Beliefnet is the leading website covering faith, spirituality, and religion in the news and contemporary culture. Evolution, creationism, and intelligent design are hotly debated topics in America today. Beliefnet's coverage of the evolution debates includes:
- Definitions of human evolution, creationism, and intelligent design by proponents and opponents of each.
- Debates about teaching intelligent design and evolution in public schools.
- Articles, book excerpts, and more by scientists and thinkers like Kenneth Miller, Michael Behe, William Dembski, Richard Dawkins, Michael Ruse, Philip Johnson, Lee Strobel, Albert Mohler, Gregg Easterbrook, and Stephen J. Gould.
- Discussions about the Bible's book of Genesis and ways to understand it,
- Christian views of the theory of evolution, Darwinism, creation science, natural selection, and intelligent design,
- Other religious views of evolution, the origins of life, and intelligent design,
- Religious responses to the ideas found in Charles Darwin's "The Origin of Species."
- Discussion of scientific topics like missing links, punctuated equilibrium, and fossil evidence.
Please choose a topic below to explore more of Beliefnet's Evolution coverage.
RELIGIOUS VIEWS OF EVOLUTION
Are Christian values compatible with Darwinism? A Catholic leader sets out his views on evolution and intelligent design.
In the 2005 Dover, Pa. school case, A parent and teacher tells the court that he's no atheist, but neither does he want his child taught intelligent design theory. By Brian Rehm
A Muslim physician and creationist explains his view of the relationship between faith and science.
Read our FAQ
Take the quiz to test your ID IQ.
Is Intelligent Design Good Science?
Yes, says William A. Dembski
No, says Michael Ruse
Random, undirected evolution is incompatible with Christianity, says Lee Strobel.
Interview with Richard Dawkins: The renowned biologist talks about evolution, intelligent design, and why God is no better than an imaginary friend.
EVOLUTION IN HISTORY
What really happened at the famous Scopes Monkey Trial? Find out what you may not know about the 1925 trial.
Debate creation science, intelligent design, and evolution on our discussion boards.