Watchwoman on the Wall

Watchwoman on the Wall

SANTORUM: “Satan has his sights on the United States of America!”

posted by Donna Calvin

SANTORUM'S SATAN WARNING

Tue Feb 21 2012 09:27:20 ET

“Satan has his sights on the United States of America!” Republican presidential hopeful Rick Santorum has declared.

“Satan is attacking the great institutions of America, using those great vices of pride, vanity, and sensuality as the root to attack all of the strong plants that has so deeply rooted in the American tradition.”

The former senator from Pennsylvania warned in 2008 how politics and government are falling to Satan.

“This is a spiritual war. And the Father of Lies has his sights on what you would think the Father of Lies would have his sights on: a good, decent, powerful, influential country – the United States of America. If you were Satan, who would you attack in this day and age?”

“He attacks all of us and he attacks all of our institutions.”

Santorum made the provocative comments to students at Ave Maria University in Florida.

The White House contender described how Satan is even taking hold of some religions.

“We look at the shape of mainline Protestantism in this country and it is in shambles, it is gone from the world of Christianity as I see it.”

Source: Drudge Report – http://drudgereport.com/flash3s.htm

Felizísima Fortuna

posted February 27, 2012 at 11:34 am

SATAN loves POWER and MONEY

Daniel,7 and Apocalypse’s St.John,13 explains with symbols the lands of the BEAST

Barbara H

posted February 25, 2012 at 4:32 am

What happened to my comment? Afraid to print it?

Barbara H

posted February 25, 2012 at 4:15 am

I am a born-again Christian, Donna, and I am just overwhelmed by the incredible amount of hatred, bigotry and half-truths that boil up out from your columns! It is just incredible — I do not know you, and I do not presume to have any kind of rights to judge you or anyone else – - – I believe that God, the Father, the ONLY true and living God, gave up His only Son to die on the cross as the ultimate sacrifice for the sins of everyone on this planet, and if they will believe Jesus is the Son of God and died for their sins, turn from their wicked ways and accept Him into their hearts and lives as their personal Saviour and Lord, they will spend eternity in Heaven with Him praising God forevermore. EVERYTHING I have read in my Bible supports and encourages that simple Gospel truth. I also believe that ONLY God has the ultimate Authority to judge anyone. Your interpretation of Biblical references makes it sound as though anybody who professes to be a born-again Christian has the right to judge anybody they want to, as long as he/she believes they are judging them according to Gopd’s Word. I read the Bible nearly every day, sometimes more than once a day, because I believe it is the true Word of God, which He has given to all mankind for instruction on how to achieve eternal life and how to live in ways He would have us to live, to serve others and to serve Him in all ways, at all times, thank Him for His many blessings, and praise His Holy Name. And in that Bible, it says, “For God so loved THE WORLD that He gave His only Son, so that EVERYONE who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. God did NOT send His Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it.” (John 3:16-17, New Living Translation, capitalized words are mine) That means everybody, Donna, on the whole entire planet . . . God made us in His own image, but instead of creating us as creatures who automatically worship Him and follow His teachings in our lives, He made us with the capacity to have free will because it means much more to God if we CHOOSE to follow Him. I searched through my concordances in several different translations of the Bible which I possess, and I cannot find a single passage that says God commands us to FORCE or intimidate anyone into following Him or to display hatred towards those who seem to reject His ways. In fact, I found the reverse to be true. In Luke 6, it says, “But if you are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies. Do good to those who hate you. Pray for the happiness of those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you. . . . Love your enemies! Do good to them! Lend to them! And don’t be concerned that they might not repay. Then your reward from heaven will be very great, and you will truly be acting as children of the most High, for He is kind to the unthankful and to those who are wicked.” (Luke 6:27-28, 35, New Living Translation)

As a fellow sister/believer, I am concerned when I see other Christian women become so angry and hostile towards others who do not share their views or read such inflammatory, accusational statements as you have written in your columns. Our Lord ate meals with publicans and sinners, the dregs of society during Biblical times . . . He told his disciples that at the final judgement, those who have provided food, lodging, drink, clothing and friendship to anyone who needed it was doing the work of the Lord and will be welcomed into Heaven forever, while those who were too selfish to share their possessions with those less fortunate than themselves would burn in the fires of Hell with the devil and his demons . . . He humbly washed the feet of each and every one of His twelve disciples the night before He was crucified, telling them to follow His example in caring for each other, washing even the feet of Judas, knowing that Judas would betray him before morning’s light . . .

