Steven Waldman

Steven Waldman

Was Sarah Palin Sent By God to Battle the Anti-Christ?

posted by swaldman

For some time, we’ve seen the material flowing around the internet arguing that Barack Obama is the anti-Christ or a false Messiah. Now there’s a new twist: Sarah Palin is sent by God.
That’s the message of this essay by Jim Bramlett, a former official at the Christian Broadcasting Network and Campus Crusade for Christ. I’ve heard this is being emailed around quite a bit but don’t really know how much it’s been read. Because it touches on so many interesting themes I’d like to fisk the whole thing (my comments in ital):

Barack, Sarah, and the Bible
Jim Bramlett
Sep 1 2008 07:54PM
Dear friends:
Barack Hussein Obama has taken the nation by storm. From obscurity, with zero executive experience, or much of any kind, he has vaulted into the position of Presidential frontrunner. It is stunning. On the surface, it appears attributable only to his eloquent oratory and his race. But an invisible factor may be a strong spiritual force behind him, causing some people to actually swoon in his presence.

He’s setting up the idea that Obama’s support is so illogical that it must have a supernatural explanation.

I have been very concerned that he has publicly said that he does not believe Jesus is the only way to heaven. This makes both the Bible and Jesus a liar, and it means that Christ has died in vain. A person cannot be a true Christian who believes that there are other ways of forgiveness, salvation, and eternal life with God. Only Jesus has paid the price for that.

Much attention has come of late to some liberal bloggers mocking Palin’s faith. We may have forgotten the aggressive efforts by conservative writers and leaders to challenge Obama’s. Some have implied he’s a Muslim, other have implied he’s a bad Christian or, as James Dobson put it, has “confused theology.”

Therefore, there is, indeed, another spirit involved. And this spirit has come into our national life like a flood. Last week at Obama’s acceptance speech, that spirit exalted itself in front of a Greek temple-like stage, and to a huge audience like in a Roman arena. Omama was portrayed as god-like. His voice thundered as a god’s voice.

This picks up on the Obama as false Messiah meme that had gained serious traction in the Christian community.

At the end, Democratic sympathizer Pastor Joel Hunter gave the benediction and shockingly invited everyone to close the prayer to their own (false) gods. This was surely an abomination, but it was compatible with Obama’s expressed theology, and Hunter’s leftist leanings.

Hunter, a Republican evangelical, ended his prayer “in Jesus’s name” but invited members of the audience to end their prayers according to their own tradition.

God was not pleased.
And God says, “When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him” (Isaiah 59:19).
Enter Governor Sarah Palin. With incredible timing, the very next day, Sarah Palin also appeared out of nowhere. Her shocking selection as John McCain’s running mate stunned the world and suddenly took all the wind out of Obama’s sails.

She literally seems to have been sent by God to oppose the anti-Christ

We quickly learned that Sarah is a born-again, Spirit-filled Christian, attends church, and has been a ministry worker.

Note that there’s nothing in here about her record as Governor or even the hope that she’ll be a maverick or reformer. The entirety of his love for her has to do with her being a Spirit-filled Christian.

Sarah is that standard God has raised up to stop the flood. She has the anointing.
You can tell by how the dogs are already viciously attacking her.

I wrote earlier that Christians will not abandon Palin no matter what comes out because they’ve defined criticism as being ant-Christian. Therefore the more people criticize her, the more beloved she’ll become.

But they will not be successful. She knows the One she serves and will not be intimidated.
Back in the 1980s, I sensed that Israel’s little-known Benjamin Netanyahu was chosen by God for an important end-time role. I still believe that. I now have that same sense about Sarah Palin.
Today I did some checking and discovered that both her first and last names are biblical words, one in Hebrew the other in Greek:
Sarah. Wife of Abraham and mother of Isaac. In Hebrew, Sarah means “noble woman” (Strong’s 8283).
Palin. In Greek, the word means “renewal.” (Strong’s 3825).
A friend said he believes that Sarah Palin is a Deborah. Of Deborah, Smith’s Bible Dictionary says, “A prophetess who judged Israel…. She was not so much a judge as one gifted with prophetic command…. and by virtue of her inspiration ‘a mother in Israel.'”
Only God knows the future and how she may be used by Him, but may this noble woman serve to bring renewal in the land, and inspiration.
Jim

Sue

posted September 21, 2008 at 10:44 am

No, Sarah Palin is the Anti-Christ who has come to earth to stop Gods messenger. Don’t be fooled, if she was sent by god, he would not have put her into the party of sin and greed.

