jobs who are worried about finances and their future job prospects.
Being unemployed can be very scary and challenging, personally and
financially. It’s a time that requires a great deal of faith and
fortitude. Here’s a list of tips that I recommend for all of our readers
who have experienced a job loss.
- Avoid negativity – Take a break from negative news and media. Even
though the job market is tight, many companies are still hiring.
- Reconnect with family, friends and former business associates, they may
know of possible opportunities.
- Re-visit your skills, talents and abilities. Perhaps you have skills
you’ve forgotten or that can be applied in a different way or field than
you thought possible.
- Pay attention to how you are spending your time–it’s your most valuable
asset! Be proactive in your job search everyday.
- Get support if you need it – you don’t have to go it alone!
- Create consistent self-care habits that will help you to stay healthy
and positive. Eat well, exercise, take walks, pray, meditate, get plenty
of sleep and avoid excess caffeine and alcohol.
- Stay connected to others, be in community. Connect with others on
Beliefnet who are also going through tough times and can offer you
- Keep your eyes and ears open – opportunities can present themselves in
unexpected ways and places.
- Don’t isolate yourself – get out of the house everyday and explore the
job options in your own community.
- Pray for God’s guidance and support to help you find your perfect job.
- Visit our Beliefnet gallery of Prayers for Jobs and Money.
Here’s a prayer for Employment:
Heavenly father, please sustain my spirit as I search for new and meaningful work. You have blessed me with a healthy body and a keen mind for which I am grateful. I ask that you open my path as I seek employment that will allow me to support my family and myself while serving others and your divine purpose. In gratitude and grace, Amen.
– Rev. Victor Fuhrman