My Lord and Saviour, the Son of the Living God, is compassionate, loving and kind to those who are suffering. He loves us with an unconditional love, even when we believe we are unlovable.

Your words in all of your columns are so hateful, judgemental and aggressive. Perhaps you need to spend more time reading your Authorized King James Bible and less time writing columns for awhile . . . something to consider . . .

And yes, I do believe, as I am sure you do, that whoever does not accept Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour will go to hell .. plain and simple, that’s the way it is . . . As the old tyme hymn says, “There’s a new name written down in Glory, and it’s mine, yes, it’s mine . . . ” and the only way to make that happen is to be born again through the grace of God through the ultimate sacrifice of His only Son, Jesus, who died on the cross for our sins. I KNOW that when I die, I will spend the rest of eternity in Heaven with the Blessed Trinity.

Donna Calvin

posted February 26, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Barbara H., you wrote: What incredible amount of hatred, bigotry and half-truths boil up out from my columns . . . What are you talking about? I don’t spout hate! I have made 1,241 posts and I have never written I hated anyone. God is love. I have never indicated I am a bigot. I have never written a half truth that I know of.

[King James Version - 1 John 4:16] And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

I write the truth in love and quote Bible Scripture from the King James Bible. So be specific, Barbara H., where is the hate? Where is the bigotry? Where are the half-truths? Defend your accusations and prove what you write.

[King James Version - Ephesians 4:15] “But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:” [King James Version - 2 Timothy 4:2] Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Barbara H. – Regarding the New Living Translation that you quote. Here is just one of many web sites you might want to check out.
    New Living Translation EXPOSED!
    by Robert J. Stewart

The New Living Translation (NLT) is straight from Hell. On their official website, NLT advertises with the slogan, “Accuracy you can trust.” Unfortunately, the NLT is not very accurate. The fact that the word “begotten” has been wrongfully removed from John 3:16 should be enough reason for every Christian to trash their NLT. In fact, I would rip it into shreds first to ensure that no one else is poisoned by it. To say that Jesus is God’s “only son” is a lie! In fact, God has many sons according to Scriptures such as 1st John 3:1, “Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God.” Biblically, God has MANY sons, but Jesus is the only BEGOTTEN Son. So you see, ANY bible which removes the word “begotten” from John 3:16 becomes heresy. This includes most modern bibles such as the perverted New International Version (NIV), The Book For Teens (TBFT), the New Living Translation (NLT), the New Believer’s Bible (NBB), the Living Bible (LB), and many more. It is tragic!

Let’s face it, the corrupters who are publishing demonic bibles are all out to make a fast buck, filthy lucre! In order to reach the largest market base possible, they trim and water down the Scriptures as much as tolerable. This is evil. God hates Bible corruption –Deuteronomy 4:2, “Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.” Well, the NLT butchers have diminished God’s Word by subtracting “begotten” from John 3:16.

The NLT was published in 1996 by Tyndale Publishers. Few Christians realize that there have been over 200 new Bible translations published just within the last 30 years. It’s blatantly obvious that this evil is the result of much greed and love for money (1st Timothy 6:10). The NLT is based upon Kenneth N. Taylor’s corrupted Living Bible (1971). His perverted Living Bible sold over 40 million copies in North America alone. Taylor died in June of 2005 at age 88. It is wicked to corrupt the Word of God (2nd Peter 3:16). Now comes the damnable New Living translation. Although the NLT preface claims that 87 scholars were involved in the word of translation, I have to seriously wonder if any of them really loved Jesus Christ. 1st Peter 2:7 reads, “Unto you therefore which believe he is precious…” How could any professed Christian who loves Jesus be involved in a bible translation that perverts the Word of God. The fact that dozens of different ecumenical groups were involved in the work of translation speaks volumes as to the Devil’s attempt to water down the Word of God. Increasingly, modern bible translations must be more politically correct in order to sell at high volumes. So as the world plunges further into the depths of wickedness and apostasy, new translations must follow along if they are to sell. Take a look at The Book For Teens bible, which is based upon the New Living Translation, not one mention is made of the blood of Jesus in the section on “Salvation through Jesus Christ” (Page A47). The blood of Jesus is a taboo subject nowadays amongst many pseudo-Christian groups, thanks to heretics like John MacArthur.