Warren Cheswick

posted September 21, 2008 at 11:13 am

Jim Bramlett was sent by God to make the world mock the ignorance of conservative Christians with the hopes of provoking them to learn how to think. Bramlett’s essay is about the most preposterous thing I’ve ever read on this forum.

Linda

posted September 21, 2008 at 1:26 pm

Jim Bramlett said, “I have been very concerned that he has publicly said that he does not believe Jesus is the only way to heaven. This makes both the Bible and Jesus a liar, and it means that Christ has died in vain.”
I recently saw a video of a 2004 interview between President Bush and Charles Gibson before the election. I have been wondering whether any Evangelical leaders attacked Bush for his statements? It did not seem to affect the Evangelical vote.

CHARLES GIBSON: Do we all worship the same God, Christian and Muslim?
PRESIDENT BUSH: I think we do.
CHARLES GIBSON: Does …
PRESIDENT BUSH: We have different routes of getting to the Almighty.
CHARLES GIBSON: Does bin Laden? Does Abu Musab al-Zarqawi pray to the same God that you and I do?
PRESIDENT BUSH:I think they pray to a false god otherwise they wouldn’t be killing innocent lives like they have been.
CHARLES GIBSON: Do Christians and non-Christians and Muslims go to heaven in your mind?
PRESIDENT BUSH: Yes, they do. We have different routes of getting there. But I will, I, I want you to understand, I want your listeners to understand, I don’t get to decide who goes to heaven. The almighty God decides who goes to heaven. And I am on my personal walk.

http://tinyurl.com/4kdfvu YouTube
Transcript Bush Interview Charles Gibson 2004

Charles Cosimano

posted September 21, 2008 at 2:20 pm

I’m voting for the Antichrist, whomever he may be.
Considering the mess that the Christians have gotten us into it would seem that anything would be an improvement.

Sharon Johnson

posted September 21, 2008 at 2:39 pm

If you honestly believe that God condones the mass murder of women and children in foreign countries by the US you worship a God that I refuse to believe in. Sarah Palin is not here to fight the anti-christ. She IS the anti-Christ!

Deb

posted September 21, 2008 at 2:51 pm

OMG. This is terrifying. I can’t believe there are people out there who think like this.

Richard

posted September 21, 2008 at 4:47 pm

To think that Obama is the Anti-Christ or that Palin was sent by God to redeem us just shows how goofy some conservative evangelical Christians have become. I find it both pathetic and funny at the same time.
I truly believe that if and when the real Anti-Christ comes that he/she will be a flag waving Bible thumper who will espouse an ultra-rightwing version of Chrstianity that has nothing to do with Jesus but will deceive millions into following a false Gospel.

Scruffy

posted September 21, 2008 at 5:03 pm

To use the Word of God to justify “Name Calling” is to abuse the Wholeness of God’s Sacred Word. To claim to have Divine Knowledge to justify evil intent is to blaspheme the Spirit of Truth. Be slow to anger, my friend, slow to reap justice, for the God of Faith is all knowing and he knows your heart.
To Slander another because you have not walked in his path nor lived in his house is to bring shortcoming to your understanding. Jesus is the Messiah of Peace between the peoples of the world. We are to be united by faith and not by fear. We are called to be right with God and right with each other. If words that spew from your lips burn and scotch rather than heal, then perhaps you should re-examine your heart.
James wrote to the disciples; “If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but receives his heart, this person’s religion is worthless” (James 1:26)
There are more sins afloat in this country than abortion and homosexuality. The false gospel is that we are justifying other sins while condemning a few. If God was to bring His wrath upon this Nation it will be because of ALL its sins.

Don

posted September 21, 2008 at 5:46 pm

Obama said he’s going to campaign in 57 states, and it turns out that there are 57 Islamic states.
Obama slips up and says “my Muslim faith“!!!
Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent.
Obama’s Contributor List Reads Like The Saudi Phone Book
Obama supporter who gave max allowed $2300 donation calls for increased attacks on U.S. troops
‘I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.’ Quote by Obama
Wake Up America!!!!

