Sweet Shore

Sweet Shore

Gone Home to Jesus

posted by Nora Puls
This Marine was a friend of a friend’s daughter (belonged to a Bible Study with them)…and that’s as close as I’ve personally been to one of these brave men who have been lost…Rest in Jesus’ arms, SSgt Lucas–Your battle is over.
Home

Leon H. Lucas Jr.

Sept. 20, 1978 — Aug. 1, 2011
lucas.jpg

SSgt. Leon H. Lucas Jr., 32, of the U.S. Marine Corps was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 4th Marine Regiment, Twentynine Palms, Calif. SSgt. Lucas served as an Infantryman in the U.S. Marine Corps and deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom to Afghanistan. During this deployment and while in service for his country, SSgt. Lucas entered into the presence of his savior, Christ Jesus. He was fatally wounded in action in the Helmand Province, Afghanistan and succumbed to his injuries approximately 12 hours later, and died at 6:28 p.m. on Aug.1, 2011.
He is survived by his wife, Mary; sons, Leon Tyson, Zachary Kent and expectant child; his father, Leon H. Lucas, and mother, Teresa K. Lucas, both of Wilson; three sisters, Ericka Lucas and Deborah Lucas, both of Wilson, Tabitha and husband, Adrian Burden, of Morehead City; nieces, Elesha Lucas of Wilson, and Jasmine Burden of Morehead City; several loving uncles, aunts, cousins, and numerous special friends.
The service will be held Monday, Aug. 8, 2011 at noon at Grace Baptist Church, 114 Roosevelt Road, Jacksonville. The burial will follow in the Coastal Carolina State Veterans Cemetery.
Funeral arrangements will be handled by Jones Funeral Home, Jacksonville.

helen

posted September 4, 2011 at 3:23 am

May God bless you and your family. You died for your country and your ideals. I salute you Sir!!!!

GHL in Georgia

posted September 2, 2011 at 1:06 pm

May he Rest in Peace in the presence of his Lord and Savior. My deepest sympathy to his wife, children, parents and all family members and friends who loved Leon. I pray the Rosary daily for all our troops, especially those serving in harm’s way; and in a special way for the holy souls of those who have given their lives in defense of our freedom.

CARMELA

posted September 1, 2011 at 11:03 pm

TO THE LUCAS FAMILY,
I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LOSS OF YOUR HUSBAND AND FATHER,MAY GOD BE WITH YOU ALL IN THIS SAD AND SORROWFUL TIME.PLEASE KNOW THAT I AM WITH YOU “ALL” DURING THIS HARD TIME,YOU’RE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS,MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS
AND
MAY GOD BLESS,
CARMELA
P.S.—
BEST OF LUCK ON YOUR NEW LITTLE ONE,PLEASE LET US KNOW HOW EVERYTHING GOES AND WHAT THE LITTLE ONE IS?!!!

Katherine Hunt

posted September 1, 2011 at 11:23 am

Thank you for your sacrifice.May you live on in the hearts of those who knew you and those you touched.

Curt Webster

posted September 1, 2011 at 10:01 am

My deepest respect to Mr. Lucas. Me and my family will pray for him and his family. What a hero.

Bill Allen

posted September 1, 2011 at 9:23 am

Thank you for your unselfish service and God bless your soul.

LaVon Komarek

posted August 31, 2011 at 12:14 am

Thank you for the supreme sacrifice. I will keep your family lifted up to the Lord. I am at the present praying PSalm 91 for Bryce in Afgahnistan. He also has a young family at home. A new baby. Thank you to all who go and all who are left at home waiting for them. As a military wife from the Vietnam era , I stand with all families. My love and prayers to out to them.

Paul Casey

posted August 30, 2011 at 11:24 pm

Though you are in the arms of Jesus, this is a tough time for your family. I pray that He protects them and they turn to Him for solace and peace. Well done good and faithful servant. And thanks for your sacrifice!

Jean DeRoest

posted August 30, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Your presence with Jesus will be felt. May your family feel you with them as they complete their journey here without you. Thank you for all you did in a service that you believed in. God bless

Tina Miller

posted August 30, 2011 at 6:39 pm

May God be of constant comfort and strength to all who love you SSgt. Lucas. You will forever be remember for the hero you are, rest in peace with our Lord & Savior. Semper Fi

LINDA

posted August 30, 2011 at 6:30 pm

MAY GOD LOOK AFTER THE FAMILY AND HELP TAKE THE PAIN OF THEIR LOSS..GOD BLESS THE UNBORN CHILD WHO WILL LEARN WHAT A COURAGEOUS FATHER HE HAD. LORD TAKE THIS HERO IN YOUR ARMS..THANK YOU FOR PROTECTING OUR COUNTRY!!