As further proof of corruption, Billy Graham endorses the NLT on the front cover jacket. Billy Graham is Mr. ecumenical himself, who has done more to unite apostate protestants with the Great Whore of Catholicism than anyone else. 2nd Corinthians 6:14-17 commands us to separate from the unbelieving world, NOT yoke up with them. Ephesians 5:11 tells us to reprove the works of darkness, NOT fellowship with them. Billy graham is on the Devil’s side, a friend of the world, and the enemy of God (James 4:4). The Catholic Church is straight out of the pits of Hell and it’s about time that ALL the preachers around the world start proclaiming it. Billions of souls are headed for destruction because of compromised and cowardly pastors and preachers who are afraid to offend anyone. Speak the Truth! Offend them! Their souls are at stake!

Corrupted Scriptures in the New Living Translation

Deuteronomy – “sodomite” changed to “temple prostitute”
    1 Kings 14:24 – “sodomites” replaced with “shrine prostitutes”
    1 Kings 15:12 – “sodomites” replaced with “shrine prostitutes”
    1 Kings 22:46 – “sodomites” replaced with “shrine prostitutes”
    2 Kings 23:7 – “sodomites” replaced with “shrine prostitutes”
    Matthew 17:21 – entire verse omitted
    Matthew 18:11 – entire verse omitted
    Matthew 19:9 – half of the verse is omitted
    Matthew 23:14 – entire verse omitted
    Mark 6:11 – half of the verse is omitted
    Mark 7:16 – entire verse omitted
    Mark 9:44, 46 – entire verses omitted
    Mark 11:26 – entire verse omitted
    Mark 15:28 – entire verse omitted
    Mark 16:9-20 – entire passage is questioned by a footnote that says, “The most reliable early manuscripts conclude the Gospel of Mark at verse 8″
    Luke 4:8 – “get thee behind me Satan” is omitted
    Luke 17:36 – entire verse omitted
    Luke 23:17 – entire verse omitted
    John 1:10 – says God created everything “through” Jesus instead of “by” Jesus as the KJB teaches
    John 1:41 – The NLT leaves out the phrase, “Which is by interpretation, a stone.” Hence, the critical distinction between Peter as “the stone” (Petros), and Jesus as “The Rock” (Petra) is obscured. This was no doubt deliberate to pleases Catholics who falsely teach that Peter is the rock upon which the church is built. The Bible states in no uncertain terms, “For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ” (1st Corinthians 3:11).
    John 3:16 – the all important word “begotten” is omitted, thus denying the deity of Christ
    John 3:13 – “which is in heaven” is omitted John 5:4 – entire verse omitted
    John 7:53 – 8:11 — entire passage is questioned in a note which says, “The most ancient Greek manuscripts do not include John 7:53 – 8:11″
    Acts 8:37 – entire verse omitted
    Acts 12:4 – changes “Easter” to the incorrect “Passover” (See Numbers 28:16,17 and Acts 12:2 in the KJB)
    Acts 17:29 – completely removes the “Godhead”
    Acts 28:29 – entire verse omitted
    Romans 1:20 – completely removes the “Godhead”
    Romans 16:24 – entire verse omitted
    Philippians 2:6 -removes the word “equal,” thus denying Christ’s deity
    Colossians 1:16 – says God created everything “through” Jesus instead of “by” Jesus as the KJB teaches
    Colossians 2:9 – completely removes the “Godhead”
    1 Timothy 3:16 – “God” is omitted, says “Christ appeared in the flesh, thus denying the deity of Christ
    1 Timothy 6:5 – “from such withdraw thyself” is omitted
    Hebrews 1:3 – the all-important words “by himself” are omitted
    1 Peter 4:1 – “for us” is omitted
    1 Peter 4:14 – half of the verse is omitted
    1 John 3:16 -completely removes “the love of God”
    1 John 4:3 – the all-important words “Christ is come in the flesh” are omitted 1 John 5:7-8 — Trinitarian clause omitted
    1 John 5:7 – half of the verse is omitted, thus denying the Godhead
    1 John 5:13 – half of the verse is omitted
    Revelation 1:11 – first half of the verse is omitted
    Revelation 5:14 – “him that liveth forever and ever” is omitted

NLT perverts the Godhead!

1st John 5:7 is a vital Scripture that EVERY Christian should know. This Scripture clearly proclaims that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost are ONE. But, the NLT says otherwise…

KJB – “For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.”

NLT – “So we have these three witnesses.”

What blasphemy! Many Christians have bought into the lie that 1st John 5:7 wasn’t in the originals –IT WAS! It depends on which originals you’re talking about. The Textus Receptus (or received text) from which our reliable King James Bible comes DOES contain 1st John 5:7.

