|Don’t miss: The Good News Corner:
Congress Passes World War II Memorial Prayer Act ______________________________________________________________
The Daily Brief
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
You can copy our Prayer Guide, by going here.
1. Homeland Security Wants to Spy on 4 Square Miles at Once– Wired NewsIt’s not just for the Afghanistan and Iraq wars anymore. The Department of Homeland Security is interested in a camera package that can peek in on almost four square miles of (Constitutionally protected) American territory for long, long stretches of time. Homeland Security wants the video collected by the system to beam down in “near real time” – 12 seconds or quicker – to a control room and beyond line of sight (BLOS) ruggedized mobile receiver on the ground,” just as military spy gear does. The camera should shift to infrared mode for nighttime snooping.The Army’s super-powerful ARGUS camera, heading to Afghanistan, can look out at 36 square miles at a time; the Air Force’s Gorgon Stare looks out on an entire city at once. But, those systems are used against insurgents, who are not protected by the Fourth Amendment’s prohibitions on unreasonable searches. Even if the wide-area surveillance DHS is just used at borders or airports, those are still places where Americans go about their business, under the presumption that they’re not living in a government panopticon. It’s hardly clear from the pre-solicitation that the department only expects to operate the cameras after getting a court order – or if it thinks it needs one in the first place.- Intercessors, it sometimes seems questionable whose side the Department of Homeland Security is actually on; particularly in the light of Janet Napolitano and the White House’s crafted list of potential homeland terrorist threats which includes – returning veterans, “right wing” Christians, pro-life citizens, and legal arms owners. No mention of Islamic Terrorists on the DHS’s list! As you pray, BIND this tendency of governing powers to make law abiding citizens ” the enemy.” Pray for righteous leaders who determine policies with respect for Constitutional law; pray for leaders who respect the rights of law abiding American citizens.– “Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!” (Isaiah 5:19-21)
2. Supreme Court: GPS devices equivalent of a search, police must get warrant– Fox NewsIn a rare defeat for law enforcement, the Supreme Court unanimously agreed on Monday to bar police from installing GPS technology to track suspects without first getting a judge’s approval. The justices made clear it wouldn’t be their final word on increasingly advanced high-tech surveillance of Americans. Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., said the court’s decision was “a victory for privacy rights and for civil liberties in the digital age.” He said the ruling highlighted many new privacy threats posed by new technologies. Leahy has introduced legislation to update the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, a 1986 law that specifies standards for government monitoring of cellphone conversations and Internet communications.
– Thank You, Lord, that we are finally seeing some concrete actions in favor of protecting America’s citizens from the overwhelming potential abuses of personal privacy through the use of technology. We pray that technological advances will not replace the protections and liberties granted by the American Constitution.
– ” Keep me as the apple of Your eye; Hide me under the shadow of Your wings,” (Psalm 17:7-9)
A conservative public-interest law group is asking the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn a ruling by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals that a mathematics teacher near San Diego must remove banners mentioning religion from his classroom. The district has fought since 2007 to force Bradley Johnson to remove banners saying “In God We Trust,” “One Nation Under God,” and “God Bless America” from his classroom at Westview High School in Rancho Bernardo, Calif. Richard Thompson, president and chief counsel of the Thomas More Law Center, told the Times Tuesday that the school board’s decision “is a prime example of how public schools across our nation are cleansing our classrooms of our Christian heritage while promoting atheism and other non-Christian religions under the guise of cultural diversity.”
– To think, O Lord, that a school district would insist that the motto of the United States of America may not be displayed before school children because it refers to You!! We repent before You on behalf of our nation’s rebellion. We pray that the 9th Circuit Court ruling will be completely repealed. Lord, give the Supreme Court the mind of Christ in their ruling. We pray that believers all across this land will arise with a unified and formidable voice against this attempt to culturally cleanse America from Christianity. We pray for the mighty wind of the Holy Spirit to flow through our school age youngsters who have been willfully deprived of the knowledge of You, that their eyes will be open to You and Your great love.
-” But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!” (Matthew 18:6,7)
Even though President Barack Obama has been summoned to a court hearing here Thursday, don’t expect the Commander in Chief to come.
