Excerpt: There is cause for great alarm in this Executive Order because it is unnecessary except to establish how new government agencies should coordinate defense preparedness under the 1950 DPA. This president, however, appears to have subtly expanded the depth of powers where every aspect of life, liberty, property and human sustenance are subservient to the federal government. If exercised in an authoritative manner, it appears that the White House could flip the switch from a free society to totalitarianism, using the homeland radicalization as a minimal justification. Every aspect of the Constitutional Bill of Rights could be suspended if this Executive Order is allowed to stand. . . . Read more about the grave concerns expressed in The Daily Brief.
|The Daily Brief|
P.O. Box 5152
Monday, March 19, 2012
1. President Obama signs Executive Order allowing for control over all US resources – The ExaminerOn March 16th, President Obama signed a new Executive Order which expands upon a prior order issued in 1950 for Disaster Preparedness, and gives the office of the President complete control over all the resources in the United States in times of war or emergency.
The National Defense Resources Preparedness order gives the Executive Branch the power to control and allocate energy, production, transportation, food, and even water resources by decree under the auspices of national defense and national security. The order is not limited to wartime implementation, as one of the order’s functions includes the command and control of resources in peacetime determinations. (The Examiner) Read more.
– Father God, we cry out to You for help in the face of wickedness in high places that aims to take away the freedoms our forefathers fought for. Lord, please protect us from such evil plans as this and turn this situation around. Father, we repent for having elected people who would do this and ask that You would turn this battle at the gate.
– “And for a spirit of judgment to him that sitteth in judgment and for strength to them that turn the battle to the gate.” (Isaiah 28:6)
PLEASE NOTE THE ARTICLES, BELOW, GIVING MORE DETAILS ON THIS DANGEROUS TURN OF EVENTS, AND PRAYERS AND DECREES TO PROCLAIM FROM HIS THRONE AGAINST THE WORK OF WICKEDNESS IN OUR LAND.
House Republican Policy Committee Chairman Tom Price, M.D. (R-GA) issued the following statement regarding the Congressional Budget Office’s (CBO) updated cost estimate of the president’s health care law. The new CBO projection estimates that the law will cost $1.76 trillion over 10 years – well above the $940 billion Democrats originally claimed.
– Heavenly Father, we thank You that these figures have been noticed by those in a position to bring attention to them and hopefully make a change in this awful law. Lord, stir up our lawmakers to start legislating against this unconstitutional tyranny. We ask that You would move mightily to roll back this socialistic law. Thank You for Your mercy on our country.
– “And they will deceive every one his neighbour, and will not speak the truth: they have taught their tongue to speak lies, and weary themselves to commit iniquity.” (Jeremiah 9:5)
A leading anti-abortion lawmaker slammed the Obama administration this week after it issued regulations that provide for a so-called “abortion surcharge” in health care plans.
– Holy God! This mandated tax for the purpose of taking the lives of the unborn is an abomination in Your sight and in ours. Holy God, how can we ever ask You to forgive us for our wicked ways, except to know of Your own heart of mercy and forgiveness. Abba Father, please forgive us and draw us back to you. Holy God, in Your name, amen.
– “Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and you will delight in the richest of fare.” (Isaiah 55:2)
House Republicans will roll out a fiscal 2013 budget on Tuesday that will slash tax rates for both corporations and individuals, setting a marker for future negotiations with Democrats on taxes and other fiscal matters.
The plan from House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) would collapse the current system of six tax brackets for individuals into two marginal rates: 10 percent and 25 percent, according to GOP aides. The proposal would also lower the top corporate tax rate to 25 percent, and scrap the Alternative Minimum Tax.
– Continue to pray, day by day and step by step, as each phase of the budget process unfolds before our eyes this year. Lift up Speaker John Boehner, in particular, that his hands be strengthened in the battles he is facing on the Hill, to restore our nation back to a place of fiscal accountability. In Jesus’ Name, amen.
– “If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.” (Matthew 21:22)
The Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia has made some statements that have religious freedom critics bouncing between scratching their heads and curling up in horror. Sheikh Abdul Aziz al-Sheikh recently announced that it is “necessary to destroy all the churches of the region.” The “region” he was referring to, of course, is the Arabian Peninsula (including Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, United Arab Emirates and Oman).
– Oh, Lord, our hearts cry out for our brothers and sisters in the faith who are now under even more attack from an anti-Christian spirit. Lord, have mercy and hide Your dear ones from being discovered and destroyed. We speak out protection and favor for them and that You keep them from the evil one. Dear Lord, we ask that You would hold back the hand that would persecute them, in the name of Jesus, we pray.
– “We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.” (1 John 5:18)
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
“Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto Your name give glory, for Your mercy, and for Your truth’s sake. Why should the nations say, Where is their God? But our God is in the heavens. He has done whatever He has pleased.” (Psalm 115:1-3)
A series of simultaneous mass marches to Israel’s borders are being planned in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Judea and Samaria and the Gaza Strip on March 30, Israel Hayom has learned. The marches are being held under the Global March to Jerusalem campaign.
Since his return from Washington, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has mainly been preoccupied with one thing: Preparing public opinion for war against Iran.
Iran is funding some Hamas leaders in the Gaza Strip so that they can thwart efforts to achieve reconciliation with Fatah, Azzam al- Ahmed, a member of the Fatah central committee, said on Saturday.
Syria has been arming and training Hezbollah fighters in the use of advanced antiaircraft weapons in recent months, Israel Defense Forces sources have told Haaretz. A senior officer in the Northern Command says hundreds of fighters were taught to use surface-to-air missiles in Syria and Iran.
Monday, March 19, 2012
Authority for this action, according to the Executive Order, is derived from the Truman-era Defense Production Act of 1950 (DPA) which was passed by Congress to provide defense readiness in case of an attack on the nation or an emergency requiring defense mobilization. The DPA placed America’s civilian industry in a war-ready posture. Congress parked the DPA in what is called a “title 50’s appendix” where only laws of a temporary nature relating to national defense reside. Congress renewed the DPA as late as 2007, but it appears that this president may have reinstated titles that lapsed in 1953 providing power to requisition and condemn civilian property, stabilize wages and prices, and settle labor disputes.
There is cause for great alarm in this Executive Order because it is unnecessary except to establish how new government agencies should coordinate defense preparedness under the 1950 DPA. This president, however, appears to have subtly expanded the depth of powers where every aspect of life, liberty, property and human sustenance are subservient to the federal government. If exercised in an authoritative manner, it appears that the White House could flip the switch from a free society to totalitarianism, using the homeland radicalization as a minimal justification. Every aspect of the Constitutional Bill of Rights could be suspended if this Executive Order is allowed to stand.
Given the White House-directed 2009 Homeland Security assessment that conservative Christians are “right wing extremists”; that there have been requests for proposals on FEMA camp activations; that the Defense Authorization Act opened the door for American citizens to be held without due process; that the TSA is expanding its authority to include highway check points; that the government is conducting joint police-military door to door training in neighborhoods; that the Administration is supporting an internet “kill switch”; that this Administration has ignored Congressional objections in supporting Islamist takeovers of Middle Eastern nations; no imagination is needed to see what could be on the horizon.
So-called “experts” and “legal commentators” are trying to downplay concerns, saying the Executive Order is no different than that of Bill Clinton or George W Bush. This should not alter opinions because if one is wrong, they all are wrong. Americans are the first to do what is right to defend this nation. Only organizational planning is necessary to ensure that defense in an orderly and efficient manner. Executive Orders such as this are dictatorships in the making. Proverbs 29:2 says, “When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked bear rule, the people mourn.” In America, we the people have the authority to hold our government accountable. If we do not, it will be a time of mourning.
Read the Executive Order here (From the White House website)
Read history of the Defense Production Act of 1950 here.
Read another analysis provided by The Intel Hub.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
NOTE: In keeping with the original names, The Daily Jot uses YHVH as God and Yeshua Mashiach for Jesus.
FOOTNOTE FROM CHPP:
A bit of history. . . . During WWII, price stabilization didn’t begin until May of 1942, which froze prices on nearly all every day goods and rationing started in 1943. Why would the government want to control everything before a war? Here’s what some gas ration cards looked like during WWII in Chester, PA. Will there be rationing under this kind of system? What better way to control the movement and actions of the populace . . .
A Plan of Prayer
Part One: Regarding the president’s Executive Order (EO) itself:
— This EO gives the office of the President complete control over all the resources in the United States.
IT IS WRITTEN:
“The earth is the LORDS and the fullness thereof, and ALL who dwell therein.” (Psalm 24:1)
— This EO overrides Constitutional authority and claims dominion over all resources in the United States under the guise of national defense.
IT IS WRITTEN:
“The Lord brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; He makes the plans of the peoples of no effect. The counsel of the Lord stands forever, The plans of His heart to all generations.” (Psalm 33:10,11)
“All authority is given to Me in heaven and on earth.” (Matthew 18:28)
“A worthless person, a wicked man, Walks with a perverse mouth;
Our response is not fear – but the exact opposite – faith in God as we arise and align with His will in this hour, humbling ourselves before Him to take back this nation in His Name! (2 Chronicles 7:14)
As we, His church and His remnant Bride, humble ourselves before Him in repentance, we can thank Him for the Promise of His Word:
“Fear not, for I am with you;
By Gary Bauer
The administration’s anti-life attitude was on full display when HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius testified on Capitol Hill recently. When asked to justify the cost of the contraception mandate, Sebelius replied, “The reduction in the number of pregnancies compensates for the cost of contraception.” In other words, human life is a burden on the bottom line. With that kind of logic, death panels can’t be too far behind.
