- Art and Words by Kris Waldherr
- Be in Love Again by Judith Geiger
- Goddess in a Tea Pot by Carolyn Boyd
- The Healing Power of Ritual by Nan Hall Linke
- Memory & Movement by Wickham Boyle
- Midlife Monkey Girls by Caren Monkey
- Midlife Road Trip by Sandi McKenna, Sher Bailey & Rick Griffin
- Motheroot Musings by Mary Saracino
- Oh My Goddess Bloggess by Wendi Knox
- Ruin and Beauty by Deena Metzger, CA
- Seeds for Sanctuary by Dr. Susan Corso
- Spreading the Gaia Word by Phoenix Wolf-Ray
- Starhawk’s Personal Blog
- Tales From the Velvet Chamber by Lillian Slugocki
- The Sustainable Soul: Natural Spirituality by Rebecca Hecking
- Writing for Life by Sandra Lee Schubert
Gay marriage is finally legal in New York State!
Hearty congratulations to everyone who supports equality, liberty and justice for all.
And heartfelt best wishes for all those brides & brides and grooms & grooms who can now officially tie the knot.
How fitting that this historic decision should come in June. June is the Honey Moonth, traditionally the month for weddings and it is also Gay Pride month. Love is in the air all around! This season has always been celebrated as a juicy time of making whoopy, and also for making plans and commitments for lasting love partnerships.
If you are among those couples who plan to marry, do contact me to discuss your upcoming nuptials. I am a registered clergy, licensed to perform legal weddings. And as a seasoned ceremonialist, I can help you design the rituals to make your wedding an extraordinary spiritual experience.
Ritual is a sacred enactment through which we can connect to the spiritual realm. The need for ritual is a basic human instinct. Ritual channels our need as individuals to be part of something greater than ourselves.
People have a compelling urge to merge with the infinite. Ritual unites us with a larger reality and invokes in us a visceral understanding of such universal paradigms as unity, continuity, connectivity, cycle, and constant change.
Ritual is a symbolic manifestation of our intention. It carries us past our analytical mind and allows us to access universal consciousness directly and viscerally, through our heart.
Ceremony — solitary or shared — offers us a way to relate intimately with the primordial force, and to embrace that sacred power which informs and fuels all existence. Ritual is our lifeline to the divine.
When we set aside quality time and claim the psychic space for ceremony, we are able to transform our perceptions, our perspectives, our experience, our expectations and, in the process, our reality.
Cheers and blessings!
xxQueen Mama Donna
Donna Henes is the author of The Queen of My Self: Stepping into Sovereignty in Midlife. She is the Midlife Midwife™ offering counseling and upbeat, practical and ceremonial guidance for individual women and groups who want to enjoy the fruits of an enriching, influential, purposeful, passionate, and powerful maturity.
Consult the MIDLIFE MIDWIFE™: http://www.donnahenes.net/queen/consult.shtml
The Queen welcomes questions concerning all issues of interest to women in their mature years. Send your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.