In a surprising ruling Friday, a Georgia state administrative judge declined to quash a subpoena directing Obama to attend a hearing Thursday at the Fulton County courthouse on a challenge to strike him from the Georgia ballot this fall on claims he is not a natural born U.S. citizen. Read more.
– In this day of great national debt, it is an outrage to think of the millions of taxpayer dollars that have funded President Obama’s personal legal battles as he fights to hide his documents from the nation. Lord, bless the efforts of those who have pressed hard, and sacrificed financially, to bring about truthful revelation in this ongoing saga of the documents our President has chosen to, and succeeded in, hiding from the public – college records, birth records, health records, law school records… Lord, speedily bring forth all those facts that have been inappropriately hidden! May this nation’s voters be awake and aware, questioning why our President has fought so hard to hide his past.
– “For there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should come to light.” (Mark 4: 21-23)
IMF head Christine Lagarde set out Monday a raft of proposals to fight the eurozone crisis, including a bigger rescue fund, lower ECB rates and eurobonds as she warned of dimmer world growth prospects. And she had a dire warning for policymakers if they failed to do what was necessary, saying the world could slide into a “1930s moment” of isolationism, which led to the Great Depression and eventually to world war.
– Lord, draw the leaders of the nations to seek understanding from You as they struggle to solve financial problems on such a massive scale. There is no problem so great that You cannot bring answers and resolution, if mankind would just seek You! We pray for Your intervention in this financial crisis. We pray that everything the enemy has come to steal and destroy (John 10:10), will only result in the salvation of souls (1 Timothy 2:1), and the unleashing of Your great Glory in the affairs of men. In Jesus’ Name.
– “The thief (satan) comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I (Jesus) came that they (mankind) may have life, and have it abundantly!” (John 10:10) (NASB)
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
“But the Lord your God ye shall fear; and he shall deliver you out of the hand of all your enemies.” (II Kings 17:39)
“Seventy years have passed since the Holocaust, and many around the world still remain silent in the face of Iran’s threats to wipe Israel off the map, and many stay silent despite Hezbollah’s call for the destruction of Israel, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Tuesday during a special Knesset session ahead of International Holocaust Remembrance Day, which will be marked this week.
Marwan Barghouti, former Fatah Secretary-General in the West Bank who is serving a life sentence in Israel for terror activities, told Ynet on Wednesday that “the Israeli-Palestinian conflict will end once Israel withdraws to the 1967 lines.”
The US, Britain and Germany leveled harsh criticism at Israel’s settlement construction policy on Tuesday.
Israel will negotiate with the Palestinian unity government if Hamas agrees to Quartet conditions and dismantles its terror infrastructure, Defense Minister Ehud Barak said in an interview with Israel Radio Tuesday.
The study, obviously conducted by pro-death researchers from Columbia University and the Guttmacher Institute, says that there is one death of a woman giving birth for every 11,000 babies born. This compares with one woman in 167,000 who has died following a legal abortion. The Columbia researchers used “data” collected by the Guttmacher Institute to conduct their study. Guttmacher is a pro-abort non profit that takes government money and turns it into propaganda for the “reproductive health” industry, not really a trusted source of data. Notwithstanding, this is the type of waste of taxpayer money and research time that the pro-death lobby spends on propaganda to encourage killing the pre-born.
Quite frankly, the Supreme Court in 1973 got it wrong when it ruled that an abortion was a Constitutional right to privacy. Congress got it wrong when it just silently went along with it. Over the years polls have suggested that the majority of Americans are against abortion. Americans have been stonewalled by politicians and powerful eugenics lobbies in overturning that Supreme Court decision. The “Roe” in Roe v. Wade has consistently denied that she was even pro-abortion and says she was used by the abortion supporters against her will. Abortion is murder. Every woman that I have talked to who has had an abortion regrets it–they all know that the decision they made killed a life growing within them.
