Reformed Chicks Blabbing

Reformed Chicks Blabbing

I had a pretty rough week

posted by Susan Johnson

As you probably can tell from the lack of content this week, I had a pretty rough week. I was in a lot of pain over the weekend, my stomach was swollen which made it really hard to eat, sleep, walk and breathe. They removed 3.5 liters of fluid from my abdomen this week, so I was able to get on the Internet for the first time in a week. Not feeling too chatty though, sorry! It’s hard to blog about the cancer but I’ll try to say more tomorrow.

pagansister

posted March 11, 2010 at 9:44 pm

Just rest, Michele. Keep fighting. Positive thoughts are being sent your way!

Robert Morwell

posted March 11, 2010 at 10:29 pm

While I am still abstaining from participation on this blog, I saw a brief excerpt on the Bnet home page and thought I would retunr simply to let you know that I am praying for you to find relief and new strength.
While I may fervently disagree with your plitical views, this is something the trancends all that. I pray that your family will also be strengthened.

MH

posted March 11, 2010 at 10:52 pm

Sorry to hear you are feeling ill.

Tom M.

posted March 12, 2010 at 8:35 am

May God be with you and your family, and may you find comfort in Him, Michelle. And thanks for your perkiness in contributing to this blog, which has given me as much joy as anything connected with WTS in this millenium.

Alicia

posted March 12, 2010 at 9:20 am

You are a very brave woman, Michele, and I continue to hold you in my prayers. Please also pray for Rod Dreher’s sister.

Kass

posted March 12, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Hey michele,
I just went to your Twitter site wondering how you were doing. Then I saw that you’re regularly updating here. Just wanted to let you know I’m praying for you!

Karen

posted March 12, 2010 at 5:59 pm

Soon you will go home to your Lord (who may not be exactly Whom you believe your Lord to be, but this is a good thing, nonetheless). Be strong in your faith.

kelly

posted March 13, 2010 at 10:49 am

I am so glad that you have healthcare insurance to ease your, and your family’s, burden. I can’t imagine what your life would be like without it.

Robert

posted March 18, 2010 at 1:46 am

Having lost two women I love to this form of cancer, it does sound as if you are in your last few months. Why on earth bother with this blog? Be blessed in the real world, not the online world.

elizabeth

posted March 18, 2010 at 9:30 pm

dear michelle,
i have read your blog for quite some time and i so appreciate your heart and humor! (i am so sad at the insensitivity of some of the, perhaps well-meaning, comments here.) i am certain you have many faithful friends and family praying for you and i join them, for God’s grace and healing and HOPE. Jesus is near.
God bless you and keep you…

Jessica

posted March 18, 2010 at 10:44 pm

A friend of mine sent me your link, and I just wanted to pass along some support, encouragement, and prayers. We’re the body of Christ – our struggles are one another’s struggles. And though I don’t know you, I know you through Him. My prayers are with you in this time, and there is hope in the One that IS hope.

Tom

posted March 22, 2010 at 9:06 am

It has been a while since I visited this blog, but I’ve been thinking about you recently, Michelle. Sorry for what you’re going through (so many of my friends have battled and lost from one strain or another of this malignancy).
May God be with you in your struggles,
Tom

Doug

posted March 24, 2010 at 11:47 am

Michelle:
I’m sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time. I’ll be honest with you- I hardly agree with your posts, but by no means do I wish you any ill will, nor do I condone anyone else doing so.
You are my Sister in Christ, and I love you. May God Bless You with His Healing, Hope, Peace, and Love. AMEN!

Sherman

posted March 25, 2010 at 5:24 am

Hello I am new here to this site. I am a Christian, I am so sorry that you are in such pain I pray that God will heal you soon. Have you been to endtime.com it is a really good Christian Prophecy websiteI hope you will go there and check it out. God Bless
your brother in Christ
Sherman

yelladawgNC

posted March 29, 2010 at 10:55 am

Michelle, I “checked out” of RCB on Election Day, 2008 after campaigning hard here and in the real world for the candidate you opposed (by that point I was burnt out, exhausted from the incessant wrangling & felt I needed a break for the sake of my mental and spiritual health). Since then, I’ve often wondered what you might be saying about various issues, but I stayed away. This morning, after one of my sporadic and brief periods of meditation, I felt an impulse to check in (I wonder now if perhaps it was the Lord),and discovered that you are ill. I am truly sorry to hear this news & it certainly puts all our political differences into the proper perspective. I pray that Jesus will comfort and sustain you & your family through all this, and heal you in body, mind and spirit. Peace be with you.

PaP

posted April 4, 2010 at 10:55 am

I am sorry to/i> hear about your pain but you may be able to take some small comfort in that you’re not the only one who suffers.

^v^ Indian Outlaw ^v^

posted October 28, 2010 at 3:30 am

Honey Ive had cancer twice and DON”T believe in “Modern Medicine” Try smoking some good herb It makes you hungry , Relieves stress and therefore reduces pain relieves nausia AND it brightens your day !!

Another Blog To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Reformed Chicks Babbling. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Inspiration Report Happy Reading!!!

posted 3:05:14pm Aug. 27, 2012 | read full post »

One Final Word
My dear friend Michele slipped into eternity on Wednesday, February 1.   She was a remarkable woman who left a legacy of faith, determination, and love. For three years she courageously battled the ovarian cancer that eventually robbed her of her life.  A few days before she died, one of her docto

posted 8:43:41pm Feb. 10, 2012 | read full post »

The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated
My husband told me that there are rumors that I've died. I'm happy to report that I'm still very much alive. My cancer has gone to stage four but we are controlling it with chemo, the cancer numbers are currently in the normal range. I've stopped blogging to concentrate on my daughters and writing a

posted 7:07:55pm Aug. 23, 2010 | read full post »

An update and a prayer request
Several people have asked about Michele's condition, and have promised to pray for her. On her behalf, I thank you for that. I spoke with her a little while ago, and she asked that I come here and tell you what's going on, and to ask you to pray for her. She isn't able to post here herself right

posted 4:55:36pm Apr. 06, 2010 | read full post »

Rest in peace, Internet Monk.
A man known in the cyber world as The Internet Monk, has died. Michael Spencer lost his battle with cancer tonight. My prayers go out for his family and for all those who loved and will miss him. :(

posted 11:52:00pm Apr. 05, 2010 | read full post »