The Prophet of Pop

The Prophet of Pop

Lady Gaga’s Inspiring New Commercial!

posted by S. Russ

Hit “Like” to share this post with your friends!

Many of you might have wondered why I write about Lady Gaga so often.  Believe it or not, it isn’t just because she is controversial or because she is willing to talk religion.  The main reason I follow her is evidenced in the new commercial for Google Chrome:

YouTube Preview Image

Lady Gaga, like her or not, flat out inspires people.  Her music and her personality communicates joy and hope to a wide variety of people from all walks of life.  At times she does love to push people’s buttons, but more than that she seeks to inspire her fans and to give them something new to be excited about.

There’s a lot to be said for that.

Related – Lady Gaga, Japan, and Prayer

Follow the Prophet of Pop on Twitter and on Facebook!

Tamara

posted June 1, 2011 at 8:32 pm

I’ve really enjoyed all of the new Chrome commercials. My favorite so far is the one of the Dad who e-mailed his daughter from birth on. This Chrome campaign has captured a poignancy, for sure.

Gayle

posted June 2, 2011 at 11:32 am

Lady Gaga does everthing but inspire me. She is nausiating to say the least. I would never allow my children to watch her or buy her music. She is a horrible role model for our children. She should be banned from TV until she can learn how to dress and how to conduct herself. I am apalled at American Idol for allowing her to be on two of their shows this season. She is degrading America more than it already is. Her actions on American Idol were so vile they could not even show it on daytime programs.

Artist

posted June 2, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Lady Gaga is a Santanist Wake Up people, have you paid attention to all those New Era symbols she does with her eyes, and hands? Have anyone paid attention to the Lyrics in her music specially the latest one that she talks about Juda and disses Jesus. You shouldn’t be Inspired by her on the contrary you should be Aware, and Careful with her influence and music over you.

God bless you all.

Artist

posted June 2, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Lady Gaga is a Satanist Wake Up people, have you paid attention to all those New Era symbols she does with her eyes, and hands? Have anyone paid attention to the Lyrics in her music specially the latest one that she talks about Juda and disses Jesus. You shouldn’t be Inspired by her on the contrary you should be Aware, and Careful with her influence and music over you.

God bless you all.

Linda

posted June 3, 2011 at 10:56 am

Not sure where you get the idea of Lady Gaga bringing joy & being inspirational – sad that a ‘Christian’ website thinks this – you need a dose of reality of what she really stands for & I wholeheartedly agree that she is not the role model our youth should be emulating – you are misled and obviously have been seduced by her antics. So disappointed in this site that I no longer wish to receive your newsletter. Gaga needs Jesus – sad that you think otherwise!

The Prophet

posted June 3, 2011 at 11:11 am

If you watch the video you will see the joy that Lady Gaga’s music brings to her fans. That’s why I chose to post the video. Also, Beliefnet is not affiliated with any specific religion.

-The Prophet

Allison

posted June 3, 2011 at 11:32 am

Lady Gaga’s music does bring joy to her fans. Sometimes, there may be only one person/artist/singer/poet that can get through to a person and make them feel better about life in general. Lady Gaga does that for many of us. I enjoy her music, and while I’m not the biggest fan of her lifestyle, her songs do put a smile on my face. I’m a psuedo-monster.

Todd

posted June 3, 2011 at 11:52 am

I have to agree with Allison. The video does show the inspiration that Gaga brings to her many fans. While I’m not one of those fans (of her music or lifestyle), I love to see somebody being able to move so many in a positive way. Some may say she’s not appropriate for children, and that’s okay. Adults like to be inspired too :)

Chet Andrews

posted June 4, 2011 at 1:49 am

I think this reviewer (Adam R. Holz) encapsulates what really drives Gaga:

“Past all the glitz and glamour and Madonna-esque efforts to shock, Gaga hints at a deep void in her own soul that she struggles to fill. “I’m a soldier to my own emptiness,” she sings on “Marry the Night.” And even though she’s playing the role of a teenage girl when she sings “I want lots of friends that invite me to their parties” on “Hair,” you get the sense that she’s talking about her own life too.

For all of Gaga’s deliberate, problematic provocation—and there’s no shortage of that here—Born This Way paints a picture of a talented, tormented woman who’s unsure whether love, sex or God is what she needs most.”

Pingback: Weird Al Takes On Lady Gaga With “Perform This Way” - The Prophet of Pop

YS92

posted November 12, 2011 at 11:36 pm

I think it’s a beautiful video. Almost tear jerking.
You lot /are/ aware that Lady Gaga is a Christian, yes? There is video documentation of her giving God and Jesus the glory for her swift and wide spread success. Yes, her videos are raunchy, sexy and no, not appropriate for children, but she is not a bad person. Good people can lead those sorts of life styles. God said love thy neighbor, and I think she is one of the few people in this world who knows what that means. She is not a satanist. She is trying to send a message of love and acceptance. I’m willing to bet many of you haven’t bothered to hear what she has to say about her music, and if you have, you’re picking and choosing what you hear, because she’s different and is a good person in a shell that you dislike. I think that is the real tragedy and I hope Christ would open your eyes so you could see past that shell and into the beautiful heart that He created her with.
I’ve been silent about the persecution of Gaga for quite some time, and it’s getting embarrassing, as I realize how intolerant and sometimes /hateful/ my Christian brothers and sisters can be.
I certainly don’t mean to offend, I love you all. God bless.

This "Sexy And I Know It" Cover Is Life Changing
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsvlsuLau5c[/youtube] This rad cover of "Sexy And I Know It" by LMFAO is currently blowing up the internet and blowing ladies' minds. Turns out this guy looks a lot like me, and he is from South Carolina where I lived for many, many years. I am starting to

posted 9:43:05am May. 15, 2012 | read full post »

A Fond Farewell to the Sing-Off - or, WHAT!?! There Goes Another One of My Favorite Shows
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOKuAigsrec[/youtube] I would love to be able to stick my head in the sand like a TV executive. Now, granted, I don't know too much about what they do, but I know one thing that they do - make decisions that don't seem to make any amount of common sense.

posted 9:15:20am May. 15, 2012 | read full post »

Hot Problems - The Best Song Ever
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__HeE6NWmDE&feature=share[/youtube] I can relate to this.  Hot dudes have problems too.  I'm just glad someone was brave enough to speak about this powerful message.

posted 11:29:09am Apr. 20, 2012 | read full post »

Lionel Richie... What Are You Doing??
Pop and R&B legend Lionel Richie has suddenly popped on the charts again.  I love me some Lionel, and have since his glory days in the '80s, so I was excited to see what he had going on. I wish I hadn't.  Here's why: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAqz0AwLRjk&ob=av2e[/youtub

posted 4:12:07pm Apr. 19, 2012 | read full post »

Why Couples Should Watch Ice Loves Coco
I love my wife, and my wife loves reality television.  Generally I will play a video game or read a book while she watches the Kardashians, Say Yes to the Dress, and similar programs.  Those shows aren't really my thing, I'm more of a Justified/South Park/ kind of fellow.  Lately she has really g

posted 10:41:31am Apr. 18, 2012 | read full post »