Stuff Christian Culture Likes

Stuff Christian Culture Likes

auf Wiedersehen

posted by Stephanie Drury

My contract with Beliefnet is up and I’ll be back on my own ad-free domain again. Beliefnet has been really lovely to me and I appreciate their letting me write whatever I want without trying to censor anything. I will be back on my blogger domain sometime this week, after I figure out how to export everything….

love,
stephy

petros

posted February 21, 2011 at 9:48 pm

I am heartily sorry that you won’t be posting here anymore. Please tell us how to access your new location…
peace

Still Breathing

posted February 22, 2011 at 5:46 am

Good luck with the move!

MH

posted February 22, 2011 at 7:50 am

Thanks and good luck. The posts have been fun.

Steve

posted February 22, 2011 at 7:54 am

I look forward to seeing you on the other side!
I also look forward to not having these annoying ads popping up all the time!
I also look forward to not having to do Captcha any more!!!!!

stephanie drury

posted February 22, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Thanks guys. Beliefnet said this URL will route to my own domain (http://stuffchristianculturelikes.com) after the transition is complete. And just think, no more animated muffin tops on the site!

ciao bella but not for long I hope

posted February 23, 2011 at 6:25 am

Thank you so much Stephanie for your entertaining, intelligent and insightful prose. I somehow found your site late last year by googling for “counselling for preachers kids” or the like. I was going nuts trying to come to terms with my background as a PK and your blogs and reader comments have been a source of joy, mirth and healing. (FYI – I didn’t find any sites dealing specifically with how to come to terms with a past background as PK/MK) I still have faith, but I so so can’t do Sundays. Might be a future post for you – when other Christians who do Sundays and all the church gigs etc can’t put a label on you. The judgement is harsh, way harsh. Blessings to you and your family. Tchews.

nelleellen

posted February 23, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Hmmm…I just tried typing the http://www.stuffchristianculturelikes.com url in and was redirected back here to beliefnet. For what it’s worth. Guessing the blog’s not quite live again yet?

None

posted February 25, 2011 at 11:48 am

Can’t wait for everything to be transfered!

Still Breathing

posted February 26, 2011 at 5:32 pm

http://stuffchristianculturelikes.com is still bring me back to Beliefnet.
Captcha = rdick members

bvale

posted February 26, 2011 at 8:00 pm

hey thanks for doin this blog, always brings a smile to my face. ill keep up on your new blog wherever it may be

Benjamin

posted February 27, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Stephanie,
I’ve been a long time fan since it was discovered that you used a photo of a “small group leader” in a church I was a part of.
Since then I have moved on from Christianity, but I find your blog to be both insightful and comical. Thank you for your witty and intelligent remarks. I continue to look forward to your posts each week.

cx

posted March 3, 2011 at 5:59 am

I just tried the http://www.stuffchristianculturelikes.com and was redirected back here to beliefnet.
It’s been over a week, closing in on a fortnight now.
Waiting, hopefully. . .

stephanie drury

posted March 3, 2011 at 10:59 am

No one is waiting more anxiously than me. I’m at the mercy of Beliefnet and Blogger. System errors keep popping up and my emails about it aren’t being answered. My hands are tied and I actually think I could cry about it!

Still Breathing

posted March 4, 2011 at 11:10 am

You see you are trapped! You consorted with the Darkside and now it will never let you go.
Captcha = nonhuman yolobe – I thought all yolobes were non-human.

Chauser

posted March 4, 2011 at 7:46 pm

hey, don’t give up! we all eagerly await your next post!

dtanders

posted March 8, 2011 at 11:14 pm

Are you still having trouble getting your old posts into Blogger’s system?
If so, I’d be happy to help – you can contact me at the email I had to give the form.

Christina

posted March 9, 2011 at 9:15 am

Oh, PLEASE stay in contact!!!!!!
Last Captcha :(
rural Fostal

stephanie drury

posted March 9, 2011 at 11:27 am

At this point it appears to be Blogger’s fault. Keeps saying there’s a server error (error #bX-3zfghs) which I’m clueless about how to fix. I’ve left three psychotic desperate posts on Blogger’s help board to no avail. Argh.

Steven

posted March 9, 2011 at 7:49 pm

I have friends who are quietly frustrated at their husbands because their husbands aren’t “leading.” I take this to mean that they’re not “leading” the way they have been taught at church how men are supposed to “lead.”
It’s an issue int heir marriages.
Because different men have different ways of living, while the church proclaims a one-size-fits-all definition of masculinity.

MIke Jones

posted March 12, 2011 at 9:46 pm

Perhaps if you devoted more time to creating new content instead of recyling old posts you’d still be here.

stephanie drury

posted March 12, 2011 at 10:52 pm

I know, I begged and begged to stay on but they said I was the worst blogger they’d ever had and they couldn’t abide recycling of posts, and that they’d see me in hell.

Kevin

posted March 13, 2011 at 12:04 am

Not with a bang, but with a parting shot from some douche.

Sarah

posted March 13, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Hahahaha, Kevin!

stephanie drury

posted March 13, 2011 at 11:39 pm

…and THEN a whimper (from me).
Captcha: balls ahoy

Kevin

posted March 14, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Okay so douchey parting shot, a laff, and then a whimper.

Daniel

posted March 26, 2011 at 12:29 am

Check out this special from Mothlight Creative….a celebration of Jesus this easter