Stuff Christian Culture Likes

Stuff Christian Culture Likes

#112 Not Xmas

posted by Stephanie Drury

xmas1a.jpgThe campaign to override Xmas with Christmas is brought to you by the aforementioned Keeping Christ in Christmas movement. It’s never more frenetic than at this time of year.

Pro-Christmas campaigners very much dislike Xmas. They will call you out if you use it and they are sure to write CHRISTmas on their Ugly Christmas Sweater Party invite (often in papyrus font, as above). Although X has been used for centuries as a sanctioned abbreviation for ??????? (Greek for Christ), Christian culture has a sneaking suspicion this is really a calculated method to nudge Christ out of his own holiday.

Even their beloved C. S. Lewis endorsed the use of Xmas over Christmas for brevity’s sake, but Christian culture insists that you should write the word in its entirety. The reasoning they commonly cite is that “Christ made room for you, so you should make room for him.”

Their logic follows that writing five extra letters is the least you can do in exchange for his grisly crucifixion. And so once again, in a pitfall of Christian culture, a superficial patch job is substituted for inventory of the heart.

Steven

posted December 15, 2010 at 12:22 pm

Put Mass back in Christmas.

Tucker

posted December 15, 2010 at 2:02 pm

I like the Wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xmas
It calls out the history and uses of “X” or Greek chi for Christ. I don’t see the issue as being people trying take Christ out of Christmas so much as some Christians once again demonstrating their ludicrous ignorance. Sure, many might like not seeing “Christ” and just want holiday songs about reindeer prancing and Jack Frost nipping, but Christians should have no problem with Xmas, at least not the educated ones.

Christina

posted December 15, 2010 at 2:42 pm

I call it X mas all the time. I’m not trying to take the Christ out of Christmas, to be honest I just think calling it X-mas sounds cool. But even though I call it X-mas sometimes doesn’t mean I don’t know the reason for Christmas or how important it is. I don’t think the worry should be about calling it “X-masd” because obviously those people still celebrate Christmas. If they are worried about the death of Christmas they should worry about the people who put up the billboards talking about Christmas being a myth and the people who put so much effort into taking Christmas (or any other religon) themed things out of schools and pubilc celebrations. I’ve never understood how seeing a christmas themed item offends athiests, if they don’t believe in it wouldn’t it just be another decoration? Maybe I don’t know enough about it…..

Flah the Heretic Methodist

posted December 15, 2010 at 3:52 pm

Christina, why should anyone “worry” about the atheist billboards? They are just putting their views out there, which is their right. God knows Xtians have been shoving their beliefs on everyone since time immemorial. Most of the atheist sites I visit affirm that they like Christmas just fine, and participate.

Stephen Charles

posted December 15, 2010 at 4:27 pm

Xmas haters also hate it when you refer to Christians as Xians. Maybe Xmas is a calculated way for some to diminish Christ, but why not take their cue, and St. Paul’s, and consider Xian to be a way to “diminish self so that Christ may increase”?
Then again, why make things so damn difficult all the time and just let the shorthand do its job? You know, as in work smarter not harder.

Mark T.

posted December 15, 2010 at 5:10 pm

“Jesus X” would be a cool name for a hardcore band.

Goah

posted December 15, 2010 at 5:59 pm

Didn’t the Hebrews refuse to write out Yahweh’s name out of respect? I find it ironic that the opposite view is the only way a righteous person can think of it now.

stephanie drury

posted December 15, 2010 at 6:56 pm

Yeah, they did and they do. Funny thing, that.

MH

posted December 15, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Goah, really good point.
Mark T, one of the members of that band could play a Xylophone to keep the X theme going.

George, American

posted December 15, 2010 at 8:15 pm

“Christ made room for you, so make room for him”
X didn’t make room for me when it came time for God to pour out his wrath on the cross and I’m perfectly ok with that.

Winger7

posted December 17, 2010 at 8:01 am

When Mark Twain wrote for a newspaper he once wrote “J. Christ” to save space. His editor was furious and warned Twain “never refer to the Savior with anything less than His full name.” The next time the opportunity arose, Twain wrote “Jesus H. Christ.”
BTW:When taking notes in seminary I used Xy for Christianity and Xn for Christian. It saved time. I use the full words in the church newletter. :-}

George, American

posted December 17, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Winger7, is this where the expression came from?
CAPTCHA: griven gospel

winger7

posted December 18, 2010 at 6:32 am

George, if the expression you refer to is “Jesus H. Christ”, I dont think Twaon originated it. My guess, and this is only a guess, is that people would have recognized it as being in use by those who were not very pious.

