Via Media

Grrr.

posted by awelborn

March 5.
Snow Day.
March 5,  I said.
¡Ya basta!
From this morning. I call it: Boy, Beach Ball, Butterfly Net and Slide in the Snow. In MARCH.”
snow11
I also call it, Please Get Tired and Take a Good Nap This Afternoon So I Can Finish Writing My Talk For Saturday.
I also call it, My Husband is in California, Gashwin, Aquilina and Hahn are in Rome , one of my sons is going to Ireland tomorrow, and I’m in Northern Indiana in the Snow. On a Snow Day. In MARCH.
Okay, there are perks.
snow12
I’ll take it.
 This time.

mrs jackie parkes

posted March 5, 2008 at 10:56 am

sweet picture!

GoodForm

posted March 5, 2008 at 10:56 am

Did your son intend to draw a person serving a volleyball with the beach ball acting as the volleyball? The tracks in the snow look like this in the top picture. Cool. :)

M. Swaim

posted March 5, 2008 at 12:11 pm

All we got was rain. Amazing, what a scant couple of hundred miles can do to a burgeoning weather system.

Maureen

posted March 5, 2008 at 12:30 pm

Snif. We got the snow, but no snow day. (Although… I guess moms never get snow days.)

Pat

posted March 5, 2008 at 12:36 pm

Hey Al Gore, where is global warming when you need it?

Peggy

posted March 5, 2008 at 2:25 pm

That was us yesterday in Southern IL, near STL, MO.
PS–If you’re covering St. Stephens in MN, you may want to look into St Stans’ in STL again. Things are at a turning point. The priest’s laicization process is to begin today. The priest, a polish immigrant, is pushing a gay and womenpriest agenda at the formerly Catholic parish. A few original (as opposed to interloping dissenters) parishioners are wanting Bozek fired, but the dissent crowd is winning out. ABp. Burke is to give a (rare) press conference today on this.

Cathy

posted March 5, 2008 at 3:54 pm

Hah–May 9, 1976. That was a snow day! Really–OK it was in the suburbs of Boston, but still: May 9th!
Not that I’m not tired of winter….

Jay Anderson

posted March 5, 2008 at 4:43 pm

I’m loving the snow. The kids are loving the snow. My wife the stay-at-home mom is hating the snow day.