tracy willis

posted August 30, 2011 at 6:30 pm

May GOD bless them and comfort them in thier time of need AMEN

Janet

posted August 30, 2011 at 5:44 pm

God bless…you are at peace now and in the care of our savoir Jesus Christ xx

Brenda Parks

posted August 30, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Rest in peace SSgt. Lucas, may God bless and keep your family in this sad and most difficult time. You and your loved ones are in my prayers. “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and your staff, they comfort me” Psalm 23:4 Remember,none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. If we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.” Romans 14:7-8 Peace and Love

Aretha Cato

posted August 30, 2011 at 4:41 pm

My prayers goes out to his family and friends. His service and dedication will not go unnoticed.
Aretha

Sandra Yeager

posted August 30, 2011 at 4:08 pm

God Bless his family

Oma

posted August 30, 2011 at 2:23 pm

You are a Hero in my eyes. Thank you for what you did for me and my family and friends. May you now rest in the arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. May God bless all your family and your many friends.
I always pray every day that God will take care of all who in the military.

Pam Mitchell

posted August 30, 2011 at 1:43 pm

To your family, Thank you for giving the ultimate gift to our country. May God be with you during this most difficult time. Lean on Jesus and He will be with you to hold you and strengthen you and bless you and give you peace. Be proud of your Marine and all those like him who are giving the total gift to our nation and to all of us who benefit from their sacrifice. God Bless you.

Tiffany

posted August 30, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Thank you SSGT Lucas for all that you sacrificed for me & my loved ones. I pray that God’s loving arms comfort & keep your family. You’re a soldier in the Army of the Lord now.Rest in peace.

Larry "Ducky" Self

posted August 30, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Rest well my Borther. Our God is pleased with your service and has called you home to be with him everlasting. God Bless your family and let them always remember how Blessed you were. You live with our Heavenly Father now, You will be watching over them with our Father in Heaven. God Bless you.

Larry "Ducky" Self

posted August 30, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Rest well my brother Lucas. Our Lord is pleased with your service and has called you home to him. God Bless all your family and may he give them the strength to go on and always know that you are home with Our Father. God Bless you.

kathy

posted August 30, 2011 at 12:58 pm

just wanted to let you know that my prayers and thoughts are with you. he is in very good hands.

a military Mom

posted August 30, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Thank you for your service,Rest in the arms of Jesus, my prayers and thoughts to his family and friends

sandra

posted August 30, 2011 at 11:32 am

To the family and friend’s of Leon Lucas Jr I’am so sorry about your loss.

martha romero

posted August 30, 2011 at 11:10 am

My son’s high school was killed in action
1 year ago (Cpl Claudio Patino) Yorba Linda, ca. I do thank Sgt’s Leon’s family for their great sacrafice for me. I trust that the LORD is comforting you and that HIS words
continue to confirm what you knew about your sson, husband, father, uncle Sgt Leon. This wwas his calling. May GOD’s grace, mercy, goodnedd and kindness continue to overflow for you.

Kimberly Moore

posted August 30, 2011 at 10:58 am

Rest in peace Leon H. Lucas, Jr. I pray your family finds peace in knowing you are with God and that you will all be together someday. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service to our country. I’m sorry there can’t be peace in the world so that no person has to die in war. God bless you and your family.

Kristal Smith

posted August 30, 2011 at 10:43 am

RIP Hero! God bless the Lucas family

Christine

posted August 30, 2011 at 9:30 am

God Bless his family and friends, and give them strength, to get through this. The Lord is close to thoses, whoes hearts are breaking.

Mary Craddock

posted August 30, 2011 at 9:12 am

To Leon’s family, May God bless and keep you.Leon gave his live so that we could live in a free world. He is very much appreciated.He gave so much,you lost so much.You are in my daily prayers. In sincere sympathy, Mary C

Will

posted August 30, 2011 at 8:43 am

Thank you for your service and sacrifice to our country. May God Bless and keep you and your family.

Rob Kidd

posted August 30, 2011 at 8:41 am

God Bless this great american and his family

john lewis

posted August 30, 2011 at 6:50 am

GOD PLEASE GIVE HIS FAMILYBLESSING IN THIS THIR HARDEST OF TIMES! GOD REST HIS SOUL.LORD KEEP HIM AT YOUR SIDE LORD.I WANT TO THANK HIM FOR GIVING HIS ALL FOR ME AND OUR COUNTRY ,YOU WILL NEVER BE FOGOTTEN GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS ALWAYS IN ALWAYS! REST NOW MY BROTHER !JOHN LEWIS AND FAMILY

LEROY TESKE

posted August 30, 2011 at 4:30 am

SLEEP WELL IN JESUS ARMS SGT. LUCAS.

Theresa Santoro

posted August 30, 2011 at 4:04 am

He lived as a hero, and took his last breath as a hero. His children will always have that honor for their dad. HERO. May the peace of the Lord be with his entire family, troops, friends, and all that had the honor of being in the presence of a true American Patriot. He paid the ultimate price for my freedom, and I will be eternally grateful. Rest in peace, soldier… rest in peace. You fought the good fight.