Their Bad Mother

Their Bad Mother

Hold Me Closer, Tiny Dancer

posted by Catherine Connors

Emilia had her first dance recital this past weekend. There really are no words for how it feels to watch your daughter – your little girl! your baby! – walk away from you and then reappear on a brightly lit stage, dancing and stomping her little heart out, dancing and stomping for you and for a vast, anonymous audience.

Is this how it starts? Is it now that she starts reaching out to a world beyond me, belonging to a world beyond me?

She’s the one in the pink wetsuit. You know: the one who breaks your heart.

Oof.

pagansister

posted June 17, 2009 at 12:09 pm

Totally cute!!

Jo

posted June 17, 2009 at 1:54 pm

So sweet!

Heidi

posted June 17, 2009 at 2:54 pm

Very stinking adorably cute.

Redneck Mommy

posted June 17, 2009 at 2:54 pm

Dear Lawd I miss my Mia.
Please give her big Redneck kisses from her Auntie T.

Lindsay Lebresco (Graco)

posted June 17, 2009 at 2:59 pm

OK- so maybe getting your daughter into dance isn’t that bad (I’ve never been a big fan of dance recitals) because when it’s your adorable kid, there aren’t words big enough to describe the cuteness!!!
My DD is 2 1/2 looks like I’m headed this way in the fall! (love the new site!)

Rhonda

posted June 17, 2009 at 3:08 pm

Yes dear thats how it starts.. you will turn around and she will be 18, wanting to move out, getting a tattoo.. enjoy every second you have.

J from Ireland

posted June 17, 2009 at 6:50 pm

That is the cutest child in the whole group!!
I don’t know why but everytime I watch my children perform, I get so emotional and cry. My kids have come to expect that from me and as long as I don’t make a show of them their fine. I tell them that my bladder got closer to my eyes since I had kids.

MrsVladdevlor

posted June 17, 2009 at 8:35 pm

Absolutely adorable!! :)

Catharine

posted June 17, 2009 at 9:18 pm

Enjoy it while you can. They don’t stay that young and delicious for very long.

Lady M

posted June 17, 2009 at 11:35 pm

Deliciously cute!

Irene

posted June 18, 2009 at 7:48 am

She nearly broke my heart too. What a sweet adorable little girl you’ve got. Be always proud of her.

supertiff

posted June 18, 2009 at 12:25 pm

she is clearly the most talented child of all time.

gurukarm (@karma_musings)

posted June 18, 2009 at 1:05 pm

Wowzer. On the one hand? SO cute! On the other? She’s the only one I can watch w/out wondering “WHAT were those parents thinking???” in re their clothing. Or lack thereof.

PineappleBabble

posted June 26, 2009 at 7:49 pm

DH and I were actually talking about dance recitals for the Pineapple last night while watching So You Think You Can Dance…I. CANNOT. WAIT. I can’t wait until she’s in a little outfit, struttin’ her stuff (in a wholesome way, of course) for crowds of cheering fans (i.e. parents who are too busy looking at their own wee ones to concentrate on my sweetest of Pineapples). Your little girl is soooo cute! CONGRATS!

More Blogs To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Their Bad Mother. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Inspiration Report Life As A Concious Mom Happy Reading!!!

posted 4:50:01pm Jul. 05, 2012 | read full post »

The Road To Heaven Is Paved With Maracas
Last weekend, I went to Mass for the first time in well over a decade. To say that it was a strange and disorienting experience would be to understate things dramatically. But it was also a deeply comforting and familiar experience. I know that that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, but in my exp

posted 9:30:01am Mar. 09, 2011 | read full post »

Dear God (On The Catholic Church And Abuse And Evil And Crises Of Faith)
This weekend, I read an article in New York Times Magazine about the crisis surrounding the Catholic Church in Ireland as new, horrible, stories emerge about sexual abuse of children and efforts by the Church to cover up those stories. It was a teensy bit upsetting. So I started to write a post abou

posted 1:34:44pm Feb. 16, 2011 | read full post »

Buy Yourself Roses For Valentine's Day
You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection. -- Buddha

posted 9:07:07am Feb. 10, 2011 | read full post »

There But For A Rocking Chair: On Love and Fear and Keeping Our Children Safe
Before Emilia was born, I fussed endlessly about babyproofing. Never mind that it would be months before she would even enter the world, let alone move around it and find its electrical outlets: I was convinced that when it came to babies, there was no such thing as too many precautions taken too so

posted 6:46:18pm Dec. 16, 2010 | read full post »