Sunday, March 25, 2012
2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
(Location To Be Announced)
President Obama has thrown down the gauntlet for a Mount Carmel-style Prayer Confrontation (Read 1 Kings 18:16-40)
Please contact your intercessors networks. Urge them to pray and fast. We need as many solid prayer warriors from the Washington region (and across the nation) to be with us next Sunday afternoon as possible. If you have a network with prayer warriors, please notify them.
Ask those in your network, wherever they are located, to be praying with us from now through Wednesday the 28th, but especially Sunday, March 25th thru Wednesday, March 28th. This will be the greatest prayer challenge of its kind in our lifetime.
1. Obamacare & the Supreme Court – This coming Friday March 23rd is the one year anniversary of the passage of Obamacare. Beginning next Monday: March 26th,, 27th,28th, The Supreme Court will hear arguments over the law and they promise a ruling by June. The President has called upon supporters of the Mandate (meaning individual mandate, the abortion mandate, the contraceptive mandate, the national mandate) to conduct coordinated prayer vigils and rallies outside the Court throughout the hearing period. Read more.
2. All or nothing – Legal experts believe Congress will do more harm than good by spending time making legislative adjustments to the law – nibbling around the edges – that such will only strengthen the law – and potentially lead the Supreme Court Justices to conclude that the law is OK and that Congress can fix it over time. This must not happen. The CBO just reported that Obamacare will cost twice as much as the President said it would and it will not save money as he promised. Read more.
3. The Grand Hoax – HHS has finally admitted what the President has denied repeatedly since the beginning – that abortion will be covered under Obamacare. You will remember Congressman Bart Stupak, who had the leadership of a small pack of conservative Democrats who had the power to kill the bill. The President promised him an executive order to guarantee that abortion would not be in the plan. Stupak bought the bait, and gave the president the votes he needed to pass. He’ll have to live with now. The President’s order was worth less than the paper it was printed on. Now, the plan forces Americans to pay an abortion premium as part of their insurance plans.
4. Each taxpayer forced to pay $1.00/month for abortion coverage!
“To comply with the accounting requirement, plans will collect a $1 abortion surcharge from each premium payer . . . The enrollee will make two payments, $1 per month for abortion and another payment for the rest of the services covered. As described in the rule, the surcharge can only be disclosed to the enrollee at the time of enrollment. Furthermore, insurance plans may only advertise the total cost of the premiums without disclosing that enrollees will be charged a $1 per month fee to pay directly subsidize abortions.”
5. The Contraceptive Mandate – sterilization, contraceptives and birth control devices and medicines, including Ella, the abortifacient “morning after pill.” – The President is till not bending to religious objections. SENATE rejected Sen. Roy Blunt’s Respect for Rights of Conscience Act (S. 1467), 51-48.
6. Student Mandate – Friday afternoon the Obama administration announced a proposal that would require universities, including religious universities, to provide contraception, sterilization, and abortion-inducing drugs to their students, as well as to their employees, free, without a co-pay.
Our meeting will not be a media event, a protest, a private rally, or any other such thing. It will be a prayer meeting. We are counting on having a face to face encounter with the Lord and to be empowered by Him in concert with Him to tear down and throw down the principalities and powers that are seeking to fundamentally transform our nation into a God-denying, secular, socialist, taxpayer paid abortion funding, post Christian America – the very opposite of what our Founders intended and our fathers and sons gave their blood for.
Again, I will get you details as soon as they are available!
God be with you!
Rev. Pierre Bynum
by James Nesbit, USRPN
“With an understanding that humans are made in the image of God, Christians and Jews know that every human is precious and has dignity. William Wilberforce entered the ring in 1787 when he argued for the abolition of slavery in the English House of Parliament. He was defeated, defeated, defeated and defeated. Every year he entered the ring again. It took him 20 years to win. He was prepared to enter the ring [as often as it took] to persuade and prevail. That’s democratic civility.
Wilberforce was gracious; he was humble and loving. Twice, opponents physically attacked him in the street. He remained gracious even when he was the most disparaged man in the world. He never vilified his opponents. A lot of reformers are fanatics, like William Lloyd Garrison in the United States. Wilberforce was never a fanatic. He was a follower of Jesus, humble, gracious and loving. That’s how we should be known, not as culture warriors.”
1. We pray that any corruption in the upcoming elections will be discovered and uprooted and prosecuted and that these discoveries will lead to positive reform of the electoral process in the state of Illinois.
2. We pray for the election of public officials who espouse and practice traditional family values as delineated in the Scriptures.