Enough with the Christian Haters

posted September 21, 2008 at 6:25 pm

Un. Be. Lievable. I suggest if Jesus were on this earth today, Jesus would say: “I am not Christian.”
“Of all religions, Christianity is without a doubt the one that should inspire tolerance most, although, up to now, the Christians have been the most intolerant of all men” — Voltaire
“Christianity supplies a Hell for the people who disagree with you and a Heaven for your friends” — Elbert Hubbard, American author
“I am no friend of present-day Christianity, though its Founder was sublime.” — Vincent Van Gogh, letter to Theo van Gogh, Oct. 1884
and my personal favorite…
Making fun of born-again Christians is like hunting dairy cows with a high powered rifle and scope.
– P. J. O’Rourke

Warren Cheswick

posted September 21, 2008 at 7:34 pm

Hmm… I have to say I didn’t expect to see members of the Knight of the Ku Klux Klan make a bold appearance on Steve’s blog today. Pretty incredible.

Peggy McGilligan

posted September 22, 2008 at 12:08 am

Actually we did some fact checking on this very subject. Before I can provide a definitive answer about whether Sarah Palin was actually sent to do battle with the anti-Christ though, I must ask a few questions. Did you know the devil and the anti-Christ can both quote scripture? Did you know satan runs an identity theft ring? He’d especially like to get his hands on this kind of information. Did you know God has a sense of humor, sometimes? And, did you know that your photo is cropped in such a manner as not to reveal your entire forehead? Steve, you seem like a nice guy, but this matter is after all highly confidential. Before you go after the big fish, it’s good to have a firm foundation: http://theseedsof9-11.com

Carol H.

posted September 22, 2008 at 1:23 am

Wait, I thought this was a religious site. The comments I see here on both sides of the question do not appear to be very nice or kind. Is this religious?

whynot

posted September 22, 2008 at 2:08 am

Now McCain Campaign is asking for rules for Palin’s debate with Biden.
Rules for Sarah – include scripted interviews, not turning in tax returns, not showing up for troopergate.
Tom Brokaw, Bob Schieffer and Jim Lehrer – we are counting on you to do your job like Charlie Gibson did. There are no rules when someone is running for VP. There were none for Hillary or anyone else.
People lets just call this what it is – a farce. McCain is putting himself first not the country – don’t let him fool you.
This is a sad day in America

Tyler

posted September 22, 2008 at 2:36 am

I honestly can’t believe what I just read. Have you actually done research on Palin? She has a B.A. in Journalism (that’s a 4 year degree by the way). Obama has an 8 year degree, after attending Harvard, Occidental College, and Columbia University on SCHOLARSHIPS. He didn’t go because his Dad was rich, he went because he worked incredibly hard and earned everything he got.
As for the name thing, that is completely coincidental, and deep down, in your desperate search to find approval of her, you know it. If you are using the coincidences of what their names mean as a justification for your argument, you must also have learned in your research that Obama’s name means “Blessing, the good”.
So if you use the same logic on both sides, you make no sense. At least to me anyway.
:-)

Merritt

posted September 22, 2008 at 4:54 am

I think that it’s a sad day for America.
When one can say this and that with out really knowing the person
And we say! speak the truth,people what is the truth.
We need a god fearing man no matter what people say.

dawn

posted September 22, 2008 at 10:06 am

We must all remember that God is still in control.He is the author and finisher of our faith.God still set’s on his thrown and he see’s and hear’s all.God will not be mocked and he will judge accordenly.
Jesus said i am the only way to the father.There is only one way and those who pick the other roads are deceived,not because i say so but because God say’s so him self.Every knee will bow and that includes every non believer,of every religion, every one who has ever been born.He knows who will be President and what is happening in our country as far as our countrys finances,oil,wealth and we need to still remember that God will never leave nor forsake us.

