- One lemon provides you with 64% of your recommended daily allowance of Vitamin C.
- A little lemon juice sprinkled on freshly cut apples, bananas, or avocados will keep them from turning brown.
- Lemon juice is so acidic it actually kills germs.
- Lemon’s strong aroma is a natural deodorizer, particularly when used as a cleaner. Toss some used lemons in the garbage disposal periodically to freshen it. Gently heat some sliced lemons in a pot on the stove to get rid of cooking odors.
- Lemon juice mixed with baking soda can remove stains from plastic food storage containers. Make the pumice and use it as a scrub.
- Lemon juice and green tea combine forces to make a strong antioxidant mix, more powerful than if you consumed these two ingredients separately.
- Traditional medicines around the world have always recommended lemon juice and hot water as an aid for digestion, heart burn, and a cure for constipation.
- Have water with lots of lemon juice during the day to help lose weight and decrease the appetite.
- Many traditional sources recommend rinsing the hair with lemon for shine, but a lemon-juice rinse also fights dandruff.
- Lemon juice mixed with salt (one part lemon juice to two parts salt) makes a great pumice to remove rust stains.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Subscribe to Dr. Tabor