- Art and Words by Kris Waldherr
- Be in Love Again by Judith Geiger
- Goddess in a Tea Pot by Carolyn Boyd
- The Healing Power of Ritual by Nan Hall Linke
- Memory & Movement by Wickham Boyle
- Midlife Monkey Girls by Caren Monkey
- Midlife Road Trip by Sandi McKenna, Sher Bailey & Rick Griffin
- Motheroot Musings by Mary Saracino
- Oh My Goddess Bloggess by Wendi Knox
- Ruin and Beauty by Deena Metzger, CA
- Seeds for Sanctuary by Dr. Susan Corso
- Spreading the Gaia Word by Phoenix Wolf-Ray
- Starhawk’s Personal Blog
- Tales From the Velvet Chamber by Lillian Slugocki
- The Sustainable Soul: Natural Spirituality by Rebecca Hecking
- Writing for Life by Sandra Lee Schubert
Blessings, one and all, for a New Year filled with promise. May you continue along your path to Self-sovereignty with purpose, passion, and power. With Queenly aplomb.
May you live as a Fully Realized Woman.
With blessings of new beginnings,
xxQueen Mama Donna
Meditation for the Fully Realized Woman
By Karen Andes, CA
I am a BEAUTIFUL WOMAN,
with a beauty that doesn’t wash off.
I earned it, unearthed it,
rescued it like a jewel in the dust,
picked it up and made it shine.
For years, I did not see it,
though I sensed it was there.
Now it dazzles and thrives.
I am healthy, capable, independent,
strong yet still so fragile, floored by a sigh.
My body is that of a creator
— angles meeting curves, hardness drifting into soft.
I am mother, daughter, sister, lover to myself.
Embraceable and brave, I extend my heart.
My body is home, my home a shrine to life,
comfortable, warm and rich with treasures.
Mine is the scent of hit spices caught in a breeze,
mine the laughter that wings through the door.
I share myself only with those who honor me as I am
and protect myself, my house, and my time from invaders.
I search for my center in the midst of chaos,
practice peace as wild dogs clamor in my mind.
I use power for the greater good,
release rage in neutral settings,
with no one innocent in the line of fire.
I am learning how to persist and when to let go,
am willing to feel all emotion stop their depths and exaltations,
to wake up in every nerve
and no longer am afraid of my life.
Both my beauty and strength
transcend age, time, and perhaps even this lifetime.
Each day I am new, yet more at home in myself.
Moment by moment, I create my world
Donna Henes is the author of The Queen of My Self: Stepping into Sovereignty in Midlife. She is the Midlife Midwife™ offering counseling and upbeat, practical and ceremonial guidance for individual women and groups who want to enjoy the fruits of an enriching, influential, purposeful, passionate, and powerful maturity. Consult the MIDLIFE MIDWIFE™
The Queen welcomes questions concerning all issues of interest to women in their mature years. Send your inquiries to email@example.com.