Stuff Christian Culture Likes

Stuff Christian Culture Likes

#69 Saying “Let’s close in prayer”

posted by Stephanie Drury

Photobucket

At the end of any sort of talk given where Christians are known to be present, the speaker will say “Let’s close in prayer.” They cannot help themselves.

David

posted March 17, 2009 at 11:16 am

My List of the Ten Most Innapropriate Times to Say “Let’s Close in Prayer”:–While someone at the table is choking on a chicken bone.–Before paying cab fare–When your date leans in to give you a kiss.–After burning an effigy of the other team’s mascot.–In Hell–While appearing as a guest on the Bill Maher Show.–When your sexual partner says “Okay,now it’s my turn.”–While sticking up a bank.–In Heaven–During another prayer.

Mumsy

posted March 17, 2009 at 10:36 pm

An 11th commandment: After you rear-end a guy on the freeway and then try to lead him to Jesus. No kidding, my friend’s crazy brother tried to do exactly that.

Steve

posted March 18, 2009 at 5:32 am

What I love is when the pastor makes it a question rather than an exhortation: “Will you pray with me?” instead of “Let us pray.”

jeremy

posted March 19, 2009 at 5:33 am

LOL that’s going to be my new line for socially inappropriate and/or (dare I say) awkward situations.

Kadi

posted March 19, 2009 at 12:58 pm

As a Sunday School teacher, I am so guilty of saying this on a regular basis. WV: tonymin: a miniature version of Tony Soprano

the nibbling marmot

posted March 22, 2009 at 4:12 am

Love the top ten.

Susan deWaalMalefyt

posted October 9, 2009 at 5:20 pm

hehehhehehe their feet are bare :)

Pandasnownium

posted February 5, 2011 at 4:00 am

At least the phrase synchronizes the group prayer. I find it weird when the pastor runs straight into prayer mode barely pausing after his closing remarks dear lord thank you for the enlightenment you have brought us today….