copyright © Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.|
- Abnormal bleeding—This is the most common symptom. It may include:
- Bleeding between your regular menstrual periods
- Menstrual bleeding that is heavier or lasts longer than usual
- Bleeding after sexual intercourse
- Bleeding after douching
- Bleeding after a pelvic exam
- Bleeding after menopause
- Increased vaginal discharge
- Pain during sexual intercourse or in the lower pelvic region
- Back pain
American Cancer Societywebsite. Available at: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/home/index.asp.
National Cancer Institutewebsite. Available at: http://www.cancer.gov. Accessed January 3, 2014.
National Women’s Health Information Centerwebsite. Available at: http://www.womenshealth.gov.
- Reviewer: Mohei Abouzied, MD, FACP
- Review Date: 12/2014
- Update Date: 12/20/2014