- Art and Words by Kris Waldherr
- Be in Love Again by Judith Geiger
- Goddess in a Tea Pot by Carolyn Boyd
- The Healing Power of Ritual by Nan Hall Linke
- Memory & Movement by Wickham Boyle
- Midlife Monkey Girls by Caren Monkey
- Midlife Road Trip by Sandi McKenna, Sher Bailey & Rick Griffin
- Motheroot Musings by Mary Saracino
- Oh My Goddess Bloggess by Wendi Knox
- Ruin and Beauty by Deena Metzger, CA
- Seeds for Sanctuary by Dr. Susan Corso
- Spreading the Gaia Word by Phoenix Wolf-Ray
- Starhawk’s Personal Blog
- Tales From the Velvet Chamber by Lillian Slugocki
- The Sustainable Soul: Natural Spirituality by Rebecca Hecking
- Writing for Life by Sandra Lee Schubert
Dear Sister Queens,
I am back! I took a leave of absence to deal with the immediate and then the long-term effects of Hurricane Sandy. I am glad to say that all is well with me now. And I am pleased that I was able to do my small part in the relief effort. I now return to my normal life. And, of course, this being the first work day of the New Year is an appropriate time to get back on track.
These words are very apropos today. I hope they resonate with you and inspire you to do a review of last year and an intentional look forward to 2013.
I Am the New Year
I am an unspoiled page in your book of time.
I am your next chance at the art of living.
I am your opportunity to practice what you have learned about life during the last twelve months.
All that you sought and didn’t find is hidden in me, waiting for you to search it but with more determination.
All the good that you tried for and didn’t achieve is mine to grant when you have fewer conflicting desires.
All that you dreamed but didn’t dare to do, all that you hoped but did not will, all the faith that you claimed but did not have – these slumber lightly, waiting to be awakened by the touch of a strong purpose.
I extend best blessings to you all for a year that is fruitful, fulfilling and fortunate in every way.
xxQueen Mama Donna Henes
Tune in Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 9 PM EST
for my interview with Karen Tate on Voices of the Sacred Feminine Radio.
Tired of all the doomsday talk?
Urban Shaman and Priestess Queen Mama Donna Henes will discuss the Global Ascendance and how the New
Era we are entering is the re-empowerment of the Feminine Divine. Also, the role of women as activists, how protest is good for you, and refocusing our energy on health creativity, and spirituality.
Donna Henes is the author of The Queen of My Self: Stepping into Sovereignty in Midlife. She offers counseling and upbeat, practical and ceremonial guidance for individual women and groups who want to enjoy the fruits of an enriching, influential, purposeful, passionate, and powerful maturity. Consult the MIDLIFE MIDWIFE™
The Queen welcomes questions concerning all issues of interest to women in their mature years. Send your inquiries to email@example.com.