pagansister

posted September 22, 2008 at 11:26 am

Sarah wasn’t sent by anything divine, she was just picked in a desparate attemmpt to bolster McCain’s run for the highest office in the USA. She is so conservative, she almost squeaks, and that’s not good for women…or anyone else.
Obama is the Anti-Christ? That sounds like the ony excuse the RR can come up with as to why their “followers” shouldn’t vote for him.
Considering this country is supposed to have separation of church and state, the religion of the candidates SHOULDN’T have anything to do with how a vote is cast. Religious training and decisions of what to do for the country (the USA) should be separate. As much as the RR would like to believe, this country is a mixture of religions… fortunately not a totally Christian country. We’d be in huge trouble if this country was run like the RR would like. Big trouble.

pagansister

posted September 22, 2008 at 11:46 am

correction: As much as the RR DOESN’T like to believe, this country is a mixture of religions…fortunately not a totally Christian country.

Ashe

posted September 22, 2008 at 6:16 pm

The Anti-Christ? Sir, I believe your posts violate your own rules of conduct for this blog. You should be ashamed of yourself for spreading such hatred.
Dont forget Mr. Waldman, God is watching.

pagansister

posted September 22, 2008 at 6:42 pm

Ashe:
“Don’t forget Mr. Waldman, God is watching.”
Is that like a security camera?

John

posted September 22, 2008 at 6:45 pm

This crap is scary. We have some nutjobs in this country, and this article only proves as much.
“Obama the muslim anti-christ”….wow, you people have stooped to a new low.

Corlis

posted September 22, 2008 at 9:40 pm

I am very frustrated with all the reasons that people choose not to support the Democratic presidential nominee however I am more frustrated by why some believe Sarah Palin is so Christian. I refuse to let myself be led by all the falsehood. There are so many rumors out about Obama. Well I will not be led by either party in my religous convictions because I do not look to them for that leadership but I look to Jesus Christ. I am an Obama supporter and what disturbs me most is that a new survey stated that 40 percent of people that do believe in his political leadership will not vote for him because he is black. That just makes me sick at my stomach because it shows that our country has not overcome. Other nations are looking at us to see if we are all that we say that we are. This very fact may be just what finally destroys us.

kid rhythm

posted September 22, 2008 at 11:06 pm

Neither of them would be found right in the sight of GOD!!!! They are BOTH very wrong and if you would like to know the real truth and the the secret in Revelation 10, “The Angel and the Small Scroll” that was not allowed to be written please contact me asap! I have all of the amswers this upside down and backwards world is looking for and they come straight from GOD in Heaven above. I am totally sane and I do not use drugs. I am a very prominent person and I can explain so much to you that I know about this election, the Bible, God and anything else that needs to be cleared up. Just give me a try and see what you think. Ask me about anything you wish to know and see if I can answer with reason and intellegence to solve so many huge problems facing the people today! God sent me here for this very reason so please do take me up on my offer…He will be delighted!!!! And YOU will become famous and make HISTORY!!!!
Sincerely,
Kid Rhythm!

J W Majors

posted September 22, 2008 at 11:35 pm

God has predestinated Governor Palin to be President.She will be elected Vice-President and then be elevated later to the Presidency. This is most important woman God has raised up since Joan Of Arc. No weapon formed against her will prosper.She is destined to become our greatest President. God laughs at her enemies. He knows you are dust in the balance and accounted as less than nothing. Shortly,when the band plays Hail To The Chief,President Palin will appear. Get used to it.

pagansister

posted September 23, 2008 at 4:56 pm

Palin is the most important woman God has raised up since Joan Of Arc? Joan of Arc got herself burned at the stake. That was success?
You’re dreaming, J W Majors, you’re dreaming.
If there is a god, and I seriously doubt it, she/he has much, much better things to do than worry about Sarah.
Palin is so conservative she almost squeeks, and certainly no good for women and their personal rights. This country will most certainly NOT be in good shape if McCain/Palin are in the White House.

vanel

posted September 23, 2008 at 5:31 pm

i cannot understand how intelligent people cannot see thru obama’s false front . he blows with the wind. mr corlis says obama is a christian. how can he be when he believes in even late term abortion. i agree with jw majors. sarah is a wonderful christian lady. she is truly sent from god to this nation to bring us back to god as a nation. we need her so desperatly. i hope and pray that america comes back to her senses and votes republican. its our only hope.