3. We pray for the election of officials who will govern wisely in the fear and admonition of the Lord. We pray for their protection and for the protection of their families and all that they hold dear.
4. We pray concerning amendments to the Constitution of the state of Illinois that God will guide the way people vote and bring forth righteousness and truth and stability. We pray that the outcome of these decisions will support traditional family values and provide undergirding for the support of our freedoms and responsibilities as citizens.
5. We pray for public officials to be elected who will practice fiscal responsibility so we can eventually balance the budget and pay our bills as we should.
6. We pray that God will restore righteousness and truth and honesty to our government officials by calling godly men and women into the public arena.
7. We pray for courage and wholehearted devotion to God as these newly elected officials seek to root out corruption and restore righteousness to our government.
8. We pray for the Holy Spirit to convict each official of sin and righteousness and judgment to come. We pray that each official will respond to the conviction of the Spirit by turning from their wicked ways and turning to the God of their fathers–the God of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob-the Father, His Son Jesus Christ and God’s Holy Spirit.
9. We declare that where sin has abounded there will grace much more abound. Amen!
[To read more about the Illinois Primary, go here.]
Whether the assailant ends up being a jihadist or a white neo-Nazi is beside the point. Increasingly, European Hitler admirers and Islamists are allies when it comes to hating Jews and Christians. A top Saudi cleric recently called for all churches in the Middle East to be removed. It’s open season on “people of the Book.”
Western intelligence agencies have been warning for months that “soft targets” — synagogues, schools, community centers in Europe and the U.S. — are vulnerable to attack from the death worshippers. The websites of European newspapers that reported the disgusting attack immediately received dozens of comments suggesting that if you don’t like Israel’s foreign policy, it is understandable that you would kill Jewish children in France. Hitler is no doubt in hell, but his spirit still haunts Europe.
Judeo-Christian civilization is under attack. President Obama met with British Prime Minister Cameron last week and had time to take in a basketball game. This week Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny is in town, and I am sure someone at the White House will find time to dance an Irish jig. Hours are spent by the leaders of Western nations discussing trade, pollution and energy — all important issues to be sure. Why do I suspect that the war on our civilization and the two faiths that are its pillars aren’t even on the agenda? (Gary Bauer)
Father God, we weep tonight for the families that have been impacted by this tragedy. We ask that this murderer be apprehended quickly and brought to swift justice. Abba, Father, please protect Your people in Israel, throughout Europe, and in our nation, too. Thank You, God, for hearing our prayer, in Your Name, amen.
– “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.” (Matthew 5:4)
Fires of History
Why do I tell you this? Because we’re coming to a place in time when we MUST learn how to stand in the midst of the fire and not be consumed by that fire.
We are in a period of history that frustrates Christians to the max. Their prayers against and for the current leadership of America seem to be stymied in many cases. Legislation is passed that is in direct opposition to the Word of God, and even our President appears to be hostile to Christianity.
Becoming harsh and legalistic about it will not help us. Standing in the midst of a fire means standing completely in trust of the Lord. It means standing in the love of God, not trying to use what we think is His wrath. We can rail against the problem, we can shriek and holler and stomp, but the fact remains that God’s time table is being performed before our eyes.
The President signed a very dangerous executive order this last week, and we need to be aware and ready. The economy is NOT the top issue – the direction of our nation of PEOPLE is.We are the people of America – and without the Lord Jesus Christ as our banner and hope, we will be plunged into a “gross darkness.”
Faye Higbee in Idaho
Lord of Lords
And as we close tonight, we WORSHIP OUR KING!
Permission is granted to distribute this bulletin at will. HOWEVER, WE ASK THAT YOU NOT POST ANY OF OUR PUBLICATIONS [in total without alteration of any kind, or create any links] ON ANY WEBSITE WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION. Please cite Capitol Hill Prayer Partners as the source for this information. Thank you for praying with us for our leaders and our nation.
NOTE: If forwarding, please delete the “unsubscribe” option at the bottom of the prayer alert. If this feature remains, the reader can actually unsubscribe YOU from receiving the prayer alerts.
Now you can also donate online by going here.
Or . . . if you prefer, simply paste this link into your browser to access our secure online donor system:
VISIT OUR BLOG!
CHPP’s blog includes archives of past editions of all of our alerts, as well as features on praying for the government, Israel, and other key issues. OUR NEW SECTION ALLOWS YOU TO PRAY FOR EVERY BRANCH OF OUR MILITARY, IN DETAIL.Come visit us by clicking here for more information, or by going to: http://chpponline.blogspot.com
OUR PRAYER GUIDE TO THE NATIONAL ELECTIONS HAS BEEN UPDATED
You can copy our Prayer Guide, by going here.