Christina

posted December 19, 2010 at 12:48 pm

I’m not trying to say that the athiests shouldn’t be able to put billboards of thier views up, I totally support them. What I was trying to say, but can’t seem to say right, is that I’m suprized that they are so worried about people saying “X-mas” when there are other things I would imagine they would be more upset about. I do get offended though when people and I know that its only a small number of athiests try to remove anything holiday themed because they don’t want it around. I think as long as people are shoving thier views down each others throats (and to me having a christmas tree OR a billboard isn’t “shoving”) then everyone should be able to express whatever they want to. It makes me mad when EITHER group thinks its OK for them to have something in public that represents thier point of view but won’t allow the other group to do it.

smitemouth

posted December 21, 2010 at 11:43 am

It cracks me up when I see those same sentiments about taking Christ out of Christmas come from fundamentalists–fundamentalists who don’t have a Christmas or Christmas Eve service because it is too “catholic” or “romanish”. Seriously, who is taking Christ out of Christmas? If you ask me it’s some of these same fundamentalists who don’t have services.

Kent

posted December 21, 2010 at 4:07 pm

I found the perfect “holiday” song from Brad Paisley just for all you culturally correct folks who desperately want to be everyone’s best bud. And we all know that slammin’ Christianity helps a guy/girl to fit in.
Enjoy!
And now the Grand Ole Opry theater proudly presents a special holiday edition of the Adventures of the Kung Pao Buckaroos
Well, it’s a Kung Pao Buckaroo Holiday
Whatever you do watch what you say
If you’re easily offended well that’s okay
It’s a completely non-offensive and politically correct holiday
We catch up with our three cowboys one cold December night huddled around a camp fire.
How ‘bout we sing some holiday songs?
Yeah, hey George, you wanna lead us off?
Yeah, I got one.
Oh Chri-biip-mas tree oh Chri-biip-mas tree how lovely are thy branches…
Why am I getting bleeped again?
Haven’t you heard guys? You can’t say Chri-biip-mas you gotta say Holiday
I can’t say Chri-biip-mas?
No, you might offend somebody.
Who is offended by Chri-biip-mas?
You know you might offend the biiiips and the biiiips and the atheists.
What?
Time to politically correct.
I’ll lead this off.
On the first day of Chri-biip-mas my true love said to me…
Jimmy, are you listening?
What?
You can’t say Chri-biip-mas.
Why not?
If you can say he-biiiip on the last record,
Why can’t I say Chri-biip-mas?
I didn’t make the rules.
Hey listen guys, it’s not that difficult, all you gotta do is change Chri-biip-mas to Holiday.
You know, instead of saying white Chri-biip-mas, you say I’m dreaming of a whi-biiip Holiday.
Why did I get bleeped?
You’ve got to say Caucasian.
So I have to sing, I’m dreaming of a Caucasian holiday?
Sure, that won’t offend anyone.
Well, it’s a Kung Pao Buckaroo Holiday,
Whatever you do watch what you say
If you’re easily offended well that’s okay
Why do these people have to feel that way? How come they get offended so easily?
It’s a completely non-offensive and politically correct holiday
I’m just trying to come up with a song here.
Let’s sing one together, everybody ready? George?
Ready.
Bill you ready?
I’m ready.
Jimmy? Jimmy? Jimmy?
Okay!
We three kings of or-biiiiiiiiip are bearing gifts we’ve traveled real far….
Sorry boys, you have to say Asia now.
What?
Oh, come on just try.
I’ve got to get hyped up for this.
We three kings of Asia are….
That sounds like horse cr-biiiip
Oh lord, okay. How ‘bout Little Drummer boy?
Nope, that offends short people.
And you can’t say drummer ‘cause that’ll offend real musicians.
How ‘bout little –hahaha- town of Bethlehem.
What’s with all the short jokes?
Hey how ‘bout we do Silent Night?
No, it offends people hard of hearin’ and afraid of the dark.
What did he say about a shark?
SHARK?
This happens every year.
Well, it’s a Kung Pao Buckaroo Holiday,
Whatever you do watch what you say,
If you’re easily offended well that’s okay,
It’s a completely non-offensive and politically correct holiday.
Ho! ho! ho!
I can’t say ho?
No, you might offend some… women.
So basically, we can’t sing anything?
I think thats a bunch of bull biiiip.
Softer, George, it’s more effective.
I think thats a bunch of bull biiiip.
Wait just a dar-biip minute…
No, no, no..
You know what? I don’t care who we offend, I’m gonna sing Chri-biip-mas carols if I wanna sing Chri-biip-mas carols.
Louder, Bill, it’s more effective.
Me too.
We wish you a merry Chri-biip-mas, we wish you a merry Chri-biip-mas, we wish you a merry Chri-biip-mas, and a happy ne-biip year.
We can’t say new; it’ll offend the old folks.
And you better not offend them.