Syler

posted September 23, 2008 at 7:41 pm

Who gives a **** if he/she’s a Christian or not, that’s some of the worst logic and petty appeal I’ve seen in a long time.
It’s people like Jim Bramlett that makes Religion look BAD.

pagansister

posted September 23, 2008 at 9:32 pm

So, the people in the country should again vote for the Republican
candidate so we can continue to have the great success as a country that we have had for the last almost 8 years? ! Lets see…just for starters… the invasion of a country without any reason thus starting a war that has killed many of our soldiers or crippled them for life, and killed lots of Iraq’s civilians….and our economy certainly is GREAT!…So, we should again vote for the Republican candidate? I don’t think so!
We don’t need 4 more years of “Bush” in the disguise of McCain.
“I hope and pray that America comes to it’s senses and votes Republican. It is our only hope.” vanel
Bad idea.
And once again…no one celestial has chosen Palin. A celestial being would have more sense.

J W Majors

posted September 24, 2008 at 10:03 am

Dear Pagan sister: I will get back in touch with you on 11/5. I am a compassionate person and I promise I will feel your pain.

pagansister

posted September 24, 2008 at 9:09 pm

There will be no pain on my part.

Adrienne

posted September 25, 2008 at 10:51 am

Not understanding why support for Obama is so strong is obtuse. He’s intelligent, accomplished, thoughtful and a wonderful speaker. He’s worked hard to attain a law degree, worked hard for the working people and worked hard to run an excellent campaign.
People see hope in him–that is what they are responding to. He wants to do away with divisiveness and unify the country–just the opposite of the message that McCain-Palin are sending. That’s why people respond to him the way they respond to anyone who seeks the good in all of us, together. Not some of us.
I did not support Obama for a long time. I looked closely at the candidates, at their positions, and at their personal character. I used my rational faculties. I believe in the American dream and I believe in the Constitution and I believe in God.
Just because Palin says she is a good Christian, doesn’t mean she is. She is deceptive. She has lied about her record (I have checked this out extensively)and has enacted policies that have nothing to do with the legacy of Jesus Christ. You are being deceived.

Robert

posted September 27, 2008 at 11:41 pm

Look at the complete list of idiots that support Obama and attack Palin: Bill Maher, Sarah Bernhard, Matt Damon, Roseanne Barr, Al Franken, Sarah Silverman.
These paople have become wealthy due to a bizarre set of comedic indiosyncrasies. However, surely no one would actually listen to their political opinions as something of value. I commend their ability to make money but come on…. Sarah Silverman describes “licking her dog’s ass” and holding “dootie” on a stick and then turns to us and says to tell our grandparents in FLA to vote for Obama? I will get right on that….seeing how Obama Is such a huge supporter of Israel….ya right.
Their ingnorant support of Obama and complete disdain and contempt for Palin, lead me to vote for McCain/Palin. The smart money is not with court jesters………

Proxy

posted September 28, 2008 at 3:46 pm

“I wrote earlier that Christians will not abandon Palin no matter what comes out because they’ve defined criticism as being ant-Christian.”
How does criticism of Palin = Anti-Christian, differ from criticism of Obama = Racist?

truthseeker

posted September 30, 2008 at 10:16 am

Anyone consider that Sarah Palin could be the Anti-Christ?

An amused person

posted October 6, 2008 at 4:01 am

Here goes our country again. Fear mongering as usual. They all had you so convinced that Iraq had “nu-cu-lar” weapons and intended to use them. You all jumped on board that quagmire and now ALL of us have to pay for it. Well now here they go again “Obama’s a terrorist, the Antichrist and *gasp* a Muslim!!!” Hey, it worked the first time for the dumber half of our country why wouldn’t it work again. I don’t blame the Republicans. After all who is the bigger fool; The fool or the people that follow the fool? And you say Palin is some kind of holy warrior sent to fend off the devil’s minions? I would think God would have at least sent somebody who didn’t need the word nuclear phonetically spelled in her written speeches. Literally, they had to write “NEW-CLEAR” for her. I know you guys say God has a sense of humor, but this is just sick of “Him” to appoint someone so ill-equipped. I also don’t recall Jesus trying to ban books or shoot wolves from aircraft. Reality check people, there is a good chance that this person will be given the codes that can destroy this world dozens of times over. Over my irradiated, burning corpse! Look at John Where’sMyCain’s picture before the campaign, and now. It looks like he’s aged ten years. You think he can handle the extreme pressures of being president and maintain his health? And he wont last long. He’s gunna be so stressed out after all the criticism he’ll get from being a bad president. He makes random poor decisions like:
1. Selecting a person he didn’t even know as his V.P.
2.Canceling the Debates and riding back to Washington to fix our economy. And then having the debates after all. And he still couldn’t get his guys to give enough votes.
3. Not wearing sunscreen.
People that make random decisions with their “gut” make great movie characters, but horrible presidents. I would hope we would have learned that after the last eight years.

