The New Christians

The New Christians

Coming Back

posted by Tony Jones

I’ve taken a month hiatus from this blog, primarily for personal reasons.  In fact, I haven’t even read a blog in a month (with a few exceptions, including Zach’s series on gays in the church).

I’ve tried to breathe deeply and find love.  It had been, for the most part, good for my soul.

So, I will re-enter the blogosphere and, quite honestly, I don’t know what I’ll write about.  I’m not brimming with strong opinions about anything at the moment.  I’m trying to get a small business off the ground, struggling to complete my dissertation, and working to love and support my children and the others whom I love.

What I don’t know is if blogging helps me do that…

Dan Haugh

posted October 1, 2009 at 10:30 am

Tony
We look forward to hearing from you again and appreciate your thoughts, theology, questions, and challenging us to critically and intelligently think about our faith.
Thanks also for your inspiration and continual support of youth workers.

Xochitl

posted October 1, 2009 at 12:22 pm

Be well and be blessed! You will let no one down by doing what you need to do to be well :)

Darren

posted October 1, 2009 at 3:55 pm

Tony, while I think it’s VITAL for people like you to be vocal, I really think you can be just as effective (if not more so) locally – just living out your life, and being there for your family. My dad was a minister, so I know what it’s like to have his attention divided b/w the family and the church. Looking back, I think we all would have preferred he was around more.
So . . . do what you need to do. As a gay Christian, I selfishly want you to keep prodding the Church in a good direction on social issues, but not at the expense of your family and sanity!
DJ

Eric Ragle

posted October 1, 2009 at 5:04 pm

There is always something to say Tony! I saw Shane Claiborne speak today and we couldn’t get him to shut up! :) So speak on brotha…

Panthera

posted October 1, 2009 at 5:19 pm

Tony, welcome back.
Please, take care of yourself, your family, your dissertation and this blog in that order.
We do need you in the fight for human status, but not at the price of your inner peace.

Kenton

posted October 1, 2009 at 5:53 pm

Yea! Welcome back, friend. FWIW, blogging probably does not help any of those things…but I hope you can find a place for it anyway. It’s been kinda sad checking my RSS reader and not finding any new Tony posts.

Blake Huggins

posted October 1, 2009 at 6:57 pm

Much love to you, Tony. Look forward to reading whatever it is you decide to write about.

nathan

posted October 1, 2009 at 10:12 pm

why not blog about your current process?
it could let people see/hear about another side of tony jones.
it would be fascinating to see, in real time, how your commitment to sustainable, real life theology works or is being worked out by you.

Steve K.

posted October 1, 2009 at 10:35 pm

welcome back to the blogosphere, Tony, in whatever form that takes, with whatever regularity and whatever the content will be. I’m looking forward to seeing you next week at Christianity21 and giving you a warm embrace and perhaps enjoying a cigar and conversation at some point. You are loved.

Joe Carson

posted October 1, 2009 at 10:47 pm

Hi Tony,
Steve Martin of Vital Visuals and I hope to persuade Elie Wiesel to participate in a short video in which he would call upon engineers of all faiths and no faith, worldwide, to move their profession to a better place in Darfur and Sudan.
My question that I hope you will consider addressing is: “what does it mean for readers of this blog and other highly privileged Christians to “suffer for righteousness’ sake” in 2009 in a world replete with institutional evil?

Dan Hauge

posted October 1, 2009 at 10:53 pm

Wow, there’s also a Dan Haugh round these parts (who is not me)!
Let me just say that it sounds great, this time you’ve just had recently. I mean, maybe it wasn’t all fun, but it sounds good. And if blogging doesn’t help with where you need to be at, let me add my voice to the “then don’t blog” contingent (not that I won’t miss it). There are all kinds of different ways, and different venues in which to speak what you need to speak.

posted June 16, 2014 at 8:05 pm

In the same sense, business owners would be wise to give their workers something to unite under.
An eye catching attractive website is essential inside the technologically advanced and highly competitive market of current age, for the prosperity of business.
Donnie Jonston could be the author of this short article about how you can make funds on Ebay Donnie has many
years of work experience being a writer and in addition working with drop shippers in a very variety of entrepreneurial
ventures.

shockwave behandling

posted June 17, 2014 at 2:22 am

Ortopedisk medicin är diagnosticering och ickeoperativ behandling av rörelseapparatens mjukdelar, muskler, senor, ligament, leder, ledkapslar, bursor samt lesioner i nacke, bröstrygg och ländrygg. Korrekt diagnosställande och direkt insatt åtgärd eller behandling leder till mindre lidande för den enskilde, snabbare återgång till aktivitet och arbete samt mindre belastning av samhällets resurser.

plantarfascitis

posted June 17, 2014 at 3:47 am

Sedan 1989 D

bEnHiNnEiNfLaMmAtIoN GöTeBoRg

posted June 18, 2014 at 4:53 am

Värken kan ibland stråla ut mot handleden och upp mot axeln. Tennisarmbåge kan orsaka problem att greppa med handen samt kraftlöshet i hand/arm.

fotskador

posted June 18, 2014 at 7:35 am

© 2011 – Orto Rehab Dr. Saléns Gata 12 413 22 Göteborg | +46 (0)31 41 64 30 | Info@ortorehab.se | Webmaster: Mkmedia