Here is a list of the top 10 Israeli wines of 2009. I cannot speak for all of them — some are not certified Kosher and others are a bit beyond my definition of fiscal propriety, but the ones which I know, are really outstanding.
I know that champaign is traditional for New Year’s Eve, and that not all people even celebrate the event. But in the spirit of the upcoming turn in the year, this list offers a way of celebrating our connections to multiple cultures and places all in a single glass. Enjoy!
By the way, the ‘k’ at the end of each wine listed signifies that it is produced under the supervision of the Israeli rabbinate. The last entry, the one from Dalton is, I think, also so produced under such supervision.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Windows & DoorsAuthor, radio and TV talk show host, and President of CLAL-The National Jewish Center for Learning and Leadership, Brad Hirschfield is the author of You Don’t Have To Be Wrong For Me To Be Right: Finding Faith Without Fanaticism. Listed as one of the nation’s 50 most influential rabbis in Newsweek, and a regular commentator on Court TV, he is the creator of the popular series, Building Bridges, airing on Bridges TV, and the co-host of the weekly radio show, Hirschfield and Kula.
More About Brad
- More blogs to enjoy!
- Apple’s “Jew or Not Jew” App — Should It Be Legal?
- Is God A Christian?
- Remembering 9/11 – Part One
- Gilad Shalit, Still A Prisoner After 1,900 Days
- Is Realty TV Really Kosher? The Ethics Of Realty TV
- Hard Core Atheist Secularists and Their Religious Counterparts Become Increasingly Alike
- Litigating God
- Elul: I Am My Beloved’s and My Beloved Is Mine
- How Rabbis Dress, Then and Now
Blogs Worth Reading