Becca

posted December 22, 2010 at 12:28 am

How is that Brad Paisley song a song? I can’t imagine someone singing all of that. I mean, I’m not about to go look it up on YouTube or something, but it just seems like rambling.

Jona

posted December 22, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Kent, if we wanted to be “everyone’s best bud,” why would we be “slammin’ Christianity”? Approximately 2.2 billion people follow some form of it. Seems to me if we really “desperately” wanted to “fit in” we would just shut up and play along.
PLEASE tell me you didn’t type that whole song…hopefully you copied and pasted, right? I don’t know if I’m comfortable with the thought of you typing that whole thing in the hopes of teaching us a lesson (especially all of those “biip”s, what is a “biip” anyway?). I mean, then you would not only be completely missing the point of this blog post, you’d be wasting a lot of your time in protest.

Chrissy

posted December 22, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Thanks Kent! Great song! I love the homoeroticism!

Hollan

posted December 22, 2010 at 2:55 pm

I think he meant ‘blip’
or ‘bleep’
Becca, your response made me laugh and pee a little.
Kent, please tell me you did not just share a stupid country song to incite a furious row about political correctness. Why dont you just go on whatever post there is about the war and share a song by Toby Keith?
WHAT, in the name of all that is holy, is this ridiculous resistance to treating other cultures with respect and consideration?
Every single time another person’s religion, culture, or race, is pointed out and a little consideration for other’s values is shown, Christian’s feel threatened by it and feel the need to point out that no one is showing THEM any consideration. Oh sorry, you have only been shown ALL of the consideration since Constantine c. 300 AD.
I think your turn is over and your time is up.
Personally, I tend to wish people a: Merry Goddamn Holidays!
I think they enjoy my honesty.

Kent

posted December 22, 2010 at 4:25 pm

“follow some form of it” Couldn’t have said it better Jona.

Kent

posted December 22, 2010 at 4:29 pm

“follow some form of it” Couldn’t have said it better Jona

stephanie drury

posted December 22, 2010 at 5:25 pm

Kent appears to follow “some form” of it, because he completely missed the love and grace part of Christianity. It’s easier to follow some form of it rather than actually be self-sacrificial, that’s for dang sure. Kent, do you want to cite the “We’ll put a boot in your ass, it’s the American way?” song now?

Bill

posted December 23, 2010 at 2:52 am

I’ve been wished “Merry Christmas” by a bewildering number of retailers and wait-persons in the last week. It’s freaking me out.

Steve

posted December 23, 2010 at 7:53 am

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Catherine

posted December 23, 2010 at 10:20 am

Actually the song was kind of funny. I understand that we need to include people of all faiths which is find with me, but I don’t think it should be WRONG to say Merry Christmas to people who you know celebrate Christmas. I just think both sides have gone overboard with the whole thing, the people who feel the need to make things PC and the people who over-react about the phrase “Happy Holidays”. I think if you choose to say Happy Hoildays thats fine and if you say Merry Christmas thats fine too. People get offended way to easily about these things. I wouldn’t be offended if one oh my Jewish friends told me “Happy Haunakkah” and I don’t think they’d be offended if I said “Merry Christmas” sometimes I think theres more people out there thinking someone MIGHT get offended than actually get offended.

Still Breathing

posted December 23, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Festive Felicitations to you all.

