I appreciate Rabbi Grossman’s wishes for 2008 and would like to add a few of my own (in no particular order):
• President Bush becomes invested enough in Mideast peace to keep pressure on the Israelis and Palestinians to talk to one another.
• Kosher certifiers stop deriding the idea of Hekhsher Tzedek (a socially-conscious certification that food, in addition to being kosher, was ethically produced)
• All Jon Stewart, all the time.
• Anti-Semitism stops being fashionable with left-wing intellectuals throughout Europe.
• Jewish community puts enough pressure on Washington and Beijing to bring genocide to an end in Darfur.
• Kevin Youklis, Shawn Greene, and all other Jewish major leaguers cleared of steroid use.
What are your top wishes for 2008? Add them below.