Donald Regan

posted October 6, 2008 at 7:44 pm

It’s sad that people are so quick to jump to some quasi-religous conclusion about either canditate.
Just look to common sense.
Common sense tells me that for Obama to have got to where he has he must be a very talented and compelling orator who manages to inspire. He’s a political “prophet” not a religious one.
Palin, on the other hand, is nothing of the kind. She was a last ditch gamble by her party, that for a while paid off – but her lack of knowledge and general inadequacy has been exposed by the media.
Stripping away the religious dogma, whose going to be the better leader.

nq5511

posted October 7, 2008 at 4:44 pm

Abortion issues like others are important for a Christian to consider. I was faced with such decisions in my youth, as all God’s children, as true Christians, will face challenges, temptations, and such in their walk. Yet,
there have been those converted to Christianity in idol worshiping nations, Buddhist, Muslim, etc. No matter
the laws of the nation, when we come into the presence of God, we will give an account of what we do as an individual. Since God already sent us Word that overseers of the church, deacons, Bishops, etc. will be held accountable for their responsibilities, I see these issues as having more to do with the church and pastors and their flock. They should be preaching about what God says regarding ALL things. The Holy Spirit will guide and convict true believers. Even parents will begin doing their part too. Ultimately, this is a work of the church, but too many are busy blaming the government, laws, leaders and such. Life is so uncertain, we’d better get our act together. Who knows when there last day will arrive. Katrina, Sept 11th, accidents, murders, and such caught many unprepared, unfortunately.

Spencer LaFong

posted October 7, 2008 at 9:14 pm

Dear An amused person:
FYI: sunscreen was not available at the time when McCain was basking in the sun on R&R, damaging his skin. Just wanted to remind you.

Kerry

posted October 21, 2008 at 2:47 am

Hmmm…..last time I checked, it was perfectly acceptable to be whatever religion you wanted to be in this country. Even IF Obama were a Muslim should it matter? (Which we all know he isn’t, or were all the ignorant Confederate flag waving zelouts out burning crosses in someones yard during the whole Reverend Wright scandal?)
What if a Muslim American, Athetist American, Jewish American, or even a Wiccan American like myself decided they wanted to run for president? They can just go ahead and forget about that dream now because they don’t believe in a book that has been altered, edited, rewritten, and reworded more times than any other book in history? (yep, that be that bible so many of you Christians like to thump at me right after I tell you guys I’m not one of you)
Last time I checked, the qualifications for running the United States didn’t include having the belief that a man was murdered to pay for the sins of the rest of humanity.
Faith and Spirituality are private personal matters that should not be used to judge a person on how well they will do in a job. Theres a nice word for it…its called discrimination. Not very “Christian” if you ask me. And quite frankly….the way the Christian religion is going, I’d almost rather see a non-Christian leader in the White House, because the first 40+ Christians that were in charge had led us to where we are today.

youi

posted October 21, 2008 at 11:20 am

Meh,His theology certainly is Anti-Christian.
If he is the antichrist or just an antichrist remains to be seen.
I suspect he will win simply becuase lawless and immoral men are gaining a voice and are anxious to wield power.It would also be a sign of judgement.
It seem god lets wickeness reach it’s fullness before he judges it.

yournamwe

posted October 21, 2008 at 11:33 am

“Faith and Spirituality are private personal matters that should not be used to judge a person on how well they will do in a job. Theres a nice word for it…its called discrimination. Not very “Christian” if you ask me.
Christianity is not exclusive,to seperate people who follow god from those who don’t is one of Jesus tasks.You might want to look up the meaning of the word discrimintaion before you throw it around.It means “The ability or power to see or make fine distinctions; discernment”.
Faith and understanding of god are the basis or morality and ethics.
Being a wiccan it would make perfect sense that you wouldn’t care about a persons religious background since wiccans create there own based on whatever they choose.This makes you the author of your own faith,and i suppose even your own god if you choose.
I would simply suggest that you use discrimination and actually search out what is at the basis of christianity before making comments about it.

jimmy

posted October 25, 2008 at 11:40 am

A MUST see video for *ALL *CHRISTIANS* before voting day.

