- Art and Words by Kris Waldherr
- Be in Love Again by Judith Geiger
- Goddess in a Tea Pot by Carolyn Boyd
- The Healing Power of Ritual by Nan Hall Linke
- Memory & Movement by Wickham Boyle
- Midlife Monkey Girls by Caren Monkey
- Midlife Road Trip by Sandi McKenna, Sher Bailey & Rick Griffin
- Motheroot Musings by Mary Saracino
- Oh My Goddess Bloggess by Wendi Knox
- Ruin and Beauty by Deena Metzger, CA
- Seeds for Sanctuary by Dr. Susan Corso
- Spreading the Gaia Word by Phoenix Wolf-Ray
- Starhawk’s Personal Blog
- Tales From the Velvet Chamber by Lillian Slugocki
- The Sustainable Soul: Natural Spirituality by Rebecca Hecking
- Writing for Life by Sandra Lee Schubert
Queen Sue Kearny of Oakland, California is the winner of The Queen of My Self book giveaway. Congratulations!
Are you in your middle years or about to enter them? Are you living your true potential and following your fondest dreams? If not, why not? And if not now, when?
Now is the time to leave behind old patterns that no longer serve you and to make way for the Queen — that wonderful midlife stage of meaning, moxie, and majesty that is rightfully yours to enjoy.
We are now, after some months of silence, resuming our blog adventure. I see it as a royal expedition, a noble quest to access the fullness of our mature presence, purpose and passion in midlife and beyond.
I offer my services as the been-there-done-that advance scout, sharing my own experience in affirmative aging in the hopes that it will be inspiring and useful as we chart our course toward personal sovereignty. The Queen, supreme archetypal paradigm of mature female potency, will be our esteemed role model, mentor and guide.
The Queen teaches by example and also by metaphor. On this blog you will share the stories of women, mine included, throughout time and from many different societies, situations and stations who have successfully crossed the hard divide and created daring and dynamic lives for themselves.
These compelling herstories will be interwoven with folklore, poetry, myth, practical suggestions, exercises, affirmations, celebrations, rituals and invocations. And most importantly, interaction. You comments, ideas, suggestions, discussions are all encouraged.
Ultimately, I envision this blog to be a virtual Queen’s Court, populated by active, engaged, excited, experienced, empowered and extraordinarily excellent mature women.
The more Queenly I become, the more I desire to be in the company of other Queens. Please join me on this journey to sovereignty.
Donna Henes is the author of The Queen of My Self: Stepping into Sovereignty in Midlife. She offers counseling and upbeat, practical and ceremonial guidance for individual women and groups who want to enjoy the fruits of an enriching, influential, purposeful, passionate, and powerful maturity. Consult the MIDLIFE MIDWIFE™
The Queen welcomes questions concerning all issues of interest to women in their mature years. Send your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.