- Art and Words by Kris Waldherr
- Be in Love Again by Judith Geiger
- Goddess in a Tea Pot by Carolyn Boyd
- The Healing Power of Ritual by Nan Hall Linke
- Memory & Movement by Wickham Boyle
- Midlife Monkey Girls by Caren Monkey
- Midlife Road Trip by Sandi McKenna, Sher Bailey & Rick Griffin
- Motheroot Musings by Mary Saracino
- Oh My Goddess Bloggess by Wendi Knox
- Ruin and Beauty by Deena Metzger, CA
- Seeds for Sanctuary by Dr. Susan Corso
- Spreading the Gaia Word by Phoenix Wolf-Ray
- Starhawk’s Personal Blog
- Tales From the Velvet Chamber by Lillian Slugocki
- The Sustainable Soul: Natural Spirituality by Rebecca Hecking
- Writing for Life by Sandra Lee Schubert
I adore Our Lady of Guadalupe. I admire the creative images, amulets, and altars that She inspires. And I especially love the passionate adoration bestowed upon her by Her legions of devotees, among whom I am one.
My huge loft is filled with folk and fine art representations of Her and every surface is a shrine in Her honor. When, twenty years ago, my mother first visited me in this location she was dumbfounded. “What is a nice Jewish girl doing with so many Marys?” (Nice? Jewish? Me?)
Guadalupe is not now, nor has She ever been Mary, Mother of God. She IS God. She is the holy Feminine Divine. A living goddess who is fervently worshipped as such by millions and millions of folks today.
December 12 is the feast day of the Mexican Guadalupe who is now designated the patron saint of the Americas by the Catholic Church. But Her reign predates the Hispanic takeover of Mexico.
Her image is always encased in a halo of sun rays, making Her a Solstice Queen. Which makes today the first day of the solstice season.
Sending blessings of light in the dark,
xxQueen Mama Donna
If you are in the NYC area, please join more to celebrate the Winter Solstice
Wednesday 11:45 PM
37th ANNUAL WINTER SOULSTICE CELEBRATION
KEEPING THE SPIRIT FIRES BURNING
With Mama Donna Henes, Urban Shaman & Friends
The Winter Solstice is as dark as it gets! The light will now begin its slow return to the Northern hemisphere. Let us drum back the sun and reignite the light in our hearts. Let us shine our spirit on the whole world!
This is a family friendly event. Kids and dogs are welcome. Please bring a candle in a glass container, drums, percussions and lots and lots of spirit.
RAIN OR SHINE!
Mama Donna Plaza (AKA Grand Army Plaza) at the Fountain
Park Slope, Exotic Brooklyn, NY
2/3 subway to Grand Army Plaza
For info: 718-857-1343
Donna Henes is the author of The Queen of My Self: Stepping into Sovereignty in Midlife. She is the Midlife Midwife™ offering counseling and upbeat, practical and ceremonial guidance for individual women and groups who want to enjoy the fruits of an enriching, influential, purposeful, passionate, and powerful maturity. Consult the MIDLIFE MIDWIFE™
The Queen welcomes questions concerning all issues of interest to women in their mature years. Send your inquiries to email@example.com.