The Prophet of Pop

The Prophet of Pop

Is Jennifer Lopez Leaving American Idol?

posted by S. Russ

Hit “Like” to share this with your friends!

Despite intimate involvement in this years American Idol resurgence, emotional judge Jennifer Lopez may not return for a second season.  It seems that the “most beautiful woman in the world” may choose instead to return to acting, while continuing to make pop records.  J-Lo had previously signed a year contract valued at 12 million dollars, which sounds an awful lot like my contract with Beliefnet!

This would be a huge blow to a show that seemed revitalized last season thanks in part to a slick new cast of judges.  The three of them had solid chemistry, and Lopez was able to become attached to the contestants without seeming as crazy as Paula Abdul or as frigid as Kara Dioguardi.  At least it seems J-Lo wouldn’t be leaving the show in a blaze of controversy like those two did, but it certainly would look like she used American Idol just to remind the world that Jennifer Lopez exists.

If that’s the case then well played J-Lo, well played.

Related – American Idol James Durbin Heads Home

Follow the Prophet of Pop on Twitter and on Facebook!

gloria taber

posted August 18, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I really hope Jennifer Lopez doesn’t leave American Idol. She has been an excellent judge in my opinion. And I wasn’t sure I’d be saying that when she was announced as a judge. But I was wrong. She has been genuinely in touch with the contestants. And honestly very helpful to them. Please stay, Jennifer. I don’t want X Factor to be the only SINGING competition on tv. I don’t want to watch that one because of the traitors, Simon and Paula who deserted the show. Please stay and help keep Idol going strong.

Trudy Miller

posted September 15, 2011 at 1:30 pm

I too hope that Jennifer comes back to American Idol but there is plenty of other great female singers like: Cher, Madonna, Pat Benatar, Adele, Fergie, Britney Spears, Miranda Lambert, Reba, Shania Twain, Carrie Underwood, Martina McBride just to name a few so it will be ok if she decides to move on.

Ron

posted January 17, 2012 at 3:09 am

Steve Tyler can leave if he wants to, not a good choice for American Idol. I will not be watching it, with Steve Tyler now a Judge and Paula and Simon gone it will be lower quality rated show.

sue

posted February 16, 2012 at 9:49 pm

She needs to leave and so does randy because african americans don’t stand a chance in H as long as they are there I saw a lot of great african american singers and they got cut and no the others wasnt better they need to stop supporting the show and wasting their time trying out because they are not going to be picked must less win they will probably have twelve whites and their quota of 3 or 4 at the most

nanaN

posted May 16, 2012 at 8:51 pm

WHO CARES!

Dixie

posted May 16, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Thought she was going to be good but she bombed this season. Eewwww…. Just too swayed immediately by the contestants and then gushes all over her favorites beyond belief. Get all of them out of there. They will ruin American Idol if they all continue…..

Carol

posted May 16, 2012 at 10:03 pm

WHO CARES. IF I NEVER SEE HER ON TV, ADS OR WHATEVER IT WILL BE TOO SOON. CAN’T STAND HER. GOOD RIDDANCE.

sandy

posted May 16, 2012 at 10:12 pm

I really hope she comesa back she brings such class and really cares about the contestants it won’t be the same without her

Brenda

posted May 16, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Changing it up abit adds to the spice. I agree with one other comment….add another great female singer to offer another side to American Idol. Unfortunately, Whitney is no longer with us.

C. I.

posted May 16, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Maybe she wants to settle down and marry that little boy she’s involved with.

bre

posted May 16, 2012 at 10:20 pm

I do not think Jen should leave American Idol . She IS AWSUME !!! she knows the business , I would NEVER want to see PAULA back she was”‘always sooo buzzed” by the end of the show!!! Am I the ‘only 1 ” that seen that??

Nascar

posted May 16, 2012 at 10:35 pm

I really feel she’s made enough on American Idol ~ time to leave! SO TIRED of her gushing over her favorite BOYS! I thought this was supposed to be a GIRLS’ year! What happened? There were some GREAT girls this year, but these judges only pimped the boys ~ and especially JLO!!! Buh-bye ~ enjoy your millions elsewhere!

David

posted May 16, 2012 at 11:21 pm

All celebrities have their 15 minutes of fame, so even if Jennifer leaves Idol, the shows producers won’t have any trouble replacing her. And when they do, the show will continue on the same as it always has. There are no winners or losers if she leaves the show. In a couple years from now, no one will even care any more.

Mike

posted May 16, 2012 at 11:56 pm

J-LO, go already. She is incredibly inconsistent in her advice to the contestants. One week she tells one she wants to see their emotion, the next time she’ll tell the same person the performance was too emotional and they should be having fun with the songs. She’s an idiot, wouldn’t miss her at all.

carol anderson

posted May 17, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Please Jennifer we America do not want to see you leave–YOU ARE THE BEST““““`

This "Sexy And I Know It" Cover Is Life Changing
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsvlsuLau5c[/youtube] This rad cover of "Sexy And I Know It" by LMFAO is currently blowing up the internet and blowing ladies' minds. Turns out this guy looks a lot like me, and he is from South Carolina where I lived for many, many years. I am starting to

posted 9:43:05am May. 15, 2012 | read full post »

A Fond Farewell to the Sing-Off - or, WHAT!?! There Goes Another One of My Favorite Shows
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOKuAigsrec[/youtube] I would love to be able to stick my head in the sand like a TV executive. Now, granted, I don't know too much about what they do, but I know one thing that they do - make decisions that don't seem to make any amount of common sense.

posted 9:15:20am May. 15, 2012 | read full post »

Hot Problems - The Best Song Ever
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__HeE6NWmDE&feature=share[/youtube] I can relate to this.  Hot dudes have problems too.  I'm just glad someone was brave enough to speak about this powerful message.

posted 11:29:09am Apr. 20, 2012 | read full post »

Lionel Richie... What Are You Doing??
Pop and R&B legend Lionel Richie has suddenly popped on the charts again.  I love me some Lionel, and have since his glory days in the '80s, so I was excited to see what he had going on. I wish I hadn't.  Here's why: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAqz0AwLRjk&ob=av2e[/youtub

posted 4:12:07pm Apr. 19, 2012 | read full post »

Why Couples Should Watch Ice Loves Coco
I love my wife, and my wife loves reality television.  Generally I will play a video game or read a book while she watches the Kardashians, Say Yes to the Dress, and similar programs.  Those shows aren't really my thing, I'm more of a Justified/South Park/ kind of fellow.  Lately she has really g

posted 10:41:31am Apr. 18, 2012 | read full post »