It’s not uncommon for people to feel overwhelmed when it comes to money. Sometimes people come to see me simply because they need help making a big financial decision.
When we feel overwhelmed, we can become impulsive and make unwise decisions. Knowing this, I always encourage my clients to call me before they sign on the dotted line, which can save them a lot of money or worse yet, feeling badly about themselves for their financial choices.
Since we aren’t properly taught about how to make wise financial choices, it can be challenging to know what is right for us. To help people, I came up with this little formula to help people make wise financial decisions. Try following these steps next time you have a financial decision to make:
1. Ask yourself – do I really need it or just want it?
2. If you really need it vs. want it – begin to evaluate your options.
3. If you just want it, ask yourself if the purchase will create any unnecessary stress or consequences in your life. If not and you can afford it…go to the next step.
4. Determine what you can afford and stick to your budget.
5. Do some research on the product or service online.
6. Compare options and pricing.
7. If you’re torn between two choices, make a list of the pros & cons of each ( the longest pro list wins.)
8. If the choices are close, choose the one you like best.
9. If you feel uncertain or confused, ask for help.
10. Don’t let anyone pressure you into a decision before you’re ready and feel confident in your choice.
If you do this process regularly, it will slow down your decision-making process considerably which will allow you to make clearer, more informed financial choices.
As we begin to make better choices around money, not only do we increase our self-esteem, but also we begin to trust ourselves more and open up our capacity for receiving even greater abundance and prosperity.
Speaking of prosperity, have you visited my Gallery on How to Pray for Prosperity?
Check it out!
Peace & Blessings!