I received from a friend who is actively involved within the mentally challenged community. She has worked as a professional. Her family is deeply involved in the professional community. She is a volunteer with Special Gathering. Currently, she is part of the management team for a US Congressman. While this Word was specifically given to members of the mentally challenged community, these principles apply to every crisis in our lives.
If you believe God is sovereign, then every circumstance of your life including crisis is UNDER HIS CONTROL.
You know that God can eliminate a crisis or problem instantaneously. If he hasn’t done that, then you need to be looking for more than just deliverance from it.
It takes real spiritual maturity to seek God for something other than deliverance in a crisis.
Do not ask for deliverance from the situation, but rather for BOLDNESS (not rescue) in face of this threat.
Set aside your desire for personal protection and fling yourself out before God as a vessel to be used in this crisis.
- When faced with the lions’ den, if Daniel prayed simply for the crisis to disappear, the chance for God to be exalted before the King would disappear.
- Daniel didn’t pray for the crisis to go way. He prayed for God to do something miraculous through it.
SO WHAT DOES IT MEAN
- Discern all that is at stake besides my comfort
- You will find God exalting himself in every aspect of your life.
- Jesus did this when he faced the cross. He asked God for deliverance coupled with a prayer for submission. His willingness to walk the path of God’s will and bring glory to His name came with a price. JESUS DIED FOR US.
ASK FOR PRAYER
WE NEED THE BODY OF CHRIST TO PRAY FOR US; WE ARE IN CRISIS.
We won’t have the strength, except for the prayers of God’s people.
- I boldly submit to the work of God I cannot see.
- I do not cut God short by praying for the easiest way out, but pray that God’s holy name will be glorified.
- I yield to his ways even if it means that our deliverance is delayed.
- I pray God gives us strength (not deliverance) to carry out this difficult assignment.
- I pray for Grace to prevail through the storm rather than to be rescued from it.
- I ask for specific deliverance, but along with it, I ask God to resolve the crisis in a way that honors him and allows for the greatest display of his POWER, LOVE AND MERCY.
- Jesus prayed for an end to the crisis (being crucified on the cross) that would exalt God the most.
- Ask for God to be honored in how the conflict is handled.
- Ask God to be glorified in our faith.
- Pray for God to make Himself famous and show himself strong in this crisis.
- Lord, do something miraculous here!
QUESTIONS FOR GOD
- God, what are you trying to accomplish?
- God, what are you wanting to do in me through this crisis?
- God, how can your name be glorified here?