One of the secrets to happiness that everyone knows is gratitude. People write lists in journals about what they are grateful for. They mean it. They mentally affirm it, but they don’t take full advantage of how powerful it can be. They don’t feel it. Like really feel it. They say all the things they’re supposed to say. Family, friends, health, job, etc. all come to mind, but we really feel them in moments and not categories. Like when our kids say something really sweet. When we hear of a health struggle someone has and we really appreciate how valuable our health is. Or when we have those fleeting moments of clarity where we really grasp how blessed we are when we’re out in nature. Write down those moments. Those moments I call soar-soaring moments. When you consciously take stock of them every day it creates a Gratitude Lifestyle. Seriously, you can realize one thing you are grateful for everyday or you’re not looking hard enough. Even if you aren’t in the best place, this will help you get one the road to happiness.
Try it as an exercise. Right now think of things you LOVE. Not just love, but L-O-V-E! Like wisteria in Springtime. I don’t know about you, but the first time I see a glimpse of that purple magic, I get so happy. I don’t know why, but I’m glad nature makes me that happy. Not bugs in nature, unless we’re talking the cute ones like ladybugs. Shoes makes me happy too, a fierce pair of heels does make me giddy. My mom has surely given me the passion for fashion. Cooking a wonderful meal brings me joy also, just as much as going to a fabulous restaurant, maybe even more. I love fresh produce and how colorful it. I love color. Every color in some form. They make me feel different things. And music. . .oh, how I love music. I love focusing on the good. This is why I’m super choosey on what I watch or read. Life is too short for me to feel bad, on purpose. I’m a vibe snob like that. I’m very sensitive to energy so I censor what comes in my world. Also, with the law of attraction, whatever your dominant attention is put on will grow in your reality. Another perk of gratitude is it’s fertile ground for receiving more goodness in your life. The opposite is true. If you’re never satisfied, you’ll never be satisfied. If you always need more and aren’t ever content and appreciate what you have, you will never be happy and if you receive more, you probably won’t even notice it.
Gratitude is the perfect channel to be on for receiving mode. It’s saying, “Thank you! And I’d love more please,” like when you give your child a handful of strawberries and they’re so happy, you are eager to give them more when they ask sweetly. Wherever you are at in this moment, you can tune into the gratitude channel. Remember it’s a lifestyle, so just change the channel.
I have 24 hours in each day, as do we all. I try to squeeze as much juice out of life as I can. I give as many hugs as I can to my kids, try to use the least amount of harsh words as I can (a challenge for me at times). I try to spread kindness and speak my truth. I am a smiler and a hugger. These things make me happy. I think it’s so important what I put in my body and even more, what I put in my mind. I surround my life with things that delight me. When you know your intention is to feel good, gratitude is one of your greatest and most practical tool. I will give an example of my list today:
1. When my baby, Dylaney Maeve smiles, it melts my heart.
2. Eating breakfast with a friend at a restaurant that has organic eggs and good ingredients.
3. My youngest son Seamus (4) putting his arm around me and saying, “Mom, it will be okay,”when I told him my Dad has to have surgery again.
4. Getting my crystals in the mail from Sage Goddess and holding them in my hand to feel the energy.
5. The warm weather and wearing shorts after a LONG winter.
6. Baking a cake that I’m going to decorate later tonight.
7. Looking at pictures of my sister’s Bachlorette Dinner last night and appreciating my mom, my daughter, my sister, and my best friends Shannon and Tricia.
8. The pink flowers on my table, plants in my home, and every flower I pass as I drive around in Springtime.
9. All the business opportunities that are blooming and all the people that always want to help me. I have great cheerleaders and online friends easily become real friends for me.
10. My home. Not the physical structure, which is good and all, but the feeling of home. There is such an amazing feeling to feel at home.
Much love to all. Have a great weekend.