- Art and Words by Kris Waldherr
- Be in Love Again by Judith Geiger
- Goddess in a Tea Pot by Carolyn Boyd
- The Healing Power of Ritual by Nan Hall Linke
- Memory & Movement by Wickham Boyle
- Midlife Monkey Girls by Caren Monkey
- Midlife Road Trip by Sandi McKenna, Sher Bailey & Rick Griffin
- Motheroot Musings by Mary Saracino
- Oh My Goddess Bloggess by Wendi Knox
- Ruin and Beauty by Deena Metzger, CA
- Seeds for Sanctuary by Dr. Susan Corso
- Spreading the Gaia Word by Phoenix Wolf-Ray
- Starhawk’s Personal Blog
- Tales From the Velvet Chamber by Lillian Slugocki
- The Sustainable Soul: Natural Spirituality by Rebecca Hecking
- Writing for Life by Sandra Lee Schubert
Busy, busy, busy Queens are we. As much as I adore my work, I sometimes find it frustrating. Often my to-do list is longer at the end of the day than it was when I started in the morning. I was raised with a gross misconception. I was always told that if I worked hard enough, I would get it done. But that is so untrue. I have discovered that the more I do, the more I have to do.
If we are all so busy all of the time, what do we do to regenerate our Selves?
I have created a morning ritual to address this lack of Self-indulgent personal attention to my own wants and needs.
I get up, make tea and take it back to bed where I read for about 30 minutes. (I love to read, but fall asleep after a page when I do it at bedtime.) Then I meditate and go for a walk with the dog followed by either yoga or the gym or just a super long walk. Then my domestic errands: bank, post office, grocery, etc. I eat brunch and I am ready for the day.
I try not to have any appointments until noon. This way, no matter how busy I get or how late at night I write, at least I have done something good for ME. This lovely morning ME time keeps me in mind of honoring my Queen.
The Queen is firm in the Defense of Her time, Her space, Her boundaries, Her priorities, Her preferences, Her ethics, Her needs, Her desires, Her safety, and Her sense of well-being. –QMD
What about you?
What do you do for YOU?
What do you do to soothe, to pamper, to nurture, to center, to calm, to heal, to inspire, to excite your Self?
What do you do for pleasure, for comfort, for healing?
How do you do it?
When do you do it?
And most importantly, do you do it?!
What is YOUR QUEEN TIME like?
I would love to know. Please comment here or send a note to me off-line at email@example.com.
* *** Donna Henes is the author of The Queen of My Self: Stepping into Sovereignty in Midlife. She offers counseling and upbeat, practical and ceremonial guidance for individual women and groups who want to enjoy the fruits of an enriching, influential, purposeful, passionate, and powerful maturity.