What does this say about an America that not only allows the legal infanticide of its pre-born, but receives studies from a biased source promoting the safety of killing? Pslam 106:38-41 speaks of a nation like this: “And shed innocent blood, even the blood of their sons and of their daughters, whom they sacrificed unto the idols of Canaan: and the land was polluted with blood. Thus were they defiled with their own works, and went a whoring with their own inventions. Therefore, was the wrath of the Lord kindled against his people…and he gave them into the hand of the heathen; and they that hated them ruled over them.” This one issue alone should propel us en mass to stand against such evil because an unjust law is no law at all.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Meanwhile HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius announced that under Obamacare, businesses and organizations that offer employees health insurance must cover sterilization, contraceptives and birth control devices and medicines, including Ella, the abortifacient “morning after pill.” Religious organizations will have until August 2013 “to adjust” to the new rules but only churches qualify for the narrow “religious exemption.”
Businesses and other organizations, including religious non-profits (church affiliated schools, hospitals, and charities) must comply.
Cardinal-Designate Timothy Dolan reacted, “In effect, the President is saying we have a year to figure out how to violate our consciences.” FRC’s Tony Perkins said, “This is the time to draw a line and take a stand . . .This is about the ability to live out your faith in public according to the teachings of your faith.” (FRC Prayer Targets)
– May God help Congress and the next President to overturn Obamacare, with its many unconstitutional provisions and it assault on Life. May the U.S. Supreme Court overturn the entire bill when it considers it this spring.
– “Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord . . .” (Acts 3:19)
Congress Passes World War II Memorial Prayer Act
Bill was passed by a vote of 386-26.
“Today, the House took a stand to honor members of the greatest generation by passing the World War II Memorial Prayer Act. Adding FDR’s prayer to the World War II Memorial is important because this prayer gave comfort and solace to our brave warriors who were about to make history. The President’s prayer gave them strength. This honor is fitting for all those who have made and continue to make extraordinary sacrifices to advance the cause of freedom and to stop the spread of tyranny around the world. By passing this bill with bipartisan support and sending it to the Senate, it is now another step closer to becoming law,” said Bill Johnson.
Joining Rep. Johnson in Washington for debate on this important legislation was Mr. George “Poppy” Fowler, a resident of Southeastern Ohio, who served as a rear-gunner in the Pacific Theater during World War II.
Johnson added, “I was honored that a true American hero, Mr. George “Poppy” Fowler, joined me to see this bill move forward. Mr. Fowler and those he fought with are the inspiration behind this bill.” Mr. Fowler will also attend today’s State of the Union speech in the House Chamber as a guest of Rep. Johnson.
The passage of the World War II Memorial Prayer Act of 2011 is the second bill authored by Rep. Johnson to pass the House. His first piece of legislation, the Veterans Health Care Facilities Capital Improvement Act of 2011 (H.R. 2646) was passed on September 20th, 2011 and signed into law by the President on October 5th, 2011.
Background on H.R. 2070 – the World War II Memorial Prayer Act: This legislation sponsored by Bill Johnson directs the Secretary of the Interior, Ken Salazar, to install a plaque or inscription at the World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C. with the words that President Franklin D. Roosevelt prayed with the nation on the morning of June 6, 1944 – D-Day.
(Press Release from the Office of Representative Bill Johnson)
– “You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.” (John 8:32)
“Behold The Lord”
by Paul Wilbur
Great and marvelous are Your works
Who will not fear You O Lord
Permission is granted to distribute this bulletin at will. HOWEVER, WE ASK THAT YOU NOT POST ANY OF OUR PUBLICATIONS [in total without alteration of any kind, or create any links] ON ANY WEBSITE WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION. Please cite Capitol Hill Prayer Partners as the source for this information. Thank you for praying with us for our leaders and our nation.
NOTE: If forwarding, please delete the “unsubscribe” option at the bottom of the prayer alert. If this feature remains, the reader can actually unsubscribe YOU from receiving the prayer alerts.
Now you can also donate online by going here.
Or . . . if you prefer, simply paste this link into your browser to access our secure online donor system:
VISIT OUR BLOG!
CHPP’s blog includes archives of past editions of all of our alerts, as well as features on praying for the government, Israel, and other key issues. OUR NEW SECTION ALLOWS YOU TO PRAY FOR EVERY BRANCH OF OUR MILITARY, IN DETAIL.Come visit us by clicking here for more information, or by going to: http://chpponline.blogspot.com