Andy

posted December 23, 2010 at 3:00 pm

To be filed under this: Festivus.
Made a joke facebook post today wishing everyone a merry festivus, and requesting they air their grievances on my wall.
20 minutes later I get a concerned e-mail from my fundie future mother in law making sure I understand the importance of keeping CHRIST in CHRISTmas

Mr. Incredible, in the Name of Jesus, the ONLY Way to the Father!

posted December 24, 2010 at 2:30 pm

Bill says:
I’ve been wished “Merry Christmas” by a bewildering number of retailers…
Mr. Incredible asks:
You mean that the retailers were, themselves, bewildered??
Bill says:
…and wait-persons in the last week.
Mr. Incredible says:
Good. They’re on the right track.
Bill says:
It’s freaking me out.
You’ll get over it.

Billy

posted December 24, 2010 at 5:05 pm

I don’t see what the big deal is. Very few (sadly, including myself) celebrate this day as the birth of the Son of God. Very commercial. Like Valentines Day… what a crock of crap; “if you don’t buy her something nice, you aren’t a good hubby/boyfriend.” Whenever Jesus was born, this should symbolically mark the birth of God in flesh who would radically change the world.

Mr. Incredible, in the Name of Jesus Who does not take His eye off the Righteous!

posted December 24, 2010 at 6:03 pm

AND THE LIGHT SHINETH IN DARKNESS; AND THE DARKNESS COMPREHENDED IT NOT.

Billy says:
Mr. Incredible says:
Maybe that’s why God says He will save only a remnant, that only a few will find the gate.
Billy says:
Mr. Incredible asks:
What does that have to do with you?
Billy says:
THAT’s what I said.

HAPPY JESUS BIRTHDAY !

Josh

posted December 27, 2010 at 12:43 am

On December 25th I celebrate the rebirth of the sun and the fact the days are going to start getting longer. The pagans had it first and it was stolen from them so take your “Merry Christmas” and shove it up your …. :)

Mr. Incredible, in the Name of Jesus

posted December 27, 2010 at 4:13 am

Josh says:
Mr. Incredible says:
If you think it was stolen, call a cop.
We’re gonna keep celebrating the birth of Jesus on 25 December, and there’s nothing anybody can do about it.

Gaypet

posted December 27, 2010 at 11:23 pm

Grumpy Old Person

posted December 28, 2010 at 1:23 pm

Christina (or should that be Xina?),
“I do get offended though when people and I know that its only a small number of athiests try to remove anything holiday themed because they don’t want it around. [snip] It makes me mad when EITHER group thinks its OK for them to have something in public that represents thier point of view but won’t allow the other group to do it.”
The fact that Kwanza’a, Chanukkah, Eid, Solstice, etc. all happen around the same period, yet we mostly see ONLY Christian displays in public squares – THAT is what ticks off the non-Christian taxpayers.

Grumpy Old Person

posted December 28, 2010 at 1:41 pm

A supporting comment from the other ‘taking the Christ out of Christmas thread, Xina:
“Are you so insecure in your faith that you begrudge others the expression of theirs?”

Kent

posted December 28, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Grumpy says: Atheists (and others) aren’t trying “to remove anything holiday themed because they don’t want it around”. They 1.) don’t want public displays of ONE religion only – at taxpayers’ expense, and 2.) to the exclusion of all the other traditions.
Only – at taxpayers expense? So everything Christmas that all the whiners are complaining about, they have been paying for? Really?

Mr. Incredible, in the Name of Jesus, in Whom we are more than conquerors!

posted December 28, 2010 at 6:20 pm

The State stops no one from displaying the icons of their “religion.” That they don’t display those icons doesn’t mean that the icons of Christianity cannot be displayed.

“THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK UNTO YOU, THEY ARE SPIRIT, AND THEY ARE LIFE. YE ARE CLEAN THROUGH THE WORD WHICH I HAVE SPOKEN UNTO YOU.” — Jesus

Gaypet

posted December 28, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Kent, can you clarify your point for me? Are you saying that you think people are concerned about private Christmas decorations? I only care that my taxes not go to promote one particular religion. But I may have read your comment incorrectly. I do that sometimes.
My son and I enjoy driving around town looking at the Christmas lights and Nativity Scenes people have put on their lawns. I just don’t want the government to endorse one religion over another. A Nativity at City Hall would not be OK with me.
Imagine if Wiccans were in control. Would it be OK with you for the government to endorse Samhain and burn sage in City Hall? No? Or if there were a big Bastet statue at your state capitol. Would that be OK?
And, one more question. When you say “whiners” do you really mean Jews? ‘Cause that is gonna piss me off.
Signed,
Whiny-Pagan-Atheist-Jew

