California — California’s Propositiion 8 would amend the state’s constitution, declaring that marriage is just between a man and a woman.
Florida — The Florida initiative (Amendment 2) would re-write the constitution with a ban on gay marriage and domestic partnerships. 60% of the population must vote yes to amend the constitution.
Arizona — Proposition 102 amends the state constitution to define marriage as being between a man and a woman
California –Proposition 4 requires teens seeking an abortion notify their parents
South Dakota — Measure 11 attempts to ban abortion except in cases of rape, incest and life of the mother. The measure violates Roe v. Wade but proponents hope the measure’s passage could instigate a Supreme Court overturning Roe.
Colorado — Amendment 48 defines personhood at conception. It would ban abortion and may also ban certain types of birth control.
This site seems to come from a liberal direction but has created a comprehensive database of initiatives by state.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Steve Waldman
- Safe, Legal & Early: A New Way of Thinking About abortion
- A Modest Proposal: Conservatives Back Gay Marriage; Gays Back Covenant Marriage
- The Rick Warren Interview
- Inaugural Prayer Archive
- 2008 v. 2004 Results by Faith
- The Obama-Falsani Interview
- The Gene Robinson Interview
Best Posts That No One Read:
- Our Patriotic Holy War
- Obama's White Family and Black Church
- Science & Religion Dispatched from Cambridge
Little Known Facts:
- The Rise of Prayerism
- Deism--It's Back!
- Abortion vs. Gays: The Evangelical Age Gap
- The Spiritual Atheists
Still Cracks Me Up:
Posts That Annoy Conservatives:
Posts That Annoy Liberals:
- Thomas Jefferson: Believer in Intelligent Design?
- Obama's White House Shouldn't Vet Prayers
- Agreeing with Values Voters
- Why the Catholic Bishops Matter on Health Care
- How to Defuse the Health Care Abortion Issue
- In Defense of Bloody Aborted Fetus Photos
Posts That Annoy Everyone: