Click for a list of boards that need hosts
If you meet these requirements, click here for the application form!
- You should be enthusiastic about the topic of the board you want to host! You will be encouraging people to talk about your topic, so it helps if you like to talk about it.
- You should have been an active member of Beliefnet for at least a month. You should have participated in several conversations on Beliefnet message boards.
- You must be willing to be hospitable and courteous to every member of Beliefnet at all times.
- You must be willing to agree to the Beliefnet Community Hosts Covenant (see below).
- You must be at least 18 years old.
Below is the Beliefnet Hosts Covenant. Please read it carefully. If you are selected as a Host, you will be asked to agree to this covenant.
Beliefnet Community Hosts Covenant:
- I agree that my mission as a Host is to nurture the health and continued growth of my community on Beliefnet. In pursuit of this mission I will, to the best of my ability, uphold and enforce the Beliefnet Rules of Conduct with fairness and impartiality.
- As a Beliefnet Host, I will support the Beliefnet Statement of Principles, help people meet their own religious, spiritual and moral needs, and be respectful of the wide range of religions and spiritual approaches, accepting the rights of others to follow freely their own religious beliefs, even if they seem false to me.
- I agree that unless otherwise noted, communication between Beliefnet staff and Hosts is confidential, and I agree to protect that confidentiality. I will not share any confidential communication or information with others without the prior consent of the Beliefnet Community Producer. Confidential information may include, but is not limited to, passwords, URLs, instructions, policies, e-mail from staff and/or other Hosts, and/or information relating to the operation of message board tools.
- I will take no action that would damage the work or reputation of another Beliefnet Host, another community on Beliefnet, the Beliefnet website, or the value or reputation of Beliefnet, Inc.
- I understand that if I do not abide by this covenant, Beliefnet has the right to terminate my standing as a Host and remove my access to Hosts tools and communications.