Bill

posted December 29, 2010 at 12:46 am

As a white Anglo-Saxon Protestant male, I’m gonna have to back Gaypet on that one. Legislatures can’t get the temporal right, and you expect me to trust them with the eternal? Screw that. The Nativity is one of the most sacred images of my faith. Let the politicians cheapen and defile it by pandering and manipulation on their own dime. Let alone consider what could happen if, well, the Wiccans were in control :).
I live and work in a strikingly homogenous environment, yet somehow in the last several weeks I’ve had holiday conversations with Christians, Atheists, Jews, and Hindus. I was enriched, and I hope they were, too. Think that could happen if they felt marginalized or unsafe?

Mary

posted December 31, 2010 at 9:37 am

Most of my work/school friends are on the atheist side of things, but being nice human beings, we all say things like this:
“Do you celebrate Christmas?”
If the answer is yes, you answer with Merry Christmas, if the answer is no, Happy Holidays. No one gets hurt, everyone is polite and open with each other. This exchange can lead to a deeper conversation about another religion such as Judaism or your own faith. Sometimes I think being kind and sensitive can be the best revealing of God. Otherwise, one might come off as an overbearing prick and no one would want to give God that kind of reputation…
Side note-Mr. Incredible, where are you from? Did you legally change your name to Mr Incredible? I heard a story recently about someone who did and thought it might be you.

Chrissy

posted December 31, 2010 at 3:55 pm

Mr Incredible, Could you please stop writing like that? You don’t have to say that you’re going to say something before you say it. Just saying what you plan to say implies that you’re saying something. Your line of reasoning will be less tedious to follow if you would stop doing that. Please? It’s my Christmas wish. It will bring me joy and peace.

Mr. Incredible, in Jesus' Name

posted December 31, 2010 at 5:07 pm

Chrissy-poo,
I know you’re trying to help.
However, I don’t know what you’re talking about. Explain “writing like that.” Like what?
Sometimes, something is difficult so that you’ll dig deeper, study it harder. It should draw you in. KJV is like that. It forces you to take the time.
I am pleased, though, and not from a selfish point of view, that you take some time to read — not just skim, as so many do — and to try to understand my line of reasoning. After all, I’m just tryin’ t’help. I’m here not to make myself look good, rather in an honest effort to make things better.
At the same time, I gots my style, just as everybody gots their style. Cuz, after all, sometimes, the style is the message [reference: "The Medium is the Message," McLuhan].
Plus, it’s no longer good enough to have a product and sell it and its features. A concept, known in advertising as “positioning,” involves more than that and takes more than just that. That may take, as I say, more effort on the reader’s part; but that can be good since it positions ideas in the reader’s mind more; at least he’s thinkin’ about it. The provocative seed is planted.

George, American

posted January 1, 2011 at 12:08 am

KJV really isn’t that great. It doesn’t make me want to dig deeper, it makes me want to put the book up on a shelf and go grab a beer. KJV reminds me of fat southern men who pronounce the name of the Lord as “Jaheezus” while they sop up sweat off of their greasy foreheads. KJV makes me want to crucify James Dobson and raise my banner of liberal fascist “tolerance” over Colorado Springs while I mercilessly tax the poor, suffering white people in order to pay for sex education classes all the while encouraging their daughters to date black men. KJV makes me want to go into the “Christian” bookstore and set fire to the whole thing after I raid the registers and safe and throw the money to the poor farmers and people in my village living in dilapidated buildings. It makes me want to scream myself hoarse each and every time some FOX anchor whines about the “War on Christmas” when they are perfectly content with encouraging people to continue making a beautiful holy day about materialism, gluttony, and greed.
Yeah, KJV makes me want to do a lot of things specifically because it’s so bitterly clung to by certain elements of our society

Mr. Incredible, in the Name of Jesus, our Champion!

