Today’s Money Coaching Blog is for Marilyn who wrote in response my blog, Hold Onto Your Dreams. Here’s Marilyn’s comment:
“I work at this job that is very stressful and
my dream is opening up a bakery in my town when I bake it seems to
relax me. I’m not giving up, I’m praying about it and maybe one day my
dream will come true. Pray for me that one day it will come true. God
Bless You Marilyn.”
Although it may seem
hard to imagine, perhaps your dream is more possible to achieve than
you think. For example, have you seen any of the new “Cupcake
Bakeries” that are popping up all over the place? They are tiny little
storefronts that specialize in the most mouth-watering cupcakes on the
planet (my daughter and I are big fans!) Perhaps you could start one
those in your area? It wouldn’t take much money to open one and at
$3.00 a piece, you could be profitable in no time! It’s a great
If you’re not quite ready for your own bakery,
another option would be to contact all the bakeries in your area and
see if they are hiring. Or, perhaps you could work as a pastry chef in
a restaurant. This could provide you with firsthand experience and
allow you to practice doing something you love until you’re ready to do
it on your own.
While I’m not suggesting you quit your job,
isn’t time you allowed yourself to explore other options and
possibilities to living your dream?
Here are the key ingredients to begin fulfilling your dream:
Explore Your Options – If you have a dream, you owe it to yourself to
at least find out what it would take to make your dream happen. Do some
research, talk to others, begin making a list of what it would take to
create your dream.
2. Create a Dream Manifestation Collage that visually outlines the dream you hold in both words and images. Cut out pictures from magazines and/or draw your own pictures. Make sure there are pictures of yourself in the collage. Get as detailed as possible. You can even create a business name and reserve a web domain for $10 if you’d like.
3. Create a Prayer of Intention – This prayer should include all that you would like to manifest as part of your dream. Be specific. Work this prayer into your daily spiritual practice.
4. Create a Dream Team Board of Advisors – Ideally, your Dream Team would have two to four people who can offer you advice, encouragement and moral support while you’re building your dream.
5. Daily Right Action – Spend at least one hour a day doing something to create your dream. Dreams don’t happen unless we are committed to putting our time, energy and resources into
making them come true. This is no time to be watching TV!
6. Add Faith, Courage and Determination and you are on your way!
Here’s a poem by Rumi to inspire you today.
Today, like every other day,
we wake up empty and frightened.
Don’t open the door to the study and begin reading.
Take down a musical instrument.
Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.
Jelaluddin Rumi – 13th Century