Windows and Doors

Windows and Doors

Obama Congratulates Israel on 61st, Do You?

posted by Brad Hirschfield

President Obama made the following remarks, congratulating Israel on 61 years of independance:

“On behalf of the people of the United States, President Obama congratulates the people and government of Israel on the 61st anniversary of Israel’s independence,” said the statement issued Tuesday by the White House. “The United States was the first country to recognize Israel in 1948, minutes after its declaration of independence, and the deep bonds of friendship between the U.S. and Israel remain as strong and unshakable as ever.
“The President looks forward to working with Israel to advance our common interests, including the realization of a comprehensive peace in the Middle East, ensuring Israel’s security, and strengthening the bilateral relationship over the months and years to come.”

Those words relfect not only the President’s good wishes, but his vision for the future of Israel and it’s relationship to the United States. Do you share his vision? What do you wish for Israel? What ought the US-Israel relationship look like, according to you?

kingskidd

posted April 29, 2009 at 12:17 pm

Those words expressed by the president sound good to me. But I worry that his words won’t match up to what I fear he really wants to do. And that is continuing the Bush administrations so called peace plan for the middle east. You know giving more land to the Palestinians to appease them. I’m sure that will work. Then they’ll have even a smaller country to lauch missles at.

DML

posted April 29, 2009 at 1:39 pm

Obama’s quote, “The President looks forward to working with Israel to advance our common interests, including the realization of a comprehensive peace in the Middle East, ensuring Israel’s security, and strengthening the bilateral relationship over the months and years to come” encapsulates my desires for Israel rather well. Comprehensive peace would be nice.
I don’t like the tone of the other two comments, these are the attitudes that will decrease security and prop up this endless war. An Israel not absconded in a fog of war is what I would like to see.

Your Name

posted April 30, 2009 at 10:42 am

I like the comment of DML-that is one best way to protect Israel and
of course all people of Israel.President Obama,i suggest that He needs
to concentrate first meeting Israel’s concerns or make agreements and
arrangement with Israel and gather ideas concerning peace talk to
the middle east.We all love Israel,we want only the best for this
nation,so first things first and that is to settle Israel’s concerns.

Unknownnetworker

posted April 30, 2009 at 11:24 am

Beware the words of Obama he speaks with forked tongue!

Kara Strutz

posted April 30, 2009 at 4:28 pm

Sadly while his words sound nice I am in direct opposition to the majority of what he stands for.
I being Jewish do have hope and belief for Israel and congratulate our people on this most wonderful anniversary, to that end Mazel Tov. Sadly there are so many things I see this man who I cannot call president doing against Israel that I am sure this particular message really didn’t come from him at all and is just a bunch political speech that means nothing to him at all.

Abbie Kenyon

posted April 30, 2009 at 6:25 pm

Congratulations to Israel on your 61st anniversary of Independence.
We all need to pray for the peace of Jerusalem/Yerushalyim.

Brother K

posted May 1, 2009 at 12:27 am

President Barak Obama was not elected by the people, but by someone who is greater than all of us. If President Barak Obama has done something wrong we should all pray for him. If President Barak Obama did something good we should, all, thank the one that is greater then us. Truly we have all forgotten how to pray, which is more powerful than all the weapons in the world. Good luck in your choice, Brother K.

Your Name

posted May 1, 2009 at 4:59 pm

The people and governments of Israel should be congratulated on achieving this anniversary in face of monumental obsticles. They are a most ancient young-state and I am often amazed to be older than this current stage of an ever evolving entity. More than any other aspect I feel the country should be congratulated on its constant efforts to analyze and act in an ethical and moral manner.

EVE CHASE

posted May 1, 2009 at 5:00 pm

The post under Your Name on May 1 at 4:59 is mine.

Bettie Fincher

posted May 1, 2009 at 8:43 pm

I am not Jewish, but I know that according to Psalm 122: 6-7 of King David, that we are to pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee. Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces. I am excited what God is doing, and I praise him for what he said in the Old Covenant through the Prophets concerning Israel, and he brought it to past in 1948 and indicated to the World that I am God. God has wrought numerous miracles on behalf of Israel, but there will be some difficult days ahead for Israel, it has been prophesied and will come to past, but God will deliver them. Please read the Major and Minor Prophets in the Old Covenant. God ordained President Obama to be president of the United States of America. We are commanded to pray for leaders that they make righteous decisions. I pray that our nation always stand with Israel, for we will be bless and not curse, if we do what God told Father Abraham. No man knows the heart of man except God.

Reba Grider

posted May 2, 2009 at 10:55 am

Congratulations on surviving for 61 years in the midst of enemies. May the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob bless Israel from now to eternity and accomplish every purpose He has set forth for her in His Word! Much Love and prayers, A Friend of Israel

Elmer

posted May 2, 2009 at 7:21 pm

Everyone that calls themselves a believer whether they be Jewish or Christian should congratulate Israel on it’s 61st anniversary. If it wasn’t for G-d creating the nation of Israel from the loins of our Father Abraham there would be no bible for us to show us the way of salvation. As we as Jews that are looking for a Messiah to come, the Torah speaks of him, for those that call themselves christians and look to Jesus (Yeshua) his true Hebrew name the Scriptures speak of him. In a nutshell without Israel there would be no Messiah.

More blogs to enjoy!
Thank you for visiting Windows and Doors. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here are some other blogs you may also enjoy: Truths You Can Use Most Recent Inspiration blog post Happy Reading!

posted 1:28:03pm Aug. 02, 2012 | read full post »

Apple's "Jew or Not Jew" App -- Should It Be Legal?
An Apple application that let users guess which French politicians or celebrities are Jewish was pulled from France's App Store. but its American equivalent is still available. French activist groups said the "Jew or Not Jew?" app violated bans on compiling information on people's religion and rev

posted 1:18:48am Sep. 18, 2011 | read full post »

Is God A Christian?
R. Kirby Godsey’s new book, Is God A Christian?, challenges what the author describes as the commonly held belief among many religious people that the God in whom they believe is “one of them”.  People, Mr. Kirby observes, too often confuse God’s religious identity with their own, leading t

posted 11:59:56am Sep. 12, 2011 | read full post »

Remembering 9/11 - Part One
The tenth anniversary of 9/11 brings up many emotions and presents some very real challenges, among them how to remember the past without being imprisoned by it.  This video, filmed at St. Paul's, the church closest to the World Trade Center site, is a wonderful example of rising to that challen

posted 2:40:58pm Sep. 08, 2011 | read full post »

Gilad Shalit, Still A Prisoner After 1,900 Days
Below is a copy of the Statement I got from the White House, and while I appreciate the words, I can't help but also ask, "Is this the best we can do?"  United States Mission to the United Nations Office of Press and Public Diplomacy 799 United Nations Plaza New York, NY 10017 (212) 41

posted 9:04:17am Sep. 08, 2011 | read full post »