posted January 1, 2011 at 2:15 am

George, American says:
KJV really isn’t that great.
To YOU.
George, American says:
It doesn’t make me want to dig deeper…
Mr. Incredible says:
That cuz the King James Version is too deep for you.
George, American says:
…it makes me want to put the book up on a shelf and go grab a beer.
That figures.
George, American says:
Mr. Incredible says:
Yes, THAT’s more important to you.
George, American says:
Mr. Incredible says:
That beer really got a hold of you, huh.
George, American says:
Mr. Incredible says:
According to my calculations, based on your train wreck statements, I’d say that you’ve thrown back two sixpacks of wine coolers. At least.
George, American says:
Mr. Incredible asks:
You’re sitting in a room with open paint thinner cans, aren’t you?
George, American says:
Mr. Incredible says:
You poor child. Did I make you poop your pants?

JESUS IS LORD ! THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD OVER THE HILLS AND THROUGH THE VALLEYS, TROUNCING GIANTS !

stephanie drury

posted January 1, 2011 at 5:11 am

Stephanie Drury asks:
Mr. Incredible, why are you such a dick?

George, American

posted January 1, 2011 at 11:25 am

Probably because he’s one of those unfortunate souls who’s father made him dress in a suit and tie for dinner each night & would regularly beat him over the head with a bible while screeching about “socialism”.
KJV gets the bad rep that it does because of people like him and the way they use it as an excuse to act like complete J/O-bros.

Kevin

posted January 1, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Mr. Incredible, how is your insufferable rudeness “helping” anybody? You’re coming off as a mean-spirited self-righteous bigot. From where I sit, your lack of humility is about as christian as a virgin sacrifice.
Everyone else, (oh fine, and you too Mr. I), Happy New Year!

Mr. Incredible, in the Name of Jesus, in Whom we are more than conquerors!

posted January 1, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Oh, gee, whaEVER will I do??? Scoffers instructing a Christian. Heh.

JESUS CHRIST — THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE — THE ONLY WAY TO THE FATHER !

Mr. Incredible, in Jesus' Name – the Name above ALL names!

posted January 1, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Looks as though I make a few people poop their pants.

Gaypet

posted January 1, 2011 at 10:18 pm

You know this blog has now replaced PeopleofWalmart.com AND Engrish.com for me. I get it all here. I love it!

Bill

posted January 1, 2011 at 11:45 pm

MI, that shit you smell is your own.

Mr. Incredible, in the Name of Jesus Who is the True Light!

posted January 2, 2011 at 3:19 am

After ingesting the spoiled crap written by you people.

Kevin

posted January 2, 2011 at 12:44 pm

I’ve made a new years resolution about feeding comment trolls. I must make it through the day.

MH

posted January 2, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Well now that we’re past the holiday season, the war on X-mas meme can go back into hibernation for another year.

None

posted January 4, 2011 at 11:24 am

Mr. Incredible is an antichrist. There’re a lot of them these days.

George, American

posted January 4, 2011 at 12:27 pm

MI is just a troll who has mastered the art of posting as if he worked for Teenmania ministries. This is good because it allows us to to discuss commonly held misconceptions about our faith.

Kevin

posted January 4, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Mr Incredible is a troll, and a very good one. Anyone who claims to speak in Christ’s name about what is obviously a scatological fetish is clearly having a laugh.

Alex

posted January 5, 2011 at 4:41 am

Kevin, Mr Incredible is indeed a troll but not, I think, a very good one, or we wouldn’t have spotted him. His trollness is such that, in following the logic of his trolling, he let himself say ‘After ingesting the spoiled crap written by you people’, thereby implying that he does in fact eat s**t, rather than keep his dignity and stay on message. A really good troll would have kept us all guessing about whether or not he’s for real, but Mr Incredible lost his temper here, and blew his cover.

Kevin

posted January 5, 2011 at 3:41 pm

C’mon Alex, the fact that we spotted him means we can enjoy the joke, rather than getting all upset about it. That’s a win-win in my book.

Good Gravey

posted January 5, 2011 at 5:03 pm

The X in Xmas is actually symbolic of the Holy Cross (X for the Cross — get it?). The Greek work origin throws people off the real origin.
People need to think more sublimely and less materially and then they would not see a problem. Marxists exhibit the same problem by only thinking materially. I would think most Christians think with a sublime mind via their sublime faith. Do not be a strictly material thinker. Get with it people!