Via Media

Via Media

The Road to Toledo

posted by awelborn

We’re off. Wish me luck.

We’ll be back tomorrow evening (birthday party sleepover at Mona’s), and I’ll leave the comments open, but please, please, please, no ilk-tossing.

And if you don’t mind, hold the email. There’s nothing more dispiriting than returning home and finding 74 emails waiting for you. Unless it’s coming home and finding 74 ilk-tossing comments waiting for you.

The Good Luck Wisher

posted April 29, 2004 at 1:17 pm

Good luck!

john hearn

posted April 29, 2004 at 2:45 pm

If I come across any ilk, I promis to gently push it to one side…;^)
Good luck and happy landings!

Victor Morton

posted April 29, 2004 at 3:02 pm

john, I knew you and your ilk would spout such heretical, ultramontane, CINO blather.

Chris-2-4

posted April 29, 2004 at 3:09 pm

Got Ilk?

Mark Windsor

posted April 29, 2004 at 6:57 pm

Select All

Dale Price

posted April 29, 2004 at 8:38 pm

I’ve always wanted to bag an ilk–makes a much better trophy (not to mention a lot more meat) than a diir.

Rod Dreher

posted April 29, 2004 at 11:02 pm

Watch out for any Satanic death cult priests driving Buicks!

Julia

posted April 30, 2004 at 1:36 pm

I just checked “Where’s My Stuff” & no sign that my 2 copies of Amy’s book will ship anytime soon.
Even though the webpage says shipping is in 3 — 4 weeks at this point, her book is #331 !!!!!
Last time I checked at Barnes & Noble (which will ship within 24 hours) her sales rank is #75 !!!!!!! She beats all the other books available. Hooray

Meg

posted April 30, 2004 at 2:38 pm

I think that joke’s been ilked for all it’s worth.

jay

posted April 30, 2004 at 4:16 pm

I wish I only had to worry about 74 messages in my inbox if I was gone for a day.

Gregg the obscure

posted April 30, 2004 at 7:33 pm

My Amazon order arrived today. My direct order from Miss Amy arrived yesterday. Woohoo!
She said she didn’t want to preach to the choir. Tomorrow I start giving the books to people who thought DVC was good.

Victor Morton

posted May 1, 2004 at 12:39 am

Meg:
Do not try to ilk us for ympathy.

Meg

posted May 1, 2004 at 6:10 pm

Victor – The very thought makes me feel ilk. (Or maybe it’s my lack of sleep that’s doing it.)

rose

posted January 2, 2005 at 6:49 pm

It’s like a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs