- Art and Words by Kris Waldherr
- Be in Love Again by Judith Geiger
- Goddess in a Tea Pot by Carolyn Boyd
- The Healing Power of Ritual by Nan Hall Linke
- Memory & Movement by Wickham Boyle
- Midlife Monkey Girls by Caren Monkey
- Midlife Road Trip by Sandi McKenna, Sher Bailey & Rick Griffin
- Motheroot Musings by Mary Saracino
- Oh My Goddess Bloggess by Wendi Knox
- Ruin and Beauty by Deena Metzger, CA
- Seeds for Sanctuary by Dr. Susan Corso
- Spreading the Gaia Word by Phoenix Wolf-Ray
- Starhawk’s Personal Blog
- Tales From the Velvet Chamber by Lillian Slugocki
- The Sustainable Soul: Natural Spirituality by Rebecca Hecking
- Writing for Life by Sandra Lee Schubert
Here are some wise words of inspiration in regard to your relationship to power. Take them in and feel their energy work on you.
The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.
- Alice Walker
The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.
- Maureen Dowd
If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought.
- Peace Pilgrim
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt
I’m not afraid of storms, for I’m learning to sail my ship.
- Louisa May Alcott
When we speak we are afraid our words will not be heard or welcomed.
But when we are silent, we are still afraid.
So it is better to speak.
- Audre Lorde
Find out who you are and do it on purpose.
- Dolly Parton
It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you. Always.
- Oprah Winfrey
When I see the elaborate study and ingenuity displayed by women in the pursuit of trifles, I feel no doubt of their capacity for the most herculean undertakings.
- Julia Ward Howe
But life is a battle: may we all be enabled to fight it well!
- Charlotte Bronte
You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” – Maya Angelou
Women are the only exploited group in history to have been idealized into powerlessness.
- Erica Jong
Men are taught to apologize for their weaknesses, women for their strengths.
- Lois Wyse
Words of Power
I do not wish them to have power over men, but over themselves.
- Mary Wollstonecraft
I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.
- Madonna Ciccone
I am not afraid. I was born to do this.
-Joan of Arc
We never know how high we are
Till we are called to rise;
And then, if we are true to plan,
Our statures touch the skies.
- Emily Dickinson
* Please send me your thoughts about power. Also stories of your own empowerment. When shared, these ideas and examples are extremely inspiring to others. Thanks.
The Queen welcomes questions concerning all issues of interest to women in their mature years. Send your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONSULT THE MIDLIFE MIDWIFE™
Queen Mama Donna offers upbeat, practical and ceremonial guidance for individual women and groups who want to enjoy the fruits of an enriching, influential, purposeful, passionate, and powerful maturity.