This past weekend was my ferrets 7th birthday. In honor of that, here are some ways pets make our lives better.
1) Pets give unconditional love and loyalty. The wonderful thing about animals is that they see beyond any faults and offer affection.
2) Pets help you practice patience. Training and cleaning up after your pet teaches us to slow down and accept things for what they are.
3) Pets teach you compassion. By caring for something other than ourselves an act of service is committed. Caring for an aging or rescued animal requires compassion and understanding.
4) Pets show you how to trust. Your pet trusts you to keep them safe and fed.
5) Pets help you enjoy the little things. Their excitement and zest for life teaches us to enjoy ever moment.
More on pets: