Via Media

Via Media

Snapshot

posted by awelborn

Wondering who the proprietor of this blog is? Well, just click through the birthday presents that her husband, who knows her quite well, gave her. This should pretty much get it done: This, this, this, this, and this.

And about that Lucinda Williams album. (the live one)  I’ve seen her in concert three times, (the last about 5 years ago), and while her voice has always been the definition of raw, here, it’s crossed over to ravaged. "Joy" is like going through therapy.

ambrose

posted July 18, 2005 at 12:04 am

Happy Birthday, by the way!!!

Ian

posted July 18, 2005 at 1:48 am

Happy birthday Amy!

amy

posted July 18, 2005 at 3:02 am

Ian – I saw you’ll be at CMN. So will we. See you there!

Gerard E.

posted July 18, 2005 at 7:23 am

Happy _____th Birthday and many more, Amy. Lucinda always comes up short in a Nashville-based industry that would sooner look for the next Shania Twain than another Gretchen Wilson. Confining her to College Station Radio and campus locations for concerts. Some outfit called Americana Radio is being set up for performers like her. Could well succeed with people who want real cheddar and are tired of Nashville’s pre-wrapped Velveeta.

Ron Rolling

posted July 18, 2005 at 7:30 am

Your husband must really love you. Happy Birthday! 29, right?

Hunk Hondo

posted July 18, 2005 at 7:54 am

Many happy returns, Amy! (And no, I don’t mean the presents!)

Dan

posted July 18, 2005 at 8:39 am

Happy Birthday. It was a strange and wonderful coincidence when I found out one of my favorite singers/song writers (Lucinda Williams) and one of my favorite Poetry Gurus (Miller Williams) were actually daughter/father. Add to that the suicidal poet Frank Stanford (subject of Pineola and Sweet Ol World) and it’s an amazing mix (for me, anyway).
Happy Birthday!

Dorian Speed

posted July 18, 2005 at 8:56 am

Happy Birthday, Amy!

Lynn

posted July 18, 2005 at 11:41 am

Great gifts!

Bill White

posted July 18, 2005 at 11:51 am

Happy birthday! What do you think of that new Benedictine breviary? It caught my eye in the new Liturgical Press catalog – I love that it’s a 2000+ page “short” “breviary”!

Augustinianus

posted July 18, 2005 at 12:17 pm

Happy birthday!
I knew there was something about you, besides the intelligence, good taste, good prose, and good will; now that I find you’re also a Lucinda fan, I know what it is.