Marsha

posted October 27, 2008 at 12:43 pm

I believe that the Spirit of Jezebel has taken control of Sarah Palin and she is deceiving the far right Christians. They have taken their eyes off of God and simply look to her as this Savior of their Republican Party. It amazes me that they do not understand that “For God so loved the WORLD that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.” As a christian we are suppose to live and conduct ourselves such that Jesus be lifted up and men will be drawn to HIM. This hate, anti-tolerence and labeling of people being done by Sarah Palin the “Jezebel Spirit” of the far right is not of God!
Satan is taken the far right christian’s eyes off of the true fight… The GOOD fight of Faith and focused it on this election. I have seen more people drawn away from Christ because of the nasty, smurky ways of Sarah Palin. Open your eyes and see her deception before it is too late.
I am a Christian before I am an American, before I am a Republican/Democrat, before I am some Denomination established by man to separate and make distinctions.
Christians, lift of Jesus and quit defending Sarah! Close your eyes and listen to how she consistenly labels people who are not “like her” no way do I see or hear Jesus being lifted up in her messy speeches or campaigns.

Andreika

posted October 28, 2008 at 4:46 am

Sarah Palin wasn’t sent by god, Sarah Palin IS a god! She is just humble about it. I know for a fact she is a god, she appeared too me nightly and I give her antonments of milk and honey and often times blood to show my love, adoration, enthrallment and respect for her. There needs to be be a church made and alters reared to her all over the world! You all need to accept her as your deity and the only one you will obey! She is all things good and good only can come from her. Sarah has remained under the limelight for this long to gradually work up to this, to prepare for battle…Obama is indeed the anti-Christ and she will slay him! It is writen, I have the prophetic words! AVE SARAH!!! JUST WAIT AND SEE !! I AM NOT NUTS, I JUST KNOW!!!!

Tom

posted October 28, 2008 at 4:03 pm

I wish her well in her current mission; for the anti-Christ is very cunning, persuasive, and wise in the ways of rhetoric. He also has many in the MSM lured into his plot, that they are willing to look the other way when he does blunder. Hail Palin!!

Titus

posted October 28, 2008 at 4:34 pm

Or Maybe Sarah is the Anti-Christ? Can someone add the hebrew form of her name Shin-Resh-Heh, Peh-Alef-Lamed-Nun?
I don’t believe she is, but this is very interesting.

J W Majors

posted October 28, 2008 at 5:57 pm

Dear Pagan sister. Are you still around? Hope you will be on blog on 11/5. How does Vice-president elect Sarah Palin sound?

L. Agee

posted October 30, 2008 at 6:16 pm

Raise up your golden girl. She’s done more to help Obama than Biden did. VP Palin does sound scary though.

Gary

posted November 1, 2008 at 11:45 am

umm.. seperation of church and state. freedom of religion. That applies to the president too.

Trip

posted January 19, 2010 at 8:16 am

Oh you have to be freaking kidding me on this one. If God sent Palin to earth to take down your anti-christ (Obama), then I think he would have equipped her a little better. She is, after all, le dumb.

Mark Stapleton

posted August 20, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Diod someone actually write this piece and manage to keep a straight face?

Aside from that, I noticed that the article was full of “I sense that…” and “I feel…” and “I think that…”

When you consistently base rational decision-making upon emotions and “feelings”, you’re headed down a slippery slope that you will never recover from.

how to get rid of ringworm fast

posted September 3, 2014 at 7:02 pm

Hello, Nice posting. There is a dilemma along with your website around traveler, would check this kind of? Internet explorer still is the market industry leader and a great component to many people can pass up your good creating for that reason issue.. how to get rid of ringworm fast