As the sound is not very clear at points, here’s a list of some of my questions to Master Stone …
- What is your goal in life, as a stone?
- Do you need to achieve some goals, and realize some dreams, in order to feel good and a success about your stoney self? Will you feel inadequate, a mediocre mineral, if you do not reach your goals and dreams?
- What could make you more who you want to be, a more perfect stone? A stonier stone?
- Do you feel that you are a lesser stone, and less a stone, than the bigger and more imposing stones in the garden?
- You are missing a few chips that have been knocked off you. Are you sad about their loss, do you long for their return?
- I see that you have ants and a beetle crawling over you. Do you resent them for doing that?
- What would you like to change, if you could, about your rocky life?
- Even stones wear away with time. Do you worry about that?
- Where do you think stones, and the whole earth, came from before there were any ‘stones’? Where do you think stones go when stones die, besides “dust to dust”? And do the answers to those questions effect how you sit as a stone right now?
At the end, Master Stone suggested we drop all the questions … and just sit like stones sit …