Source of “New Living Translation EXPOSED!” by Robert J. Stewart: http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/NLT/nlt_exposed.htm

Joe Sr.

posted February 24, 2012 at 8:43 am

Well, If Satan is the Father of lies and some how we in America do not believe in truth any longer or we cannot define what it is, we make his job very easy. perhaps we don’t even believe he exist which makes it so much easier. The fact is If you can compromise the foundation of anything, that thing will simply fall on it’t own weight; even a great Nation as The United States of America. Perhaps it’s not too late for principled people to do something about the foundations that are being destroyed in our Country.

Mark Snyder

posted February 22, 2012 at 4:26 pm

As a devout Presbyterian, who tries to follow Christ, I am offended by Santorum’s observations of Protestantism. The Church, in any form, is Christ’s, but humans “manage” it. Since we have all sinned, we manage it imperfectly.

It seems to me that “judge not, lest ye be judged” might be a helpful bit of scripture for Mr. Santorum to keep in mind. It takes guts to be an open Christian and I admire him for that, but his self-righteous comment seemed to be way out of line.

He, and our nation, are in my prayers.

Donna Calvin

posted February 22, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Well, Rick, you fell right into the “judge not” ignorant hole. I am not Catholic, and I know scripture. I attended a Presbyterian church, was a devoted Christian then, and I still am, although not currently attending that church. Here’s my recent post — printed in full with the link to the post just in case you want to see the pictures to go with it.

Watchwoman: I am posting “Judge and Judge Not – What does the Bible say?” because one of the negative comments I get come from people who believe they are Christian and they are calling me to task because they think I have been judging a human’s behavior and calling it sin based upon the Written Word of God, the Authorized King James Bible, using one verse from the Bible that says we are not to judge, which we’ll examine below. Before that examination; however, I cannot help but to point out they are overlooking the very concept they condemn, that they themselves are judging my script describing God’s Laws (Holy Bible) and are making the assumption that they know what the Bible says, that they are right, and that I am wrong about what God calls sin and what He applauds, even though it’s written out very clearly and I am merely reiterating God’s Words. How much more judgmental can one be? But going beyond their obvious oversight and complicated conundrum —- let us look at what the Bible really says and examine God’s Holy Word in the Authorized King James Bible, because we are told that it has been written for instruction, correction and is 100% infallible. [King James Bible - 2nd Timothy 4:2] Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. [3] For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; [4] And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fable. (unquote) The King James Bible is the inspired Word of God and without error. God’s Word, the Holy Bible, is the only thing on earth that is perfect and without error. No one may add one jot or tittle, or be warned, if you are inclined to do so, you will suffer God’s Judgment. [King James Version - Deuteronomy 4:2] Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you. [King James Version - Revelation 22:18-19] For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: [19] And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. (unquote) God’s Word never changes and it is everlasting, utterly infallible. [King James Bible - Matthew 5:18] For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. (unquote) Satan knows that if he proves ONE word of scripture wrong, he wins. It is either all true or none of it is true. Satan every since he fell from grace and was cast out of heaven has worked to break scripture, but he has never succeeded and he never will, for it is written [King James Version - John 10:35] … the scripture cannot be broken. ▬ Donna Calvin

_________________________________________________

All scripture references are taken from the Authorized Version of the King James Bible

_________________________________________________

THE BOOK OF BIBLE PROBLEMS

by Gerardus D. Bouw, Ph.D

Gospel Problems

JUDGE AND JUDGE NOT

[King James Version - Matthew 7:1-2] Judge not, that ye be not judged. [2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

[King James Version - 1 Corinthians 5:12] For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?

[King James Version - 1 Corinthians 6:2] Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

The problem is obvious: we are not to judge according to Matthew 7 while on the other hand, we are told that Christians are to judge all things (Romans 14:13); that they are commanded to judge all things (1 Corinthians 2:15); and that someday they shall judge the world (1 Corinthians 6.2).

In order to resolve this we need only to look at the overall context of each passage. The Matthew passage is followed immediately by the admonition that “with what Judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged.” The Lord thus shows that the believer should judge with great care; that it is not a light matter. He refers to human judgment. If we judge by our own opinions or human standards, we are subject to error.

By contrast, if we judge according to the commandments of God, we cannot err. We should not judge when we do not have to, and when we do judge, we should exercise wisdom; for we, too, will be judged (1st Corinthians 3:10-16). But if we condemn the things which God condemns, and laud the things which God lauds, then we shall judge rightly always.

~ pg. 159 ~