Via Media

Via Media

Her Mother’s Glory

posted by awelborn

A superb piece from Touchstone.

What a terrible thing she did. For a woman to bear a child when abortion seemed so justified, so necessary, when the pregnancy was the result of rape—well, it was certainly anti-social behavior. She was coerced into seeing a psychiatrist who could help her overcome the obvious defect known to Christians as principle. He might even have cured her of maternal instinct and the malady called love.

Tom Hynes

posted January 14, 2004 at 2:09 pm

Terrific article. Heroic virtue. Joseph writing about his marriage to Mary.

Kathleen

posted January 14, 2004 at 3:08 pm

Superb indeed.

Gene Humphreys

posted January 14, 2004 at 3:16 pm

Thanks for pointing to this Amy

Lynn

posted January 14, 2004 at 3:41 pm

Beautiful story. I will pass it on.

kathy

posted January 14, 2004 at 3:50 pm

The answer to my prayer about how to talk to my own adopted daughter (when she grows up) about the similar circumstances of her birth. It’s the triumph of the cross, isn’t it?

Tom Mohan

posted January 14, 2004 at 4:36 pm

Strong.

Jane

posted January 14, 2004 at 8:11 pm

My boyfriend was also born under similar circumstances, and adopted. I am glad every day that his mother chose life!

Tom

posted January 14, 2004 at 10:50 pm

The culture of death prevails but not with Robert Hart!! Over 277,000 abortions were supported by Planned Parenthood last year and only 1900 or so women were referred to adoption agencies. Abortion is so deeply ingrained in our society that many people feel aborting the child is the RIGHT thing to do. We have see so many hopeful stories like this but we have a long way to go and many prayers are needed.

Cheryl

posted January 14, 2004 at 11:57 pm

This well-written story highlights a little known-fact: there are many sexual assault survivors who become pregnant as a result of rape who keep their children or give them to loving adoptive parents, and there is a large community of caring crime victim advocates and sexual assault crisis counselors who support them in this often difficult decision. The stories of these strong moms (and dads) is often kept quiet to spare the children stigma in the future, but we can applaud them all daily in our prayers.

Marianne Hart

posted April 7, 2004 at 8:53 pm

This is my granddaughter, in whom I have been most delighted and well pleased. She’s a beautiful young lady today and I am so thankful that her mother, my much loved daugher-in-law, had the courage to keep her.
Our lives have been greatly enriched by this girl and her mother.

Nellie Dailey

posted April 10, 2004 at 1:44 pm

Robert Hart is a shining example of the walk with Christ. He doesn’t just talk the talk, he walks the walk in his ministry.
Obviously Robert’s wife is the perfect mate for him, and it is my belief their meeting was by divine appointment. Their daughter is blessed to have parents like these.
May our heavenly Father bless them all.