Stuff Christian Culture Likes

Stuff Christian Culture Likes

#50 Polo Shirts

posted by Stephanie Drury
Photobucket

You’d think they own stock in them.

(Extra points if it has a golf logo. Bonus extra points if it has a Promise Keepers logo.)

Photobucket

Mark (under construction)

posted October 11, 2008 at 4:43 am

these shirts are great!!!made with love from the sweat shops of China …Ohhh I HAVE to get one!!! I love Christain Assessories – lets the world know who’s team I am on.

Bruno

posted October 11, 2008 at 6:00 am

Jeez, were a sick society!

Gus

posted October 11, 2008 at 10:52 am

Oh, no! *I* like polo shirts! In fact, I am wearing one now. Does this mean I’m like those men? I wonder what I did with that button-down Oxford?

Robert Mugabe

posted October 13, 2008 at 3:32 am

I think you have to adapt this one for the PNW. Among my contemporaries it was more polar fleece than polo shirts.

Anonymous

posted October 13, 2008 at 12:34 pm

dont forget about braided belts and khakis. cargo pants if you’re the youth leader…

K. Christianson

posted October 20, 2008 at 2:32 pm

Stephanie-I don’t actually know you but I love your blog.I have another idea for you… marriage as respect and love. Respect the men, love the women.. and thousands of books about it.Also, marketing to specific groups.. single teens, single moms, single dads, retired people, youth groups, jr high, unmarried with three kids between the ages of 7 and 14. AH!

James Dobson

posted October 26, 2008 at 9:41 pm

leave us alone. Can’t we just be friends?

Hugh

posted October 29, 2008 at 1:18 am

Here in England I often wear a polo shirt when not at work. I prefer T-shirts but my wife tells me they need ironing while if you give a polo shirt a good shake as it comes out of the machine it stays crease free. So polo shirts it is.

Billy

posted June 29, 2009 at 8:25 am

This is dumb. Eddie Vedder wears polo shirts on stage, does that make him a caucasian evangelical? You're grasping again.

Kelli

posted June 29, 2009 at 8:55 am

Yeah, great point Billy. Get real. Eddie Vedder hasn't been cool for about 12 yrs.Stephanie is so dead-on with all of these. You probably have a ton of polo shirts, don't you? It sucks to be called out on being a d-bag, doesn't it?

Ben parsons

posted June 29, 2009 at 10:22 am

Hey "billy"- yeah anyone who wears a polo shirt is a white evangelical, just like the blog says, Eddie included. As a matter of fact we just had a "one on one" "accountability meeting" over frappuccinos at assbucks to discuss his difficulty giving over and above 10% of his gross income to his church (how else do you expect him to get a new boat?)Pressed down, shaken, overflowing in abundance that ye will not have room for it in your storehouses,Ben

Chrissy

posted October 15, 2009 at 12:53 am

Oh snap! Billy got served!Ben Parsons: I LAUGHED! OUT LOUD! A LOT!!! And I'll do it again.Calvary Chapelites have a thing for Hawaiian shirts. The pastors are mostly ex-addicts and hippies, committed solely to their KJV. Few have gone to seminary. When you notice fewer middle-aged men, wearing Hawaiian shirts, sporting a KJV (especially in California), it means the rapture happened, and you've been left behind. It's the only surefire sign.

Carrie

posted April 24, 2010 at 12:02 am

Oh, so that’s why my old pastor wore a Hawaiian shirt! :) Didn’t know it was the Calvary Chapel uniform.
(My sister thought he just shut his eyes and grabbed the first shirt he could reach in the closet!)

54 Dollars