As a parent of two teenage boys, we’re in a constant struggle to figure out what movies or TV shows are appropriate. (The latest debate: Bruno). It’s a struggle, and the source of much friction, but we figure it’s our parental responsibility to try to regulate sexual content.
Then I saw this Burger King campaign and thought…. what’s the point? Why do we bother? We can block HBO but Burger King is right there in our face with an image of an attractive, shocked looking woman, with bright red lipstick, opening up her mouth to take in the “super seven incher.”
UPDATE 7/8, 9:56: Burger King says the ad is running only in Singapore.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Steve Waldman
- Safe, Legal & Early: A New Way of Thinking About abortion
- A Modest Proposal: Conservatives Back Gay Marriage; Gays Back Covenant Marriage
- The Rick Warren Interview
- Inaugural Prayer Archive
- 2008 v. 2004 Results by Faith
- The Obama-Falsani Interview
- The Gene Robinson Interview
Best Posts That No One Read:
- Our Patriotic Holy War
- Obama's White Family and Black Church
- Science & Religion Dispatched from Cambridge
Little Known Facts:
- The Rise of Prayerism
- Deism--It's Back!
- Abortion vs. Gays: The Evangelical Age Gap
- The Spiritual Atheists
Still Cracks Me Up:
Posts That Annoy Conservatives:
Posts That Annoy Liberals:
- Thomas Jefferson: Believer in Intelligent Design?
- Obama's White House Shouldn't Vet Prayers
- Agreeing with Values Voters
- Why the Catholic Bishops Matter on Health Care
- How to Defuse the Health Care Abortion Issue
- In Defense of Bloody Aborted Fetus Photos
Posts That Annoy Everyone: